Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Resident Evil Welcome to Raccoon City

Resident Evil Welcome to Raccoon City is done filming they are now working on the CGI so how long before we get a trailer?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...i-updates/amp/

As much as I loved the previous film series, I'm excited to see a reboot that sticks closer to the story and feel of the games. Never played them myself, so curious to see what that's like with this film.

Astonishing Member

I'm all in for Kaya Scodelario being Claire Redfield.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Not really.

Practically every big budget movie goes through re-shoots for one reason or the other. The extent of the re-shoots depends on a number of factors.

Just that in recent times we get a lot of news stories that leave the context out of the situations.

Ultimate Member

The old films just used the names and went their own way so as long as this series doesn't do that it should be much better...right...

I'm a casual fan of the modern games so I'm curious about how it turns out. Most of the heroes tend to be a bit bland so hopefully they get more to work with here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    yeah....no, instant regret.
    Not seeing this.
    The only one who looks the part is Chris.
    I don't see anything that tells me i am watching Leon, Claire, Jill or even Wesker.
    And i find it worrying that there is no Barry in that photo of the Mansion and that Richard Aiken is there instead.
    The addition of Lisa Trevor is a nice touch, but make up just doesn't scream BOW threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    yeah....no, instant regret.
    Not seeing this.
    The only one who looks the part is Chris.
    I don't see anything that tells me i am watching Leon, Claire, Jill or even Wesker.
    And i find it worrying that there is no Barry in that photo of the Mansion and that Richard Aiken is there instead.
    The addition of Lisa Trevor is a nice touch, but make up just doesn't scream BOW threat.
    I understand if something else bothers you, but that they didn't get actors or actresses who look like they stepped out of the game seems more a nitpick than anything damning - the last films had characters who looked the part, were dressed the part, but the tone didn't match the games from what I understand it. Here they seem to be making a really, really big deal about doing the games justice and getting actors who can match the characters in feeling/tone/personality (aka who can act well enough to fit the characters) as opposed to simply looking like them. Isn't that at least worth holding off until you see the trailer or some footage before writing it off?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The previous film series which I hated has really greatly dampened even my enthusiasm for something closer to the games. I'm gonna expect more out of this film.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-02-2021 at 07:09 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I understand if something else bothers you, but that they didn't get actors or actresses who look like they stepped out of the game seems more a nitpick than anything damning - the last films had characters who looked the part, were dressed the part, but the tone didn't match the games from what I understand it. Here they seem to be making a really, really big deal about doing the games justice and getting actors who can match the characters in feeling/tone/personality (aka who can act well enough to fit the characters) as opposed to simply looking like them. Isn't that at least worth holding off until you see the trailer or some footage before writing it off?
    I have no issue with seeing a trailer...but it needs to be a trailer of epic proportions for me to see this, i have been burned one to many times and seeing these images don't help because while this seems like a nitpick to probably many, but to me it is not, to me the first thing i though when i saw this was this looks like average cosplay and i did not even know that was Leon until i was told.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I have no issue with seeing a trailer...but it needs to be a trailer of epic proportions for me to see this, i have been burned one to many times and seeing these images don't help because while this seems like a nitpick to probably many, but to me it is not, to me the first thing i though when i saw this was this looks like average cosplay and i did not even know that was Leon until i was told.
    To each their own - while the pictures are nothing to write home about, reading the actual interviews and how this is completely different from the prior franchise, while I've never played the games myself I'm cautiously optimistic this'll be an atmospheric horror film over the action heavy films that came before.

To each their own - while the pictures are nothing to write home about, reading the actual interviews and how this is completely different from the prior franchise, while I've never played the games myself I'm cautiously optimistic this'll be an atmospheric horror film over the action heavy films that came before.
    That is why i am judgemental of this, i have played the games, read the books, manga and comics so my views are driven by that but i can agree that the previous film series strayed to far from the path. The First two being the ones i least hate but only tolerate while everything was utter garbage.

The presence of Lisa Trevor is reassuring though the make up effects seem lacking but also seeing what is being done to key characters of the franchise as well as the idea that this movie is basically meshing two different storues from two different games that are separated by months into one single movie is also not reassuring.

Looks like they’re trying to recreate the “interactive movie” production values of the live action intro to the original game. I don’t really get why this exists, except that it’s easier to con people into paying money for something that has the same name as something else they like - so actually I do understand why this exists.