Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Yep, very just OK roster. I dont think we needed both Synch and Rogue on the same line-up
    Eh, I disagree. Synch is able to copy powers without harming or weakening anyone while Rogue is more... vampiric in her absorption. I never liked Carey's interpretation that Rogue could "borrow" a power without a real cost, even if she didn't intend to harm the person she was absorbing they should at least not be functioning at 100%.

Anyway this is a moot point, since there is overlap between Jean and Lorna, Scott and Shiro, etc... if you want to get technical. Just because there is some overlap doesn't mean the powers act in the same way.

I actually really like that they are one the same time, it allows Duggan to show their specializations and differences in a clear way.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Duggan rescues Rogue! I loved how he wrote her in Uncanny Avengers. The team is good, would've liked maybe a couple more obscure choices but I'll be buying it regardless.
    Really happy for Rogue and her fans.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is awesome and no one else can pull it off.
    Lies, it is awful and deadpool wore it better

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Finally! So excited to see Laura and Rogue on this book!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Eh, I disagree. Synch is able to copy powers without harming or weakening anyone while Rogue is more... vampiric in her absorption. I never liked Carey's interpretation that Rogue could "borrow" a power without a real cost, even if she didn't intend to harm the person she was absorbing they should at least not be functioning at 100%.

Anyway this is a moot point, since there is overlap between Jean and Lorna, Scott and Shiro, etc... if you want to get technical. Just because there is some overlap doesn't mean the powers act in the same way.

I actually really like that they are one the same time, it allows Duggan to show their specializations and differences in a clear way.
    Jean and Lorna doesn't overlap, nor Shiro and Scott.
    I still want to know why a japanese nationalist is doing on Krakoa

Not very impressed with this lineup. It isn’t that I don’t like the team, but I was hoping for at least 2 members that having never been affiliated with the X-men before. Oh well. What a wasted opportunity to have brand new individual costumes that are complementary to each other for a while new team look! I am so sick of that Marvelgirl dress! Jean deserves better! And Rogue: I love her 90’s outfit but not for this new team. Everyone on this team should have gotten a new costume!

BANNED

Larraz drawing Rogue, Synch, Wolverine and Sunfire is great.

Hopefully come cameos from Gambit and some other Generation Xers.

Hope Synch and laura find that spark again from the vault.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Jean's costume is great, and that's her second-best one.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Jean's costume is great, and that's her second-best one.
    Plus, the article still calls Jean "Marvel Girl" and that was her last Marvel Girl costume, where she was the most powerful prior to becoming Phoenix.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

YES!!!! I LOVE this team.
    *ducking out before the barrage of IHATEJEAN'S DRESS!!! complaints start pouring in. Readers can never be happy.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Jean and Lorna doesn't overlap, nor Shiro and Scott.
    I still want to know why a japanese nationalist is doing on Krakoa
    Jean's TK and Lorna's ability to manipulate metal do share some overlap. They both move objects around with their minds superficially speaking. In the same vien, Shiro and Cyclops are characters that fire out red and yellow energy to overwhelm their enemies.

Note that I don't actually think either the pairings above are all that similar, I'm making a point that just because Everett and Rogue both can on the surface mimic powers doesn't mean they really work the same way.

BANNED

I'll give it a chance, but if this starts to go the way of ANXM with Laura only existing to be written in a badly forced romance I'm out.

The team is ok, but their look is pretty blah. No new costumes besides Polaris?
    Jean still looks terrible and Laura and Synch's are too generic. Plus between them, Rogue and Jean, there's so much yellow that they could be the New Mutants.

I love the outfit to Lorna... She's beautiful. Rogue is too basic! Or not?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

This team blows ass. I thought it was supposed to be a team of Mutants that represented mutantkind from different corners of their world. At least we were hoping for a larger roster. Like, Mutant Avengers basically with interchangeable members. But yeah, it’s just overlapping powersets and Sunfire. The costumes are boring, the illustration is super super hero-y, it seems like a wasted opportunity to continue to shake things up. It’s more of a regression. And aren’t Jean and Scott just supposed to be supplemental support roles ala Professor X, instead of actual full time members? These are the mutants the Krakoans VOTED into these positions?? I’ll pass. Boring as hell, gorl.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 04-16-2021 at 08:48 AM.