Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
really? Explain this to me. I disagree. It is build within the world of the X-Men but everything in it is feeling super fresh. For me it is using what have been established and reinterpret all of it. I love Hickman for it. It really does not feel nostalgic at all.
Compared to the rut the books were in since Decimation, this is a breath of fresh air, but so much of it has been done before. All the big ideas rely on on the taking those old characters, that is the nostalgia part. He can put his own spin on them, but the appeal there is still to see what he does with all these old characters, and even then it is all of those old characters that are getting people in the door to see the show.

That said, I don't think anyone really uses the term nostalgia correctly. It might be fair to call this book predictable, mundane, safe, pedestrian, derivative or stereotyped. But I think it is hard to find much at Marvel that is not 'nostalgic' in some way or another, it is rare to see anyone actually wanting new characters or concepts.