Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Honestly, as long as Pepe Larraz is on this book, Nobody is going to care about the writing.
    I hope it's better written than Empyre or Extermination.

Which shouldn't be complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I mean... given Everett's 500 years experience, Scott should be a protégé to him!
    I'm extremely interested in seeing how his experience translates in the world outside the Vault. He's surely good at staying alive!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

I do not have any expectations of Duggan, I can just close the book and enjoy that cover if need be.

However, people going on about the lineup dynamics or whatever else... Hellions is a blast and I hear people are into X-Factor. The thing that will win or lose the reader is the writing, but hopefully the art can steal it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Jean, and possibly Scott, also made out with Laura's dad.
    Didn't Jean make out with Logan's son and Scott make out with Laura?

I need a smoke.
    "Cable was right!"

I don't hate it...part me of wishes Sunspot could have been a option all in all its cool however I will never think of Laura as the wolverine I like her as X-23 but Wolverine is Logan period for me anyway....not taking anything with from her...
    HM I hear alot of disappointed ppl talking about generic or safe some of the picks are and my thing they have to sell the book and alot of these obscure characters do nothing to move the needle or drive interest.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I do not have any expectations of Duggan, I can just close the book and enjoy that cover if need be.

However, people going on about the lineup dynamics or whatever else... Hellions is a blast and I hear people are into X-Factor. The thing that will win or lose the reader is the writing, but hopefully the art can steal it.
    Agreed, for me as long as the writing is good any character can work. As you mentioned, look no further than Hellions where Zeb Wells has created a little gem with mostly D-list characters.

That's why even if I personally don't find Sunfire all that interesting, I'm open to be pleasantly surprised by Duggan: if he likes him, picked him for his team and has cool plans, then more power to him.

I'm really afraid this will be the nostalgia-feel, regressive book. A classical superhero story (a.k.a. BORING!). While Way of X, SWORD, Hickman's new book will continue the exciting innovation of the X-Men books, X-Men will be a nostalgia jerk-off. Not my cup of tea. I'm here for a new era not for a return to the past already.

I hope I'm wrong....let's rethink what the X-Men in the times of Krakoa can be?!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm really afraid this will be the nostalgia-feel, regressive book. A classical superhero story (a.k.a. BORING!). While Way of X, SWORD, Hickman's new book will continue the exciting innovation of the X-Men books, X-Men will be a nostalgia jerk-off. Not my cup of tea. I'm here for a new era.

I hope I'm wrong....let's rethink what the X-Men in the times of Krakoa can be!
    If you have seven other books are that are non-super hero books, why want there to not be a super hero book for the people who want it? Besides, everything Hickman has built his castle on is a pile of nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Honestly, as long as Pepe Larraz is on this book, Nobody is going to care about the writing.
    very true. But he can also not save a boring book for long...

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If you have seven other books are that are non-super hero books, why want there to not be a super hero book for the people who want it? Besides, everything Hickman has built his castle on is a pile of nostalgia.
    really? Explain this to me. I disagree. It is build within the world of the X-Men but everything in it is feeling super fresh. For me it is using what have been established and reinterpret all of it. I love Hickman for it. It really does not feel nostalgic at all.

The X-Men moved on from the past. Let's have a little bit fun staying here before we return to some nostalgia book that probably will feel like every other superhero book on the stand.

I'm really afraid this will be the nostalgia-feel, regressive book. A classical superhero story (a.k.a. BORING!). While Way of X, SWORD, Hickman's new book will continue the exciting innovation of the X-Men books, X-Men will be a nostalgia jerk-off. Not my cup of tea. I'm here for a new era not for a return to the past already.

I hope I'm wrong....let's rethink what the X-Men in the times of Krakoa can be?!
    The key to the comic will be when what the X-Men see as correct and the interests of the Silent Council do not coincide.

Aren't we being a bit too hasty to be saying the book is gonna be boring when it's not even out yet?

The creative teams almost always surprise me, for better or worse. I'm hoping this will be more UA than Marauders.

But either way, I wouldn't worry about this books presumed success. Not with several A list characters (Cyclops, Jean, Rogue) and a Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The key to the comic will be when what the X-Men see as correct and the interests of the Silent Council do not coincide.
    I think they key will be to expand what the X-Men will be in 2021. Will they have a political voice on Krakoa? Will they start a new schism on the island? Will they simply start the return to the status quo?

I need some good visionary writing, not a mediocre X-Men team book....

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Aren't we being a bit too hasty to be saying the book is gonna be boring when it's not even out yet?

The creative teams almost always surprise me, for better or worse. I'm hoping this will be more UA than Marauders.

But either way, I wouldn't worry about this books presumed success. Not with several A list characters (Cyclops, Jean, Rogue) and a Wolverine.
    Sorry, yes, you are right. Marauders was just bad for me....cannot help myself being skeptical. Nonetheless will read the first issues and hope for the best.

really? Explain this to me. I disagree. It is build within the world of the X-Men but everything in it is feeling super fresh. For me it is using what have been established and reinterpret all of it. I love Hickman for it. It really does not feel nostalgic at all.

The X-Men moved on from the past. Let's have a little bit fun staying here before we return to some nostalgia book that probably will feel like every other superhero book on the stand.
    I find that having a team of X-Men saving the world while now connected to a home nation to be intriguing. The dynamics of that will be interesting to me and as Glio mentioned, how things go down when the X-Men want to do something but the Council disagrees.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!