Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
Well, I’m sticking with Dawn of X, for now, despite my fears about what it’s doing to some of my favorite Marvel characters, and despite my not necessarily rooting for the X teams. So, some people such as myself are sticking with the books.

Also, Nimrod as portrayed by Hickman is beyond cute. Nimrod “the Lesser” is hysterical!

Is Nimrod really a bad guy in Dawn of X?

We’re talking about Xavier and his various teams having made peace not just with a maniac like Robert Shaw, but real terrorists, serial and mass murderers, like Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, and Mr. Sinister. Then there’s the genocidal, indeed omnicidal would-be tyrant Apocalypse, and his demon children.

Like, Kang would be a nicer ally than Apocalypse. Kang wouldn’t have brought back a bunch of literal demons from an underworld, like Apocalypse did. And the mutants are all together, quite literally running breeding programs to resurrect and hatch all the mutants, giving Apocalypse’s demon children who hate humanity a nice home.

How is that any better than joining a spaceborne, technological, collective consciousness that preserves humanity and human cultures? Remember that while Nimrod was busy being, well, busy, Moira and her mutant allies including Apocalypse conducted a mass-casualty terrorist attack on a religious service, on a temple and a “baptism.” And Nimrod the Lesser is a bad guy? I’ll play along and read along, but I’m not sure I buy it. Heck, the post-humans, transhumans, whatever you want to call them, even arranged for the mutants to live past humanity’s transhuman communion with universal consciousness and singularity. Were the mutants even grateful? No, they decide to destroy the future of humanity, while they’re busy hatching mutant clones of dead people produced by 5 different people, when not busy importing demons to the Earth.

Are we really sure Nimrod’s the baddie? Because I’m not.
Of course Nimrod is a bad guy, why even question that? He is a advanced sentinel used to hunt mutants, why would he not be a villain?

Nimrod the lesser subjugated the mutants and mass murdered them and continued to hunt. He also killed a human just because he didn't wanted to hear a story.
So yearh a bad guy.

To read the book and think he is a good guy is a big reach