Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The answer is to stop introducing new mutants when there are plenty who aren't being used, not flooding the market with more and more books.
    Agreed on no need for new mutants when waaay too many are still in limbo.

I disagree on the more books.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Thunderbird would have been a cool addition.I'm disappointed they didn't make a big deal out of his return and allowed him to be drawn as a minor cameo in that X-force splashpage.
    Ohhh that would've been a really interesting addition. I love the idea! I agree he deserved more fanfare, at least from James who we've seen around New Mutants.

I think he and Shiro plus rogue when the whimsy strikes her would probably give Scott a headache on this team, so it would be fun.

Also it would fun to see someone who died during the early history of the X-Men, now see how far the mutants have grown. It'd provide a cool dynamic I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Agreed on no need for new mutants when waaay too many are still in limbo.

I disagree on the more books.
    I don't know, I don't see how it doesn't come back to bite them in the butt.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I wonder how long before they try to hook up Synch with Laura?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm very excited for this. Probably my favorite lineup in awhile. Particularly happy to see Lorna elevated to the big leagues.

Disappointed that it's only temporary though. A year isn't very long, and I'm worried it won't allow Duggan to dig as deep as I'd like him to. A lot of questions as to how all of this will play out. Will everyone leave the team outside of Scott and Jean? Will some stay? Hopefully we'll find out more about how all of this will work soon.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Not sure I get the whole yearly roster change. Wouldn't that be 2-3 months in Marvel time? Showing off mutant fashion aside, what's the point of making such a big deal out of the election?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Not sure I get the whole yearly roster change. Wouldn't that be 2-3 months in Marvel time? Showing off mutant fashion aside, what's the point of making such a big deal out of the election?
    I don't think there is one, I still think the Gala should've been just an oversized one-shot. I'm not convinced this is necessary and I don't get the fashion thing, most of these costumes look terrible.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah the sliding timeline makes "yearly" very complicated. I suppose it could just mean "whenever the **** we feel like changing the team"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm very excited for this. Probably my favorite lineup in awhile. Particularly happy to see Lorna elevated to the big leagues.

Disappointed that it's only temporary though. A year isn't very long, and I'm worried it won't allow Duggan to dig as deep as I'd like him to. A lot of questions as to how all of this will play out. Will everyone leave the team outside of Scott and Jean? Will some stay? Hopefully we'll find out more about how all of this will work soon.
    Regardless of the election its basically a test case moment for Lorna on if the character has the weight to interact with the big dogs.

Lorna today could depending on the motivation and persona of the version. If she has a motivation, and has built in conflict and tension with them we will see her interact with them from time to time on and off. If not she won't be for quite awhile after. Lorna can't be a character who is just around like she has been on some past runs.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-21-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah the sliding timeline makes "yearly" very complicated. I suppose it could just mean "whenever the **** we feel like changing the team"
    For me it looks like a 12 issues and then rotate the team. Anyway the pace of 12 issues is very slow to feel like a year

I'm hoping that Lorna getting on the team due to winning the vote will lead to more work done in looking at her history/past development to guide depiction of her, and a bigger role on the book itself than simply being around. People voted for her cause they want to see her meaningfully involved, after all. I think it would look bad for Marvel to do this big vote and then nothing ever really happens with her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Actually, a point of order: is the Gala being yearly mentioned in the actual comic or by the writers? Because it being a yearly event IRL doesn't necessarily mean it's yearly in universe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The answer is to stop introducing new mutants when there are plenty who aren't being used, not flooding the market with more and more books.
    Actually Hickman DID order that according to Leah.

Mind you this was before Children of the Atom. So if that order was still in place-those kids are not mutants or they are mutants-who use to be someone else. We don't know everyone from Miles's Universe that came over.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Actually Hickman DID order that according to Leah.

Mind you this was before Children of the Atom. So if that order was still in place-those kids are not mutants or they are mutants-who use to be someone else. We don't know everyone from Miles's Universe that came over.
    Im not sure there ever was an actual order in place bc I recall Hickman saying that as well when HOX was coming out yet he introduced several new X-kids in his book, whom Vita is now playing with. Maraurders also introduced new characters

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Thunderbird would have been a cool addition.I'm disappointed they didn't make a big deal out of his return and allowed him to be drawn as a minor cameo in that X-force splashpage.
    Yeah, if he is really back, I would consider this the single biggest missed opportunity of this era. Thunderbird brought an interesting dynamic to the all-new, all-different team and I would love to see him meet all the later additions to the X-Men and react to how the teammates he was so briefly a friend of went on to make history and legend after his death. So many interesting potential interactions between Thunderbird and the current X-Men after being dead so long. Far more interesting than Vulcan and the other Deadly Genesis team for me personally.