Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Awesome breakdown of the team dynamics. Honestly got me more excited for the book.

On an unrelated note, do you all think they needed to relaunch the title for this?
    No, but Marvel never misses an opportunity to make a #1 that sells a lot.

I’m a big fan of the line up. I do hope we get some new costumes. Also have Sunfire and Laura ever interacted before? I’m excited for that dynamic.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Awesome breakdown of the team dynamics. Honestly got me more excited for the book.

On an unrelated note, do you all think they needed to relaunch the title for this?
    Because they need better sales

I’m also very excited that Duggan said “in the inaugural year” about this team. I really dig the idea of a rotating cast.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Amazing Member

Hate that it took so long that its no longer as “major” but we finally have a Black male and an Asian male on the leading team, it has been a while since we’ve seen that. I hope they each receive the development they need to elevate them the way Magik, X-23 etc have been elevated to A List in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Definitely hoping that we get the old soul, edgy wiser Synch from The Vault. Like another poster implied, we should honestly see a Synch with so much more depth.
    What I’d really love to see is Synch get experience leading so he can eventually become a candidate in future “who besides Scott and Ororo are the go-to leaders” polls. I got big headcanon plans for Ev. He’s surrounded by experienced leaders so I see that as his next evolution.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Well Bishop is a experienced leader

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Because they need better sales
    Do you think Marvel views the HiXmen and assorted X titles under the HiXmen line as underperforming?

I haven’t dropped it, yet. I thought House of X, and Powers of X, were interesting, though I didn’t love them.

I loved Hickman’s portrayal of Nimrod. He didn’t even seem like that bad a chap.

It was a good launch for all the series.

X of Swords basically stunk. Sorry, fellow X fans, it did.

X-Men and New Mutants have had their moments, but overall I find myself struggling to recognize these characters, which makes me think Hickman is struggling to write and basically edit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Do you think Marvel views the HiXmen and assorted X titles under the HiXmen line as underperforming?

I haven’t dropped it, yet. I thought House of X, and Powers of X, were interesting, though I didn’t love them.

I loved Hickman’s portrayal of Nimrod. He didn’t even seem like that bad a chap.

It was a good launch for all the series.

X of Swords basically stunk. Sorry, fellow X fans, it did.

X-Men and New Mutants have had their moments, but overall I find myself struggling to recognize these characters, which makes me think Hickman is struggling to write and basically edit them.
    YES, the line is underperforming. How much is harder to know, but on charts is constantly losing to many books. Mrvel didn't hired Hickman to do Bendis or Rosenberg numbers

Nimrod is really bad, just because he is cute doesn't mean he is not a mass murder.

At thispoint I'm just looking how much damage he is doing to these characters

I apologize if this was already answered, but what is the current status of Rogue's powers? Did she lose the Marvel/Wonder Man powers and does she still drain them by touch, and in the process get their memories and harm them?

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Bit View Post
    I apologize if this was already answered, but what is the current status of Rogue's powers? Did she lose the Marvel/Wonder Man powers and does she still drain them by touch, and in the process get their memories and harm them?
    I’m think Remy and Magneto would want to know this, too, LOL!!!

Amazing Member

Such a wasted opportunity to develop a blank canvass like Tempo (a minority with unique & interesting powers, just so the fandom giving Lorna another millionth chance to make her interesting. It’s unfortunate, hopefully they will at least add her in as well

Mighty Member

I like it but I do hope they are saving room for one more low profile character.

Cyclops and Jean make sense as the leads obviously.

Wolverine and Synch make sense cause of their storyline.

Polaris won the fan vote.

So Sunfire and Rogue are the surprising ones to me. Rogue seems a bit redundant in there with Polaris and Jean already being part of the team, but Duggan did write her really well in Uncanny Avengers. Duggan probably got to pick one character and chose her. This I great news for Rogue fans. Sunfire seems a bit odd too but there's lots of history to explore there and he is a minority.

For some reason, I think Tempo might be really good on this team. I like the idea of Iceman being on here too for queer rep but I think it should be given to a more minor character. Plus Duggan is writing him anyway and might have him guest start on here anyway. Maybe Anole?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    YES, the line is underperforming. How much is harder to know, but on charts is constantly losing to many books. Mrvel didn't hired Hickman to do Bendis or Rosenberg numbers

Nimrod is really bad, just because he is cute doesn't mean he is not a mass murder.

At thispoint I'm just looking how much damage he is doing to these characters
    Well, I’m sticking with Dawn of X, for now, despite my fears about what it’s doing to some of my favorite Marvel characters, and despite my not necessarily rooting for the X teams. So, some people such as myself are sticking with the books.

Also, Nimrod as portrayed by Hickman is beyond cute. Nimrod “the Lesser” is hysterical!

Is Nimrod really a bad guy in Dawn of X?

We’re talking about Xavier and his various teams having made peace not just with a maniac like Robert Shaw, but real terrorists, serial and mass murderers, like Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, and Mr. Sinister. Then there’s the genocidal, indeed omnicidal would-be tyrant Apocalypse, and his demon children.

Like, Kang would be a nicer ally than Apocalypse. Kang wouldn’t have brought back a bunch of literal demons from an underworld, like Apocalypse did. And the mutants are all together, quite literally running breeding programs to resurrect and hatch all the mutants, giving Apocalypse’s demon children who hate humanity a nice home.

How is that any better than joining a spaceborne, technological, collective consciousness that preserves humanity and human cultures? Remember that while Nimrod was busy being, well, busy, Moira and her mutant allies including Apocalypse conducted a mass-casualty terrorist attack on a religious service, on a temple and a “baptism.” And Nimrod the Lesser is a bad guy? I’ll play along and read along, but I’m not sure I buy it. Heck, the post-humans, transhumans, whatever you want to call them, even arranged for the mutants to live past humanity’s transhuman communion with universal consciousness and singularity. Were the mutants even grateful? No, they decide to destroy the future of humanity, while they’re busy hatching mutant clones of dead people produced by 5 different people, when not busy importing demons to the Earth.

Are we really sure Nimrod’s the baddie? Because I’m not.
    Last edited by Brian B; 04-16-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Not so sure about Synch, I'll have to re-read the Children of the Vault issues. Fans were saying that they wanted a more diverse team, I would have had Iceman (gay) over Sunfire (japanese) and is Synch there because he is black or because he is Wolverines boyfriend ?.
    Anyways its a very powerful team.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)