Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yep, this is definitely gonna happen, Marvel can't help themselves.
    It just seems like they are experimenting with characters rather than telling a story. Not saying this is a good thing.
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-16-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    and no one is clamouring to write her now. Where she at? oh the vault with no memories but time will tell. no need for me to repeat myself. you saw the team. it's sad people trying to pit laura against synch. i like laura but it's like come on. so i'm just going to let this one play out. A boyfriend where she was trying to kill herself and Julian but synch the problem. lol
    Lol, fam we know what that really is! Some sheep have such deep conditioning, they don't even know why they seem to have issues with melaninated males in any capacity.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'd be much more interested in a mutant civil war than World War X, which feels like something too tempting to not do

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    But why would you even imply this? You could have just as easily said that Rogue was redundant especially because she was already on a team book (albeit not a great one and I'm glad that she's free).

I'm not twisting anyone's words. You're the one who connected his placement on his team to race and not Duggan actually wanting to write the character. Which he does based on his tweets. https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...90307890614276
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I implied this because Rogue is a very popular character and is a no brainer for selection, Synch is a nobody, I would have much preferred Bishop as Storm is unavailable, anyways.
    Synch was just added to continue his relationship with Laura.
    At the very, very least, the way it was phrased in the original post was phrased extremely poorly. It's phrased in a way that reads at best like randomly mentioning something completely unrelated, at worst like being Black is somehow a mark against the character. So if nothing else, it's a good example of the need to be careful about what and how certain things are mentioned.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

A yes the endless X-fandom ritual of insinuating people who don't like (insert storyline, plot element, application of the "mutant metaphor", or character here) must be a bigot. It's why I came here because it's all X-Twitter ever does

BANNED

lol racist X-Men fans. One of the internet's most confounding oxymorons.

He's black and he's on the team. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Absolutely.

Yall are so dramatic lmao.

Hickman is just a guy.
    This right here Hickman is just a dude & frankly y'all hype him up way too much most of his work has been hit or miss for the last 2 years.

Damn we really do havea bunch of debbie downers for a title that doesn't come out for a few more months.

But eh its what xmen fans are known for yay

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Damn we really do havea bunch of debbie downers for a title that doesn't come out for a few more months.

But eh its what xmen fans are known for yay
    It's not as if people refuse to get hyped about things. People loved HoxPox.

This team doesn't inspire.

I'm sold on this line-up...happy it's not the usual crutch of the original 5 or the Giant-Sized crew. Happy to see Polaris and especially Sunfire onboard (hoping his costume is his original one and not some Age of Apocalypse garbage). This'll be the first X-book I pick up since Hickman took the reins.

Mighty Member

The members I like on the new X-Men team
    Scott
    Jean
    Polaris
    Rogue

The members that is neutral for me
    Sunfire

The members that I don't like
    Copycat 'Wolverine' should be replaced with the real Wolverine.
    Synch should be replaced with Banshee. (the runner-up of the voting election)
    Last edited by ericng; 04-17-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's not as if people refuse to get hyped about things. People loved HoxPox.

This team doesn't inspire.
    Why should it when that's not it's primary purpose?

Mighty Member

I may not be african american but I'm aboriginal so I'm black, stop twisting my words, I said his powers add nothing to the team as Rogue is there and that he was only chosen because of either his colour or because of his relationship to Laura.
    I agree with you.

It seems that they wanted one black person (Synch) on the X-Men team since Storm couldn't make it because she's on the Quiet Council.

Most relationship don't last in Marvel, so his relationship with Laura ain't the reason, Laura can be paired with other people.

Then they also wanted one Asian X-Man which would be Sunfire instead of Iceman.
    Last edited by ericng; 04-17-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Let's just hope the author can make something out of this bland team roster....

...Storm or M should be here!

Everybody is so intrigued by the basicness of the character selection that nobody speaks about those weird space monkeys. lol

maybe Duggan was only allowed to use the characters all the other writers do not want to write?
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-17-2021 at 12:24 AM.

I implied this because Rogue is a very popular character and is a no brainer for selection, Synch is a nobody, I would have much preferred Bishop as Storm is unavailable, anyways.
    Synch was just added to continue his relationship with Laura.
    This is the absolute perfect post. Rogue is a popular character, Bishop and Storm is the only two "popular" black characters therefore they should have been used. If you don't use a character how do they become popular? Let's keep putting the popular characters in the biggest stories with the best artist and never let the smaller characters get that chance. It is self-fulling prophecy of the X-men franchise you have to put popular characters in the book. But if you never get in the biggest books and used in biggest events you never become popular.

If Gerry Duggan does a good job with book itself and Synch and Sunfire what will Synch and Sunfire be at the end of the run? A POPULAR CHARACTER.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I agree with you.

It seems that they wanted one black person (Synch) on the X-Men team since Storm couldn't make it because she's on the Quiet Council.

Most relationship don't last in Marvel, so his relationship with Laura ain't the reason, Laura can be paired with other people.

Then they also wanted one Asian X-Man which would be Sunfire instead of Iceman.
    You want Cyclops, Jean Grey, Laura, Polaris, Rogue.. Replace Sunfire with Iceman...Replace Synch with Banshee. The vaunted accidentally not forced in any way all white X-men team.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-17-2021 at 12:44 AM.