Atom
    Black Lightning
    Blue Beetle
    Dr. Fate
    Dr. Light
    Mr. Terrific
    Vibe

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The fact that most of the choices are just knock off of other characters while original characters like Skyrocket are no where to be seen just makes me sad for DC readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The fact that most of the choices are just knock off of other characters while original characters like Skyrocket are no where to be seen just makes me sad for DC readers.
    Skyrocket might be original, but the simple fact is that the majority of DC fans haven't read anything with her in it. We don't really know her, or anything about her, and to be honest, don't really care, either. The best possible way for her to be associated with the Justice League is if you start the League off with a roster of characters most fans know and care about first, and that's true whether it's a POC Justice League or not.

I voted for Mister Terrific, Green Lantern Stewart, Doctor Light, Doctor Fate, Blue Beetle, Cyborg, and Aquaman.

Actually I wish there could be more - I've never been big on the 7 Leaguer limit. I really wanted others, especially Steel and Vixen, but not to the exclusion of these guys.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ultimate Member

Idk. I've never really had a problem with characters being based off of others. But I can understand the frustration of an OC not getting a chance

Black Lightning, Cyborg, Dr Light, Katana, Vibe and Vixen are all original creations. Steel is his own character even if he technically spun off from the Super franchise. Jaime and Michael are the definitive versions of Blue Beetle and Mr Terrific respectively, long surpassing their predecessors, also they have different powers so they might as well be original creations.

There were more original creations mentions like Bumblebee, Black Condor, Fire, Static and Black Adam but they were a few votes off from making the list. Bumblebee and Black Condor specifically only needed one more vote to knock Dr Fate off the list. Nubia and Jackson were at the tail end of the list as well.

John and Jessica however, will always be at the top of lists like this, it’s inevitable.

With 30 votes so far:

1. Vixen (Mari McCabe)- 25 votes
    2. Black Lightning (Jefferson Pierce)- 23 votes
    3. Dr Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)- 22 votes
    4. Green Lantern (John Stewart)- 20 votes
    5. Mr Terrific (Michael Holt)- 19 votes
    6. Atom (Ryan Choi)- 17 votes
    7. Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)- 15 votes

Next up would be Katana (12 votes) and Steel (11 votes).

That is a very intelligent group of heroes and I’d totally read a book with all 9 of those characters! I feel like John Stewart would be the natural leader of the team, with his military background and Vixen would be a strong second in command, with her history of leading the JLA. Jefferson and Tatsu have a lot of history together so they’d be a natural pairing, while Kimiyo, Ryan, Michael and John Henry would bond over science and technology. Jaime would be the new rookie member and the audience surrogate.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    With 30 votes so far:

1. Vixen (Mari McCabe)- 25 votes
    2. Black Lightning (Jefferson Pierce)- 23 votes
    3. Dr Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)- 22 votes
    4. Green Lantern (John Stewart)- 20 votes
    5. Mr Terrific (Michael Holt)- 19 votes
    6. Atom (Ryan Choi)- 17 votes
    7. Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)- 15 votes
    That was my pick, but with Steel instead of Jaime...I do quite like Katana as well, I'd probably prefer to see her on a JLD type team though tbh and explore her sword more

Vixen (Leader)
    Mr. T
    Cyborg
    Vibe
    BB
    Atom
    Dr. Light
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Black Lightning
    Mr. Terrific
    Vixen
    Atom
    Dr. Fate
    Dr. Light
    Jessica Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Black Lightning, Cyborg, Dr Light, Katana, Vibe and Vixen are all original creations. Steel is his own character even if he technically spun off from the Super franchise. Jaime and Michael are the definitive versions of Blue Beetle and Mr Terrific respectively, long surpassing their predecessors, also they have different powers so they might as well be original creations.

There were more original creations mentions like Bumblebee, Black Condor, Fire, Static and Black Adam but they were a few votes off from making the list. Bumblebee and Black Condor specifically only needed one more vote to knock Dr Fate off the list. Nubia and Jackson were at the tail end of the list as well.

John and Jessica however, will always be at the top of lists like this, it’s inevitable.
    I thought the military background was only in the JLU-verse? And since when has Vixen ever led the League?

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I thought the military background was only in the JLU-verse? And since when has Vixen ever led the League?
    John Stewart is a former US Marine, so it’s not just the animated series that made him a veteran.

I believe Vixen led the most recent JLA book, the one that included Lobo, Frost, Ray, Atom, Aztek and Black Canary. She also led the team back in day when Black Camry resigned. So she’s been a leader twice

Edit: I voted for John Stewart, Vixen, Black Lightning, Dr Light, Atom, Blue Beetle and Vibe
    Last edited by El_Gato; 04-19-2021 at 08:14 AM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    John is a veteran and Mari has led the JLA on multiple occasions. Mr Terrific is another candidate for leadership, likewise for Black Lightning as all have led a team in the past.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    John Stewart is a former US Marine, so it’s not just the animated series that made him a veteran.
    I thought it was? At least, they created that background.

Icon
    Nubia
    Onyx
    Sojourner Mullein
    Extraño
    Vixen
    Mr. Terrific
    Steel
    Doctor Light
    Black Lightning
    El Dorado
    Element Woman