Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It looked like a diversity quota to fill: get ne black person and one asian. I expected more diversity.
    Hmmm I see what you mean. I try not to jump to conclusions because I understand it can be hard to balance these flagship teams when it comes to recognizability, powersets, and representation. Guess we’ll see how Duggan does in July.

Knowing Duggan this is likely just going to turn into stealth Solo's for Jean & probably Rogue with sprinkles of plot for the others along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Knowing Duggan this is likely just going to turn into stealth Solo's for Jean & probably Rogue with sprinkles of plot for the others along the way.
    You switched the names here

Knowing Duggan this is likely just going to turn into stealth Solo's for Rogue with sprinkles of plot for the others along the way.

Fixed

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Gimme that Wolvie & Synch making googly eyes at each other, I am here for it!

But I totally forgot we aren't getting a Hickman book until September

BANNED

Hickman wasted almost more than half of his run to do other writers laundry work. Tini Howard, Duggan or even Spurrier. It's is rather sad really bc Duggan seized Hicks run with the relaunch. Is he actually the Head of X?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Hickman wasted almost more than half of his run to do other writers laundry work. Tini Howard, Duggan or even Spurrier. It's is rather sad really bc Duggan seized Hicks run with the relaunch. Is he actually the Head of X?
    He’s definitely the head of x still, he just didn’t want to be bothered writing a character focused book most likely.

Astonishing Member

Novel concept I know but maybe Hickman wasn't interested in writing a traditional superhero comic. And preferred the other writers doing it in their own books.

Not sure how he "wasted" his own run.

I love that team but if I'm honest if I'm Hickman that is the last team I want to write. If I'm any writer that may be kind of sensitive. First the Polaris fans that are rightfully expecting and deserve her shine, jean fans, Laura fans, Scott fans, some who would not want him emasculated by jean in their mind. Lack of diversity. I mean it's rare going into a book where the rogue amd.synch fans are the happiest people. I:m sweating thinking about it.

And I say synch because it's been so long you don't know what his fans expect. Where will the happy to see him tipping point reach and become okay we expect more.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I feel the same exact way

Head of X. It's really funny that they gonna release a omnibus of Hickman's run on X-men, a bunch of unfocused issues with a crossover happening on the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Hmmm I see what you mean. I try not to jump to conclusions because I understand it can be hard to balance these flagship teams when it comes to recognizability, powersets, and representation. Guess we’ll see how Duggan does in July.
    His marauders is basically diversity quota + tokenism the book
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-16-2021 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Novel concept I know but maybe Hickman wasn't interested in writing a traditional superhero comic. And preferred the other writers doing it in their own books.

Not sure how he "wasted" his own run.
    Does his run truly stand on its own? I don't think it does so, not well, and that's how he wasted his run. Assuming his next book isn't Uncanny X-Men, his one crack at a flagship X-Book will have been lackluster.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Does his run truly stand on its own? I don't think it does so, not well, and that's how he wasted his run. Assuming his next book isn't Uncanny X-Men, his one crack at a flagship X-Book will have been lackluster.
    I'm not sure how it doesn't stand on its own. Does his run succeed in laying the foundation for his Krakoa era? I think it does. Since the very first issue Hickman has used his X-men title to either expand upon or introduce new concepts integral to the framework of his story.

It's understandable to be disappointed that Hickman didn't write a traditional superhero team book but like I said that wasn't the book he was interested in writing and that doesn't mean his run "failed".

Fantastic Member

Gabby and Gambit better make a lot of cameos!

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Look at the omnibus listing of issues:

COLLECTING: X-Men (2019) 1-11, 16-21; Giant-Size X-Men: Jean Grey And Emma Frost (2020) 1; Giant-Size X-Men: Nightcrawler (2020) 1; Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto (2020) 1; Giant-Size X-Men: Fantomex (2020) 1; Giant-Size X-Men: Storm (2020) 1; material from Incoming (2019)

They simply leave out important issue because it is on a crossover. Nothing really impressing on these issues

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Look at the omnibus listing of issues:

COLLECTING: X-Men (2019) 1-11, 16-21; Giant-Size X-Men: Jean Grey And Emma Frost (2020) 1; Giant-Size X-Men: Nightcrawler (2020) 1; Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto (2020) 1; Giant-Size X-Men: Fantomex (2020) 1; Giant-Size X-Men: Storm (2020) 1; material from Incoming (2019)

They simply leave out important issue because it is on a crossover. Nothing really impressing on these issues
    Uhh that's actually quite impressive.