Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did the last movie series burn fans that much that only non-gamers can be optimistic about this? Seriously, it's all dread and gloom from folks.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Did the last movie series burn fans that much that only non-gamers can be optimistic about this? Seriously, it's all dread and gloom from folks.
    The last film series was Resident Evil in name only. I have zero expectations for this reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The last film series was Resident Evil in name only. I have zero expectations for this reboot.
    But why? The previous films have nothing to do with this reboot, so why judge it because of them?

But why? The previous films have nothing to do with this reboot, so why judge it because of them?
    I'm not going to disregard this series history when it comes to film. When it comes to this film specifically I don't like the idea cramming RE 1 & 2 in one movie. That would work better for RE 2 & 3 since they happen concurrently.

More people like the last series then out right hate it or at least wanted to continue seeing it that's way it did a billion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Looks like they’re trying to recreate the “interactive movie” production values of the live action intro to the original game. I don’t really get why this exists, except that it’s easier to con people into paying money for something that has the same name as something else they like - so actually I do understand why this exists.
    Quite a strange dichotomy is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not going to disregard this series history when it comes to film. When it comes to this film specifically I don't like the idea cramming RE 1 & 2 in one movie. That would work better for RE 2 & 3 since they happen concurrently.
    Agreed, the way 2 and 3 happen in game lore would be better served with that concept than 1 and 2 which are separated by months from each other as far as the lore goes.

If you see a Superman film, do you not compare them to the Donner/Singer/Snyder films? If you see Batman in the cinema, do you not compare it to say Burton's, Schumacher's or Nolan's? Do you not compare the Toby Maguire Spider-man to say the Garfield or the Holland versions? Logan versus the previous two Wolverine movies?

You can't just slap the word reboot on something and not expect people to not compare it to what preceded it regardless of whether they do or don't share history because regardless something did come before the reboot and there must be judged against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    If you see a Superman film, do you not compare them to the Donner/Singer/Snyder films? If you see Batman in the cinema, do you not compare it to say Burton's, Schumacher's or Nolan's? Do you not compare the Toby Maguire Spider-man to say the Garfield or the Holland versions? Logan versus the previous two Wolverine movies?

You can't just slap the word reboot on something and not expect people to not compare it to what preceded it regardless of whether they do or don't share history because regardless something did come before the reboot and there must be judged against it.
    Yes and no - yes, I compare the new films to the old films. But that's a lot different from judging a movie before it's been released. Like, when I compare Batman and Superman and Spider-Man movies, it's after I've seen them. I don't really assume that they'll be like the previous films though. That aspect of this seems weird to me, I don't do that no. I mean, if it's a sequel sure, especially if there's a returning cast or crew, but a reboot with different people involved? I've literally never done that. I compare and contrast them and rank them after I see them (Holland's Spidey is my least favorite), but...just doesn't seem like the same thing.

A shot of the RE1 cast
    https://twitter.com/horrorvisuals/st...60117077278729

Wesker without sunglasses is not Wesker.

The guy playing Leon is kinda mis cast as he doesn't remotely resemble the game version. But other than that, I am willing the give the movie a chance. At least this time they are at least attempting to be faithful to the games. Not like the Paul Anderson movies where they introduce game characters only to be supporting characters to a NON game character. Then just vanish in between movies with no explanation ( Leon, Chris, Ada etc). I will say the first and second movie are guilty pleasures of mine and are passable mindless movies. The rest are utter trash and a middle finger to fans of the games.

How bad could this new reboot be compared to the old ones? I am going to give it a shot.

This one was okay a lot closer to the game's but I was really missing Milla Jovovich to be honest

Astonishing Member

I liked it and would watch a sequel, preferably one where the story doesn't sidestep Scodelario's Claire.

I'm not sure if they are going to do anther movie or maybe a reboot but if they do I think they should adept code veronica what would be your pick?