Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Basically, Diana is/was a Shonen protagonist.

I could totally see her getting along with Goku.
    I doubt it. Goku cares way too much about fighting to a dangerous and unhealthy degree. She might be okay with guys like Ichigo, Izuku or maybe Naruto (his tendency to forgive terrorists and war criminals notwithstanding).

The only version of Diana I could see getting along with Goku is the one written by Johns in the initial New 52 Justice League.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-17-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I doubt it. Goku cares way too much about fighting to a dangerous and unhealthy degree. She might be okay with guys like Ichigo, Izuku or maybe Naruto (his tendency to forgive terrorists and war criminals notwithstanding).

The only version of Diana I could see getting along with Goku is the one written by Johns in the initial New 52 Justice League.
    She obviously wouldn't approve of his recklessness, but I think she'd like his competitive nature, upbeat attitude, and desire to improve and challenge himself.

I also bet Diana's a big eater, too. We just haven't seen it. Or at least she should be. Make it canon, DC, you cowards.

She obviously wouldn't approve of his recklessness, but I think she'd like his competitive nature, upbeat attitude, and desire to improve and challenge himself.

I also bet Diana's a big eater, too. We just haven't seen it. Or at least she should be. Make it canon, DC, you cowards.
    Well, we know she likes ice cream.

The Wonder Woman: Heartless audio novel mentions her eating an entire pie in one sitting. With all that muscle combined with the high-energy superhero life style, you'd think she'd have the appetite of a strong-man (10,000 calories a day).
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-17-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Made the mistake of re-reading Year One just as the Snyder Cut came out, so that scene was the one the mind for me.

At least it didn't have that motif.
    Sad lamentation music plays as we read Year One, and have to deal with the fact that Diana not killing the villains means we sympathize with the terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The Wonder Woman: Heartless audio novel mentions her eating an entire pie in one sitting. With all that muscle combined with the high-energy superhero life style, you'd think she'd have the appetite of a strong-man (10,000 calories a day).
    Now that's what I'm talking about.

I think Michael Conrad, with WW #770 and #771, is doing a bang-up job, with his characterization of Diana, working gal princess, who actually looks like she's having fun, being Wonder Woman.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

You mean Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad. And yes I agree. For the first time in a while I feel like anyone can pick up the book and really enjoy it regardless of how they feel about Wonder Woman. When the two of them were announced they described their run as "fun" which seemed strange to me at first, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense. That really is one of the things Diana needs and which most people underestimate.
    Last edited by Alpha; 04-17-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Sad lamentation music plays as we read Year One, and have to deal with the fact that Diana not killing the villains means we sympathize with the terrorists
    I've actually seen a surprising amount of people criticize that scene. I was kind of surprised, even though I feel like I shouldn't be because if you replace Wonder Woman in that scene with Superman or Spider-man (who is considerably weaker than her) people would be outraged. But a lot of people either found it funny, inappropriate or both.

I've actually seen a surprising amount of people criticize that scene. I was kind of surprised, even though I feel like I shouldn't be because if you replace Wonder Woman in that scene with Superman or Spider-man (who is considerably weaker than her) people would be outraged. But a lot of people either found it funny, inappropriate or both.
    The song, slow-mo, and the baseball slide bullet blocking all combined made it probably the funniest thing in the movie to me.

The song, slow-mo, and the baseball slide bullet blocking all combined made it probably the funniest thing in the movie to me.
    The song was definitely the funniest part of the whole movie. It also made me appreciate the Wonder Woman Hans Zimmer score more that I already did.

Amazing Member

Eh, as they had Spider-man murdering people in IW/Endgame, and nobody's really said anything about it. I'm not so sure how much outrage there would be.

Also, I just want to say I understand that a lot of people had problems with WW killing the terrorists in that scene.
    But I do think the movie did showcase WW's caring/inspiring part of her character a lot.
    From her talking to the little girl after the terrorists to reaching out to Cyborg and trying to help him accept himself, I think these were really good WW moments.

Quote Originally Posted by tyusmax View Post
    Eh, as they had Spider-man murdering people in IW/Endgame, and nobody's really said anything about it. I'm not so sure how much outrage there would be.

Also, I just want to say I understand that a lot of people had problems with WW killing the terrorists in that scene.
    But I do think the movie did showcase WW's caring/inspiring part of her character a lot.
    From her talking to the little girl after the terrorists to reaching out to Cyborg and trying to help him accept himself, I think these were really good WW moments.
    The scene of comforting the girl is fine in isolation, what makes it hilarious is she does needlessly blowing a guy way to kingdom come.

It's like when Supes made out with Lois following Metropolis having the equivalent of the a-bomb dropped on it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The song was definitely the funniest part of the whole movie. It also made me appreciate the Wonder Woman Hans Zimmer score more that I already did.
    I actually really like the music, but it perhaps would have been better if it was limited to that scene and the Amazons scene. Having Enya start up whenever the wind blows her hair slightly made it seem like a parody.

The scene of comforting the girl is fine in isolation, what makes it hilarious is she does needlessly blowing a guy way to kingdom come.

It's like when Supes made out with Lois following Metropolis having the equivalent of the a-bomb dropped on it.
    Yes, her talking to the girl would be sweet and isn't a problem. It's just that a dude was bleeding from the skull a few feet away and the big gaping holes in the wall are visible behind her lol.

Basically, Diana is/was a Shonen protagonist.

I could totally see her getting along with Goku.
    Believe in the Wonder Woman who believes in you!

A bit of a tangent, but gosh id love a Studio Trigger produced Wonder Woman anime