Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Very few humans did that. They were abandoned and Cassandra used them to genocide.

Having guns and not murdering someone isn't a crime in some countries. This is the same situation, if someone stole them and commit a crime it is not the owner's fault.
    I'm just going to say this because i hope someone from marvel reads because i want the whole line to work because i'm attached to the universe and that is why i honestly read. I like it's universe more than the other ones i have seen in comics and so i can't follow more than one company really and get anything done. I know myself in that way.

Wouldn't it have been more powerful to lets say see captain marvel rushing to Genosha knowing what is about to happen and her being teleported away or intercepted and then the story that actually happened happened. Wouldn't we feel her pain that she just couldn't get there. Why take that for granted. Why aren't these writers thinking about the universe their hired to work in. to me that isn't forced continuity that is what the world these heroes exist in are facing at the time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well the only way to have activated the Sentinels was Trask(Human) DNA
    right?
    Trask DNA is not human DNA in at least 2 of the 6 Trasks we have been introduced to, including the mutant Larry Trask who really is the only Trask that could have built the Master Mold that Casandra Nova took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    As I recall, a human did create Sentinels, but then his mutant kids took over the building and control of the Sentinels. Based on known timelines at Marvel, the Master Mold that Casandra Nova used would likely have been created by Larry Trask, a mutant. Also, other mutants including Robert Shaw took over the building and running of Sentinels. The Sentinels really aren’t just humans’ fault. Heck, Omega was an X-man (woman)!
    Humans still created it for this specific purpose. This wasn't an invention concocted for the fun of it that just so happened to be used the wrong way. It was deliberately designed with hurting and killing mutants in mind. If we had a weapon created by a white supremacist to murder people that aren't white by detecting their skin color, and white people had a history of accepting and using it for that purpose, we wouldn't say white people bear no blame at all if that technology gets restored and used to commit a genocide just because the person who used it this time wasn't white and people overseeing the company today also aren't white.

Something created with racist intent and that only exists due to said racist intent doesn't have that history washed away and shrugged off just because "things are different now." If anything, this situation would result in people accusing Larry Trask of being a secretly self-hating mutant hater who thinks like a human.

And all of this is assuming your conjecture about this Master Mold being created by Larry Trask is accurate.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Trask DNA is not human DNA in at least 2 of the 6 Trasks we have been introduced to, including the mutant Larry Trask who really is the only Trask that could have built the Master Mold that Casandra Nova took over.
    This is new info, I had no idea the builder of mother mold was a mutant Trask. This really changes the game.

I wonder if this was prt of Moira and Xavier's master plan since he keeps using genocides as a justificative to go full radical

Very few humans did that. They were abandoned and Cassandra used them to genocide.

Having guns and not murdering someone isn't a crime in some countries. This is the same situation, if someone stole them and commit a crime it is not the owner's fault.
    Nah its more like...say Your Enemy invents something that kills You and only You. Like its able to pick You outta a crowd to kill only You., Most people know about the You Killing Thing. Buuuut Y.E. never ever uses it. Another Enemy then comes over and uses the Thing.
    soooo if its a numbers game I'd still be right?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm just going to say this because i hope someone from marvel reads because i want the whole line to work because i'm attached to the universe and that is why i honestly read. I like it's universe more than the other ones i have seen in comics and so i can't follow more than one company really and get anything done. I know myself in that way.

Wouldn't it have been more powerful to lets say see captain marvel rushing to Genosha knowing what is about to happen and her being teleported away or intercepted and then the story that actually happened happened. Wouldn't we feel her pain that she just couldn't get there. Why take that for granted. Why aren't these writers thinking about the universe their hired to work in. to me that isn't forced continuity that is what the world these heroes exist in are facing at the time.
    What captain marvel? Carol wasn't even Captain Marvel at the time. I'm not even sure if Carol Danvers was even on Earth. Genosha event is a event that barely had effects on x-men line, it was basically a pathos for only Lorna.

If she could arrive there almost in time other x-men could do the same and maybe even reach there in time. But it would happen on a X-men book. Why would other writer stop their story lines to do this? that is like screw a book for something that means zero for it

Nah its more like...say Your Enemy invents something that kills You and only You. Like its able to pick You outta a crowd to kill only You., Most people know about the You Killing Thing. Buuuut Y.E. never ever uses it. Another Enemy then comes over and uses the Thing.
    The murderer still is the person who used the gun

Was ther some information leaked about this book that I don't know about? I know yall not in here getting spicy with each other over a picture of 7 well liked characters being a book. The only real criticism you can really give right now is the line up is a little boring (which is subject to change anyway because theses teams + and - characters all the time.)
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I mean considering it was goosestepping as soon as some trask came a'talking Id disagree
    Didn't Cassandra kidnap that Trask and force him to reactivate the Master Mold, then promptly murdered him?

oh YEAH you right. Everything is really the X-Men's fault lol
    Not the X-Men's fault, but there's some nuance to these issues.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

This is new info, I had no idea the builder of mother mold was a mutant Trask. This really changes the game.
    It really did....i it was true but ...I dont think it is lol
    I wonder if this was prt of Moira and Xavier's master plan since he keeps using genocides as a justificative to go full radical
    I mean does a persons/countrys reaction to genocide need justification? What sort of thing would have to happened to not need any?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Was ther some information leaked about this book that I don't know about? I know yall not in here getting spicy with each other over a picture of 7 well liked characters being a book. The only real criticism you can really give right now is the line up is a little boring (which is subject to change anyway because theses teams + and - characters all the time.)
    Yeah, most of the argument happening right now is actually really off topic from the thread's purpose. It's discussion about mutant issues and Krakoa as a whole rather than the lineup of the book.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Whether or not Cassandra Nova would have found something else is kind of irrelevant, because the fact remains that she used Sentinels which were the product of humans and created for the specific purpose of suppressing and killing mutants.

If someone hacked into the U.S. nuclear arsenal and nuked a country, we wouldn't shrug and say "Oh well, they would've hacked into some other country's nukes to do it anyway." It would be a massive scandal and indictment against the United States. On a smaller modern and proven scale, we've seen how people respond to Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms when they host people and content that outright promote violence and disinformation. We don't think "Oh well, they'll just set up shop somewhere else anyway, we'll just have to put up with it here." We demand those social media companies do something about it, and hold it against them if they don't.

Humans didn't look at Genosha and send the Sentinels to do it themselves, but they provided the means with something specifically designed to do exactly what it did. Commit an act of genocide if humans wished for one.
    Not exactly - the Master Mold (nuke) was abandoned/decommissioned, it's not like Cassandra had to hack anything or get through security. The social media example doesn't make sense to me.

The people working on atomic/nuclear energy weren't all hoping to use it for warfare, just as I imagine there were some humans in the MU who intended the Sentinels to be a preventative or peacekeeping force. They clearly went too far, but this isn't a black and white issue.

I've long maintained that I'd like the X-Books to contend with the rational concern humans would have with mutants living among them - not one whose mutation gives them several arms and enhanced physical attributes but one whose mutation causes grand earthquakes when agitated for example. That's a story worth exploring.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I think the problem has always been different writing teams not talking to each other even when they are working on the same event.

There is a reason that Empyre X-Men was so self contained, because there wasn't communication between the writing teams.

I think Hickman and Jordan's current writing team is probably the most communicative group of writers that Marvel has had in a long time. They actually plan the entire X-line to try and make sure they don't contradict each other. But this is a new thing. If you go back to before Hickman, the previous writing team of Taylor, Brieson, Guggenheim, and Rosenberg didn't talk to each other and in some case deliberately contradicted each other's stories. There was obviously some dislike going on, especially between Guggenheim and Taylor, it was pretty obvious with how much they contracted each other.

This is the same with the current writer of FF, he was upset that Marvel was letting the X-line talk about/use Franklin, and the fact that Chip got to write the four issue series using Franklin as a mutant. So he erased Franklin as a mutant so the X-office couldn't use him anymore, because he doesn't want to let anyone use the characters while he is using them.

This is why the Avengers and at the time Ms Marvel didn't rush to Genosha to try and save as many people as possible. Because the Avengers writers and the X-writers weren't being encouraged to work together by the different editors.

Just like there are bad writers, there are also bad editors who treat each line as it's own separate playhouse that interacts as little as possible with the other lines.

To get cohesive story telling, they need to actually have a consistent editorial mandate. It's not like Marvel is the only one with this problem, DC has the exact same issue of different line editors and writers not communicating with each other and not working together.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

That's what I'm saying!
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

i hope they evolve Shiro from some post-world war II trope to a mutant hero.

It really did....i it was true but ...I dont think it is lol

I mean does a persons/countrys reaction to genocide need justification? What sort of thing would have to happened to not need any?
    a mutant build the weapon that genocided a mutants country.

No, i'm saying that they need genocides to happen to build their own "safe" country