Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Outside of Rogue I don’t know how I feel about this team. I like Cyclops, Jean, and Laura. So that’s 4 good characters. I liked Synch in Gen X but I’m not sold on this version. Sunfire is meh. The Gold Roster by Guggenheim was about as perfect as an X Team can get for me.

Great lineup.
    I'm glad Duggan will write Rogue again and hopefully when Cable returns he will join the team too.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I like this! I still feel like the vote would've been better suited to Banshee but this is more than fine. Exciting.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So this new series is also called X-men whats going to happen to the one written by Hickman isnt it also called X-men?
    neverminded i read the article looks like Hickman is probably doing something else then
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So this new series is also called X-men whats going to happen to the one written by Hickman isnt it also called X-men?
    X-Men #21 is the final issue.

Hickman has something slated for September.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I like the team and line up. should be a fun book
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So what time to the rest of the July solicits drop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That’s probably why they put him on the team... to explore it.
    From the rumours going around the xmen is going to be a rotating roster, and each member Is going to have an issue dedicated to them. I do not know how they can masterfully unpack sunfire and his baggage but oh well we will see.

So glad for Rogue. This is the exactly right fit for her. She's saved from Excalibur. Alleluia!

But I'm so very frustrated that Gambit is being left behind and with a writer that just doesn't get him.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    X-Men #21 is the final issue.

Hickman has something slated for September.
    understandable. I only have been reading x-men xforce and wolverine. How many books are there now?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I could not be happier. I"ll be at the comic shop at opening on July 7th! My man Synch made the big team! And Larraz on a monthly-I can't fucking wait!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    Happy that Rogue and Sunfire are on the team. I wonder if Sunfire got the vote due to being the Krakoan sun in King in Back?

Out of curiosity, has it been confirmed characters would be leaving their respective books i.e. Polaris in X-factor and Rogue in Excalibur? I do not see why they have to lose their jobs to be an x-men(though not upset if Rogue leaves Excalibur), however it would be better if they appear one book because a less used character could take their place in the other and shine.
    Leah did say polaris if she wins the vote will be leaving the team only appearing in cameos. That's why she was against the vote for lorna campaings and said she regretted adding her name to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Leah did say polaris if she wins the vote will be leaving the team only appearing in cameos. That's why she was against the vote for lorna campaings and said she regretted adding her name to the list.
    Leah honestly played herself thinking her most well-known cast member wouldn’t win. I’m wondering if Tini will do SOMETHING with Rogue before she leaves.

Does anyone know when Hickman’s lineup will be revealed? I do hope it’ll be led by Ororo Storm since she’s making her exit from Marauders soon. She is overdue to resume her leadership post.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Like I said, Storm is most likely in a Hickman comic with cosmic elements.

Maybe even with temporal elements if we add Old Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Oh OK, did not hear that. Thanks for the information! It must suck for Leah because her Lorna was figuring things out only to be thrust into the position of X-Man. Hopefully we get some resolution here.

In my mind, I imagined that this X-Men team needed to be a team which could face off against the Avengers in equal battle i.e. Extinction team style, which is why I feel slightly underwhelmed at the team. At the same time, I recognise they are a group of very powerful mutants here and do look forward to being proven wrong.