Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Humans still created it for this specific purpose. This wasn't an invention concocted for the fun of it that just so happened to be used the wrong way. It was deliberately designed with hurting and killing mutants in mind. If we had a weapon created by a white supremacist to murder people that aren't white by detecting their skin color, and white people had a history of accepting and using it for that purpose, we wouldn't say white people bear no blame at all if that technology gets restored and used to commit a genocide just because the person who used it this time wasn't white and people overseeing the company today also aren't white.

Something created with racist intent and that only exists due to said racist intent doesn't have that history washed away and shrugged off just because "things are different now." If anything, this situation would result in people accusing Larry Trask of being a secretly self-hating mutant hater who thinks like a human.

And all of this is assuming your conjecture about this Master Mold being created by Larry Trask is accurate.
    What other Trask would have created it? The disposition of Bolivar Trask’s Master Mold is known. It’s toast. Larry Trask’s Master Mold for the Mark II Sentinels was never revealed. That leaves the only possible Master Mold Casandra could have used was the mutant Larry Trask’s Master Mold. We know it was a Trask Master Mold because it needed a Trask to activate it.

Also, saying humans created the Sentinels isn’t quite correct. Yes, Bolivar Trask was a human and he created the Sentinels. But it has been revealed his mutant daughter Tanya helped program the Master Mold secretly. So, mutants were in fact directly involved in creating the Sentinels. Robert Shaw was not the first mutant ro build Sentinels.

Yes, Larry Trask was self hating and apparently Cassandra as well. But they still built Sentinels and Casandra committed the Genoshan genocide. It’s not the case that humans caused the Genoshan genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    i hope they evolve Shiro from some post-world war II trope to a mutant hero.
    Has he made any regular appearances lately, other than the X-Men KiB stuff?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Was ther some information leaked about this book that I don't know about? I know yall not in here getting spicy with each other over a picture of 7 well liked characters being a book. The only real criticism you can really give right now is the line up is a little boring (which is subject to change anyway because theses teams + and - characters all the time.)
    I think there’s a lot more to criticize about the Hickman X books than just the latest team lineup, though I’m sticking with the HiXmen for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Has he made any regular appearances lately, other than the X-Men KiB stuff?
    He has been around as a supporting cast in Uncanny Avengers and Age of X-Man. but it seems he's gotten past his Japanese nationalism, but how did he get passed it?

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    He has been around as a supporting cast in Uncanny Avengers and Age of X-Man. but it seems he's gotten past his Japanese nationalism, but how did he get passed it?
    Go from Japan nationalism to Krakoan nationalism isn't a great evolution. i'm not against him being a proud japanese hero, it is part of his identity and that is fine. What is not fine is imperialist japanese ideas.

He was on avengers representing Japan

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think the problem has always been different writing teams not talking to each other even when they are working on the same event.

There is a reason that Empyre X-Men was so self contained, because there wasn't communication between the writing teams.

I think Hickman and Jordan's current writing team is probably the most communicative group of writers that Marvel has had in a long time. They actually plan the entire X-line to try and make sure they don't contradict each other. But this is a new thing. If you go back to before Hickman, the previous writing team of Taylor, Brieson, Guggenheim, and Rosenberg didn't talk to each other and in some case deliberately contradicted each other's stories. There was obviously some dislike going on, especially between Guggenheim and Taylor, it was pretty obvious with how much they contracted each other.

This is the same with the current writer of FF, he was upset that Marvel was letting the X-line talk about/use Franklin, and the fact that Chip got to write the four issue series using Franklin as a mutant. So he erased Franklin as a mutant so the X-office couldn't use him anymore, because he doesn't want to let anyone use the characters while he is using them.

This is why the Avengers and at the time Ms Marvel didn't rush to Genosha to try and save as many people as possible. Because the Avengers writers and the X-writers weren't being encouraged to work together by the different editors.

Just like there are bad writers, there are also bad editors who treat each line as it's own separate playhouse that interacts as little as possible with the other lines.

To get cohesive story telling, they need to actually have a consistent editorial mandate. It's not like Marvel is the only one with this problem, DC has the exact same issue of different line editors and writers not communicating with each other and not working together.
    This is a fair criticism. But we can't forget how overworked editors and assistant editors are. They have multiple books to take care already, then having to coordenate with other group of books just comlicates things a lot and Screw over creatives.
    Genosha was barely a event on X-men books
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-17-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I think there’s a lot more to criticize about the Hickman X books than just the latest team lineup, though I’m sticking with the HiXmen for now.
    Thats fair but there are plenty of threads for that, I was expecting a little more excitement and wild speculations on future stories. Instead I walked into a battlefield.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Thats fair but there are plenty of threads for that, I was expecting a little more excitement and wild speculations on future stories. Instead I walked into a battlefield.
    I've never known these boards to be gentle. But the team is interesting: very modern and very classic. It does lack the "Oh wow!" factor of, say, Rogue's Supernovas team, but I'm very interested to see what stories this group features.

Also, having seen the whole team makes me really, really wish Tempo won.

Didn't Cassandra kidnap that Trask and force him to reactivate the Master Mold, then promptly murdered
    she didn't kidnap him...or force him to do anything he didn't already want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    a mutant build the weapon that genocided a mutants country.
    What other Trask would have created it? The disposition of Bolivar Trask’s Master Mold is known. It’s toast. Larry Trask’s Master Mold for the Mark II Sentinels was never revealed. That leaves the only possible Master Mold Casandra could have used was the mutant Larry Trask’s Master Mold. We know it was a Trask Master Mold because it needed a Trask to activate it.

Yeah Bolivar...a human lol
    Must be related to Mr. Fantastic cause some of y'all reeeeeeaching
    Also, saying humans created the Sentinels isn’t quite correct. Yes, Bolivar Trask was a human and he created the Sentinels. But it has been revealed his mutant daughter Tanya helped program the Master Mold secretly. So, mutants were in fact directly involved in creating the Sentinels. Robert Shaw was not the first mutant ro build Sentinels.
    Uhhh she programmed them to Hunt the Apocalypse 12 lol Soooo not really.
    Yes, Larry Trask was self hating and apparently Cassandra as well. But they still built Sentinels and Casandra committed the Genoshan genocide. It’s not the case that humans caused the Genoshan genocide.
    Uhh Larry didn't even know he was a Mutant...he created V2 Sentinels cause he thought the X-Men killed his dad but outta Mutant hatred. He even stopped his V2 Sentinels from destroying the world or something. You're erasing his heroic last acts because the facts don't fit your alternate continuity. #smdh
    Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I've never known these boards to be gentle. But the team is interesting: very modern and very classic. It does lack the "Oh wow!" factor of, say, Rogue's Supernovas team, but I'm very interested to see what stories this group features.

Also, having seen the whole team makes me really, really wish Tempo won.
    Dude right!
    Tempo and Synch coulda been the Saweetie and Quavo of comics lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Tony Stark created the O.N.E Sentinels

Also was Dexters Mom from Dexters Laboratory based off Jean Grey?

I dont take anything seriously from Cassandra and the dentist conversation, sh eis clearly manipulating him

I dont take anything seriously from Cassandra and the dentist conversation, sh eis clearly manipulating him
    'Why would she make up something like that? It doesnt look it mattered to the guy anyway
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    she didn't kidnap him...or force him to do anything he didn't already want to do

Yeah Bolivar...a human lol
    Must be related to Mr. Fantastic cause some of y'all reeeeeeaching
    Yeah, Rang10 has this right, she's clearly manipulating him. I know that he goes along with it, but this fool is clearly a simpleton.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

'Why would she make up something like that? It doesnt look it mattered to the guy anyway
    It's a banality of evil situation, she used him by providing him the means to act out his darkest desire. She is instrumental here, even more so than him.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Yeah, Rang10 has this right, she's clearly manipulating him. I know that he goes along with it, but this fool is clearly a simpleton.
    Yeaaaaaaaah Helen Keller could see he's being manipulated. No one is arguing that lol . I mean is he tho? Hes a Dentist.
    It's a banality of evil situation, she used him by providing him the means to act out his darkest desire. She is instrumental here, even more so than him.
    Yeah she showed him the weapon but he pulled the trigger
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think the problem has always been different writing teams not talking to each other even when they are working on the same event.

There is a reason that Empyre X-Men was so self contained, because there wasn't communication between the writing teams.

I think Hickman and Jordan's current writing team is probably the most communicative group of writers that Marvel has had in a long time. They actually plan the entire X-line to try and make sure they don't contradict each other. But this is a new thing. If you go back to before Hickman, the previous writing team of Taylor, Brieson, Guggenheim, and Rosenberg didn't talk to each other and in some case deliberately contradicted each other's stories. There was obviously some dislike going on, especially between Guggenheim and Taylor, it was pretty obvious with how much they contracted each other.

This is the same with the current writer of FF, he was upset that Marvel was letting the X-line talk about/use Franklin, and the fact that Chip got to write the four issue series using Franklin as a mutant. So he erased Franklin as a mutant so the X-office couldn't use him anymore, because he doesn't want to let anyone use the characters while he is using them.

This is why the Avengers and at the time Ms Marvel didn't rush to Genosha to try and save as many people as possible. Because the Avengers writers and the X-writers weren't being encouraged to work together by the different editors.

Just like there are bad writers, there are also bad editors who treat each line as it's own separate playhouse that interacts as little as possible with the other lines.

To get cohesive story telling, they need to actually have a consistent editorial mandate.
    It's not like Marvel is the only one with this problem, DC has the exact same issue of different line editors and writers not communicating with each other and not working together.
    I agree 100%.

Uhh Larry didn't even know he was a Mutant...he created V2 Sentinels cause he thought the X-Men killed his dad but outta Mutant hatred. He even stopped his V2 Sentinels from destroying the world or something.
    Unless some dumb retcon took place, that was my understanding.

Larry died the same way his father did.