Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I actually like the green dress look. I think it needs a bit of modernization, but it’s simple and I like it. If she dropped the “Girl” and just went by Marvel do you think that’d be too corny? I mean, if this were still the golden age she could change to Marvel-Lass (a play on marvelous) ��
    I think that would be a pain from a marketing and searching standpoint. Marvel Girl distinguishes her in a way that simply Marvel never will

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I prefer the SWORD team. Perhaps some of the others could be added? As long as they don't crowd the SWORD members out.
    That would leave us with the mystery of what Hickman is going to write.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I like all the characters here, however I do not think this team gels very well on first glance I feel like something is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I like all the characters here, however I do not think this team gels very well on first glance I feel like something is missing.
    They need a villain. The closest thing is Sunfire and he's just a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I think everyone here gels well except for Sunfire as the outlier but honestly his abrasive personality is whats needed to spice up the dynamic. We dont really have a whole lot of him interacting with the rest other than Rogue. I really like this team bc there are so many new (and dormant) relationships primed to be explored and developed here. Laura and Rogue, Polaris and Scott, Jean and Sunfire, Synch and everyone. Im pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think everyone here gels well except for Sunfire as the outlier but honestly his abrasive personality is whats needed to spice up the dynamic. We dont really have a whole lot of him interacting with the rest other than Rogue. I really like this team bc there are so many new (and dormant) relationships primed to be explored and developed here. Laura and Rogue, Polaris and Scott, Jean and Sunfire, Synch and everyone. Im pumped!
    100% this - I also am pumped for this!
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I just realized how Banshee would fit right in with this group. He used to be Synch's mentor and he was Sunfire's colleague in the ANAD era.
    Not that I'm sad Polaris is joining. She actually makes more sense than having 2 people with such similar powers like Rogue and Synch.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Meh. Synch and Sunfire are the most interesting choices, but also the most unlikely to have actually received any votes from the people of Krakoa. If nothing else at least there will be very pretty art. Hate Lorna's new costume.

Fantastic Member

hopefully this isnt the final roster and still surprises left think really needed a villian type on the team and hopefully CABLE joins up as ive said before big plans for og cable maybe there waiting till the solo book finsihes as to not spoil things

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Meh. Synch and Sunfire are the most interesting choices, but also the most unlikely to have actually received any votes from the people of Krakoa. If nothing else at least there will be very pretty art. Hate Lorna's new costume.
    I thought that too at first but I feel like the creatives have actually built key events to celebrate them each, allbeit off panel (thus fur).
    Sunfire was instrumental in the King in Black tie in, IIRC, and likely heavily appreciated for his contribution there, whereas Synch's triumphant return from the infamous VAULT with all the "hail the conquering hero" that comes with that? I imagine there is so much that goes on between the panels they could reveal eventually to justify their vote count.

Mighty Member

I’m here for this. I hope this means Rogue will be leaving Excalibur where she’s done nothing (take Gambit with you).

I like this line up. I would have never thought of it. Interested to Synch and Wolverine interaction.

Astonishing Member

Seems like a good team setup in terms of powers and abilities. Now they just need an actualy good story with them. Otherwise this team will just end up another footnote.

Also someone finaly get Jean a proper costume again, i still don't get why they the X-men editorial and/or writing staff seems so keen on putting her in an outfit 40 years out of date.

not really feeling the line up...sorry. what is the dynamic between those characters? it feels extremely arbitrary. Just some X-Men.

Duggan's work was also quite mediocre so far. I don't have a lot of hope for this comicbook. Sorry, for raining on some parades...

Love to see Synch though!!! I also love to see Rogue back in her 90s costume and attitude and powerset?

Storm and Nightcrawler should be here too...I miss them dearly already.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    not really feeling the line up...sorry. what is the dynamic between those characters? it feels extremely arbitrary. Just some X-Men.
    Do you want me to make you a map? I'm not doing that work for you, but there quite a few relationships between these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Do you want me to make you a map? I'm not doing that work for you, but there quite a few relationships between these characters.
    and what is an interesting one? Synch and Laura maybe. Everything else BLAH!