Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Storm is probably going to star in Hickman's new book.
    I don't see Banshee or Colossus being popular enough to carry their own books.
    No offense to their, fans but they arent interesting enough to either. I think Banshee especially would benefit with getting reintroduced in a team book where he can restablish and make new relationships bc he's been so irrelevant to the X-World for so long. The only time Ive enjoyed Piotr in the last decade was Rosenberg's take in AXM. Id rather see more of that version

Hopefully so with Sunspot, Darwin, Cannonball, Bishop (wasted & badly written in his current book), Jubilee (wasted & badly written in her current book) also in the book/on the team

Banshee should join X-factor & Colossus is wasted in X-force but not badly written imo ( like Bishop & Jubilee) so he can stay there imo. Plus I want to seeing him & Domino in the same book.

Mighty Member

Did people forget that Banshee was the anchor member/team leader in Generation X.

Last edited by ericng; 04-19-2021 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Did people forget that Banshee was the anchor member/team leader in Generation X.

Gah that pick so sexy....but tbh Even tho this is my first and strongest impression of banshee and he was a total badass Chars like Chamber, Skin, Penance M etc.... Were prob the biggest draw for most readers
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I'm a bit confused why Prof X is in this book? Isn't the XMEN formed because they don't want to answer to the council? Are they gonna portray him as a kind mentor here and as a cold businessman in the council?
    Sort of... This XMEN team is basically a front for the Council. It's existence gives them Plausible Deniability.

Plausible deniability-From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plausible deniability is the ability of people, typically senior officials in a formal or informal chain of command, to deny knowledge of or responsibility for any damnable actions committed by others in an organizational hierarchy because of a lack or absence of evidence that can confirm their participation, even if they were personally involved in or at least willfully ignorant of the actions. If illegal or otherwise-disreputable and unpopular activities become public, high-ranking officials may deny any awareness of such acts to insulate themselves and shift the blame onto the agents who carried out the acts, as they are confident that their doubters will be unable to prove otherwise. The lack of evidence to the contrary ostensibly makes the denial plausible (credible), but sometimes, it makes the denial only unactionable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plausible_deniability
    Last edited by rcaguy; 04-20-2021 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

And tht was like 25 years ago. He hasnt been a big character since the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I'm a bit confused why Prof X is in this book? Isn't the XMEN formed because they don't want to answer to the council? Are they gonna portray him as a kind mentor here and as a cold businessman in the council?
    Profesor X isnt on the team, nor do they report to him. People are getting confused and making assumptions bc of that cover he is on but that is an homage to X-men (1991) #1. I expect him to appear as need be but he isnt pulling the shots
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-20-2021 at 08:25 AM.

I love Banshee and all but let’s be real, he works much better in the older mentor side character role. Hate to say it as well, but Sean was also heavily eclipsed by his daughter Theresa long ago and is much more noteworthy legacy hero to his heir.

Heck I’d say, he’d be perfect to take one of the Quiet Council seats.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I love Banshee and all but let’s be real, he works much better in the older mentor side character role. Hate to say it as well, but Sean was also heavily eclipsed by his daughter Theresa long ago and is much more noteworthy legacy hero to his heir.

Heck I’d say, he’d be perfect to take one of the Quiet Council seats.
    Yes, I mentioned this myself before and I'll say it again: the QC would be perfect for Sean, hell he wanted to retire from superheroing all the way back in Giant-Size X-Men 1 and he works much better as a teacher, mentor or statesman in the case of Krakoa. He was #2 in the readers poll so it's clear a big percentage of the readership wants to see him featured in the books and I say the QC would be a good compromise.

Extraordinary Member

Banshee would be perfect to fill Jean's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Profesor X isnt on the team, nor do they report to him. People are getting confused and making assumptions bc of that cover he is on but that is an homage to X-men (1991) #1. I expect him to appear as need be but he isnt pulling the shots
    Yeah, incredible how big a misunderstanding one cover can create; besides, Xavier calling the shots instead of Scott and Jean would defeat the entire purpose of this team.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I'm excited for this! It is a great line up in my opinion. Great to see Synch, Laura and Sunfire on the team. I can't wait for the Hellfire Gala stuff!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, incredible how big a misunderstanding one cover can create; besides, Xavier calling the shots instead of Scott and Jean would defeat the entire purpose of this team.
    And you know this 100% for sure ?, why would they put Xavier there if he isn't involved ?.
    Guess we will have to wait and see.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    And you know this 100% for sure ?, why would they put Xavier there if he isn't involved ?.
    He is not part of the team

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I won't rule out some sort of involvement, but a reason he is there is because they needed 8 characters for 8 stormbreaker artists to each draw one, there was only 7 on the team, and Xavier is on the cover of X-Men #1 from the 90s that had a similar style so it is a bit of an homage.

If anything, this is one very powerful team. We know that Laura is the scrapper, but who are the brute muscle? Collosus was the apparent muscle in previous teams.
    I’m assuming it’s Rogue or Synch?