Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Well, Rosenberg did assemble a group of rarely used X-Men under Cyke, how did that turn out? It was a flop in terms of sales.

I can tell Cap here is one of those times they basically trace a real persons face to "cast" them in the comic (like how for a bit they clearly just used pictures of Tommy Lee Jones for Norman Osborn) but I can't place the face. Rocky era Dolph Lundgren?

Astonishing Member

Sunfire? Really? I'm surprised he's even involved in the whole Krakoa thing. His homeland of Japan always seemed to be his first and only love.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Sunfire? Really? I'm surprised he's even involved in the whole Krakoa thing. His homeland of Japan always seemed to be his first and only love.
    That sounds like something someone says to a lay when they don't think they have any other options. He is Krakoa's sun now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Well you know this new era has everyone loving & willing to die for Krakoa without much exposition on their past feelings even old grudges just get washed away for the New Era!

Well, Rosenberg did assemble a group of rarely used X-Men under Cyke, how did that turn out? It was a flop in terms of sales.
    It start well then it had middle to average sales, but nothing can take from that run because hardcore fans absolutely hate the premise. It was Rosenberg killing off a bunch of characters knowing that Hickman run was coming. I am going to just stop there because the rest of my comments would be petty.

Do people not change and grow? I always love when people go Wolverine is a gruff loner who does not like leadership. When his story tells us he has been on every single superhero team possible, always reach out to help young characters and he took over Xavier school for a while. Anyways Sunfire can change his overall thinking, Maybe Sunfire loves the homeland that loves him back. Imagine being the face of a place that never truly appreciated you and now you have a place that 100% supports you for who you are.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-17-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Pfft, pre-Hickman characterization doesn't count, remember? The new status quo is the way the characters have always been, and any previous runs contradicting it were wrong and bad and need to be forgotten in order for this story to work.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I can tell Cap here is one of those times they basically trace a real persons face to "cast" them in the comic (like how for a bit they clearly just used pictures of Tommy Lee Jones for Norman Osborn) but I can't place the face. Rocky era Dolph Lundgren?
    He looks a lot like Chris Evans

Last edited by ericng; 04-17-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well you know this new era has everyone loving & willing to die for Krakoa without much exposition on their past feelings even old grudges just get washed away for the New Era!
    There is a scene that addresses this in COTA #2 where depowered mutants gave their view and skepticism on Krakoa's forgive all policy, finding it unbelievable.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

He looks a lot like Chris Evans

Ehhh the hair yes, but the face doesn't really look like his, especially the jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There is a scene that addresses this in COTA #2 where depowered mutants gave their view and skepticism on Krakoa's forgive all policy, finding it unbelievable.
    It would be hillarious if the book about what appears to be humans pretending to be X-Men remembers what the X-Men were like more than the actual X-titles up till now.

Mighty Member

Not a bad team. I'm in no way excited for Synch, I always found him as boring as dish water, but sunfire is dope and Duggan writes a cool Rogue.

Why does Jean still have that atrocious outfit. It's been 2 years, and it's still hot garbage.

That's a false analogy. that book was theree because most the xmen were gone and Hickman was on the way. Not to mention did you actually read that run? Who wants to watch mutants getting killed in the most vile ways. Rahne anyone. I mean people do have taste i assume.

Oh yeah i forgot some are clamoring for those days.
    Most people are going to have a hard time investing in a known placeholder that will cease to matter the moment the final issue hits the stands.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

That sounds like something someone says to a lay when they don't think they have any other options. He is Krakoa's sun now.
    He's the sun? [Sigh] I can't keep up with all this. This franchise is too damn big. Is this how '80s X-Men fans felt in the '90s?

Maybe I was just hoping that he wasn't on board with Krakoa because the whole thing still seems weird and suspect to me. Having at least a few mutants who are like "I'm fine not moving to your magic island" would make it seem a little more believable.

He's the sun? [Sigh] I can't keep up with all this. This franchise is too damn big. Is this how '80s X-Men fans felt in the '90s?

Maybe I was just hoping that he wasn't on board with Krakoa because the whole thing still seems weird and suspect to me. Having at least a few mutants who are like "I'm fine not moving to your magic island" would make it seem a little more believable.
    In the fight against knull and the dragons he played a big part and basically when krkoa was in complete darkness he burned bright and became it's "sun". So it's no suprise he is on the xmen to me. As far as the other part i believe it. If someone came to me and told me i could go to a paradise and get away from the haters who hate for no reason i would at least investigate.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Well Beak was like that in New Mutants until Armor & Glob caused mutant haters to show up at their home destroy it put their kids at gunpoint I think get his parents murdered then creepy French Children brainwashed him & his family into being Krakoa Stans so they moved to the island.