Default Would anyone else like a relaunch of Brave and the Bold?

One thing that I love is the Brave and the Bold series. I'd love a modernized version with Bruce traveling the DC universe teaming up with various characters. I can also see the Cartoon series antagonist Equinox appearing as the main antagonist. I think he'd be a good villain for a Brave and the Bold reboot. Especially if the series had Batman teaming up with both heroes and villains. As for how Equinox could be revamped I can see his origins being every much the same with minor changes like when Death Metal ended the Lords of Chaos and Order took a piece of both Darkseid and High Father's powers (with a bit of their own) and gave it to a child but the influence of both sides was too much and he snapped.

Part of why I like this idea is Equinox would be a perfect villain not just for Batman but the League and I'd love him doing things like kidnapping both Superman and Lex planning to kill both for the sake of restoring balance. I think his purpose could even be something as simple as to prevent another Crisis. Like he could prevent a Crisis by keeping both sides from ever gaining a upper hand. Plus Equinox has a compelling motivation that I'd love to see play out in canon and I love the idea of him siding with heroes one minute then villains and sometimes switching sides all the while never really taking a side.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love a Brave and the Bold revitalization. I would use Oracle as the architect. Unfortunately right now in the books, she still feels very Gotham centric, very limited in her scope. This would return her to some degree of world wide digital power. Again though, she's just the architect, she would be the one putting heroes together. Stories would always start with at least one of the Batfamily and be paired with another hero. Nightwing with Midnighter (they work so well together lol), Spoiler and WG Cassie Sandsmark, Batman and Kenan Kong Superman....
    It would almost be Birds of Prey but on pretty much on an unlimited scale. It might not always be Oracle sending two heroes out, maybe Red Hood gets in a little over his head and she sends in Wonder Woman to find him.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm confused for a bit because New 52 Equinox is a heroine

No, I don't mind but I don't think I'm gonna pick it up since Batman and... already covered in Urban Legends, Detective, even the main Batman title. If it doesn't have Batman in it, if it's a pairing of Green-Green for example, then I'd be more interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm confused for a bit because New 52 Equinox is a heroine
    There have been a few the one your referencing might not exist anymore but I think the best was in Brave in the Bold. However I agree such a series would have to have Batman.