Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Well, I’m sticking with Dawn of X, for now, despite my fears about what it’s doing to some of my favorite Marvel characters, and despite my not necessarily rooting for the X teams. So, some people such as myself are sticking with the books.

Also, Nimrod as portrayed by Hickman is beyond cute. Nimrod “the Lesser” is hysterical!

Is Nimrod really a bad guy in Dawn of X?

We’re talking about Xavier and his various teams having made peace not just with a maniac like Robert Shaw, but real terrorists, serial and mass murderers, like Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, and Mr. Sinister. Then there’s the genocidal, indeed omnicidal would-be tyrant Apocalypse, and his demon children.

Like, Kang would be a nicer ally than Apocalypse. Kang wouldn’t have brought back a bunch of literal demons from an underworld, like Apocalypse did. And the mutants are all together, quite literally running breeding programs to resurrect and hatch all the mutants, giving Apocalypse’s demon children who hate humanity a nice home.

How is that any better than joining a spaceborne, technological, collective consciousness that preserves humanity and human cultures? Remember that while Nimrod was busy being, well, busy, Moira and her mutant allies including Apocalypse conducted a mass-casualty terrorist attack on a religious service, on a temple and a “baptism.” And Nimrod the Lesser is a bad guy? I’ll play along and read along, but I’m not sure I buy it. Heck, the post-humans, transhumans, whatever you want to call them, even arranged for the mutants to live past humanity’s transhuman communion with universal consciousness and singularity. Were the mutants even grateful? No, they decide to destroy the future of humanity, while they’re busy hatching mutant clones of dead people produced by 5 different people, when not busy importing demons to the Earth.

Are we really sure Nimrod’s the baddie? Because I’m not.
    Of course Nimrod is a bad guy, why even question that? He is a advanced sentinel used to hunt mutants, why would he not be a villain?

Nimrod the lesser subjugated the mutants and mass murdered them and continued to hunt. He also killed a human just because he didn't wanted to hear a story.
    So yearh a bad guy.

To read the book and think he is a good guy is a big reach

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Not so sure about Synch, I'll have to re-read the Children of the Vault issues. Fans were saying that they wanted a more diverse team, I would have had Iceman (gay) over Sunfire (japanese) and is Synch there because he is black or because he is Wolverines boyfriend ?.
    Anyways its a very powerful team.
    Synch and Laura arent dating. If anything she is there bc of him. He reieved alot of development in that COV issue which set him up for this position; she did not. He has more experience than everyone on the team

I love the line up. Cyclops, Jean, X-23 and Sunfire are some of my favorite x-characters

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Synch and Laura arent dating. If anything she is there bc of him. He reieved alot of development in that COV issue which set him up for this position; she did not. He has more experience than everyone on the team
    Synch is totally there because of Laura, and he is black, he offers nothing to this team because his powers are similar to Rogues.
    Weak character as well.
    Every X-Men team needs an WOLVERINE.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Synch is totally there because of Laura, and he is black, he offers nothing to this team because his powers are similar to Rogues.
    Weak character as well.
    Why does him being black make him underserving of being on the team? If anything he was guaranteed a spot after just having a big story.

I honestly love the lineup and we all know Larraz is going to deliver amazing art. I just hope characters like Shiro and Synch get the chance to truly shine.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/04/16/ma...july-relaunch/

I'm not mad at it, but think some costume updates are in order.
    Is it me or does that look like Pyro in the art on top instead of Sunfire? I didn't have a chance to read this yet.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

i agree on the costumes. Need new ones. Jeans especially. Actually, I like Synch's.

This team is just so perfect against the vault.

Rogue has already fought the children in Carey run. Brick house. I really really want to see how her and synch powers will work together.
    Synch just spent a centuries in there.
    Laura may not remember but she survived for centuries in there and because of her so did synch.
    Jean- Enough power to anchor any conduit
    Cyclops- The perfect battery for any conduit with his concussive blasts
    Polaris- Perfect against the machinery in the vault though i do think Tempo was the original one and her time power would have really come in handy but who knows the team can defintely handle one more member.
    Sunfire- You always bring an elemental to a battle against robots
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I dig it. It's funny, the X-Men United board game Kickstarter has a lot of talk of characters in the game and their obscurity, and just yesterday got me thinking of Synch and re-reading Lobdell's Gen X lol.

But the roster is cool. No real favorites of mine, save for Rogue, but overall, it's an interesting roster with a nice mix of classics and younger and/or obscure members. And of course, satisfies the "diversity and inclusion" quota that I'm sure Marvel was aiming for.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop

Amazing Member

What book is Hickman going to write moving forward?

Weak character as well.
    Lol, cute! So why are all the white mutants packed on so many other x-teams, cause they're white, or are you going to make another goof statement about how they all have such a unique powerset?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This team is just so perfect against the vault.

Rogue has already fought the children in Carey run. Brick house. I really really want to see how her and synch powers will work together.
    Synch just spent a centuries in there.
    Laura may not remember but she survived for centuries in there and because of her so did synch.
    Jean- Enough power to anchor any conduit
    Cyclops- The perfect battery for any conduit with his concussive blasts
    Polaris- Perfect against the machinery in the vault though i do think Tempo was the original one and her time power would have really come in handy but who knows the team can defintely handle one more member.
    Sunfire- You always bring an elemental to a battle against robots
    Oh wait, are they specifically fighting against the Vault? I missed that, this makes the book x3 more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh wait, are they specifically fighting against the Vault? I missed that, this makes the book x3 more interesting.
    Just speculation. Based on whats happening in main mu and things not getting normal til sept i'm purely speculating from the image and team the first arc is them taking care of the vault before they can be true heros of earth.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    What book is Hickman going to write moving forward?
    Not confirmed yet, but it comes out in September! Weird to think that the line will be moving forward for two months without any Hickman material.