Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favourite Wonder Woman Team-Ups!

What are your favourite Wonder Woman team-ups, and why?

They can be across any medium, and they can be moments rather than whole stories.

A couple of mine to kick us off...

The Brave and the Bold #33

BABc.jpg

This is a lovely one-shot featuring Zatanna, Batgirl and Wonder Woman on a night out. The reason why they're having the night out is really beautiful, essential to what makes this story a stand-out, and gives an opportunity to see Diana in a sisterly connection with Zee and Babs. Huge soft spot for this one, and of course it gives us moments like these:

BAB2.jpg

World's Finest from Batwoman vol 2, #12-17

Despite falling firmly in the Nu52 era and therefore featuring a Diana that isn't quite my favourite, its just really enjoyable to get a multi-issue arc that brings their two worlds together, with some gorge artwork. Honestly feels worth it for the visuals alone. A lot of WW team-ups I've read don't tend to play out over lots of issues, so I enjoyed this feeling like an adventure shared over time.

WWBW.jpg

Justice League of Amazons

JLAmazonsC.jpg

I am SUCH a sucker for all-woman team-ups with Diana in the lead. This one isn't exactly a game changer on characterisation, but a joy nonetheless.

JLAmazons.jpg

Wonder Woman and the Bionic Woman

WWBiW.jpg

When I first read this I really didn't enjoy it. Then I re-read it recently and just felt a lot more appreciation for how deep a loving homage it is to the Lynda Carter era and her portrayal. The relationship set up between the two heroines never bothers with the nonsense "they have to fight one another first" trope, and just builds from shared appreciation and respect from the outset.

Honourable mentions: As a kid I read the Judgement In Infinity arc of Wonder Woman vol 1 a lot, which featured heroines across different Earths fighting the same foe, but didn't quite see Diana team up with them all. She does start with a team-up with Zatanna though, and I wonder if that has anything to do with how often we've seen them together in recent years.

I do like me that Brave and the Bold one. I like when they show Diana at parties, plus it was also a sweet issue.

Uh, I don't really read a lot of team-up.

I remember Wonder Woman and Flash's team up in vol 2 issue #214. I liked the conversations between the two respective heroes. I would like more team-ups between those two, sometimes it feels like Diana only teams up with Bats and Sups. Also there was a fun villain swap with Zoom vs WW and Cheetah vs Flash. I like villain swaps (when done correctly of course).
    But I do not like Cheetah's characterization in that issue, no sir. Zoom was fine, I don't read much Flash so I don't know if he was off tbh.

There's also Harley's Little Black Book, which I thought was alright. I read it before I was burned out on Harley, not that I was ever the biggest Harley fan I'm more of a Poison Ivy fan and read Harley stuff cuz she's in it a lot.
    But anyways, I just found the issue amusing. Harley being a Wonder Woman fanatic was oddly endearing.

Also Diana's face in this panel was pretty funny.

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-17-2021 at 04:48 AM.

Diana and Zatanna have usually been a fun pairing the times they've teamed up like in JLD and other scattered team ups over the years (such as AOP from last year). It also avoids doing the World's Finest dynamic of teaming a meta with a non-powered character. Plus she's not a Super or Bat character.

I've tended to sour Diana being friends with Clark or Bruce, blame Injustice and Trinity shipping mainly, but there have some good moments/stories here and there across mediums.

Batman: The Brave and The Bold

and

DC: New Frontier Special
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-17-2021 at 05:34 AM.

Incredible Member

That Brave and the Bold episode - The Triumvirate of Terror! - is a real treat.

The Brave and the Bold issue meanwhile has its heart in the right place but is...a bit weird once you know its central conceit. Also, I hate Diana's outfit. She'd wear color, I think. The design of her cocktail dress is also ehhh.

Justice League's "Maid of Honor" is largely a Bats/WW team-up and it works well. I like the James Bond touches and the voice work and animation are overall great, even if I remain disappointed that her flirting with Bruce became her most likeable DCAU trait.

One of my all-time faves is the Diana/Kyle team-up in the pre-Justice League cartoon book Adventures in the DC Universe. I *love* how she is determined to help her friend and teammate even though there are few clues to work with...and seemingly overwhelming odds. She inspires him and it saves the day (and his life) and you get the sense that's just who she is. A loyal comrade. Great cartoony art too. Sad how the unofficial Timm-inspired WW was actually a stronger depiction than the official one that came in 2001, stole her armor, ran away from home and had a nasty disposition. This one is a joy by comparison.

The final issue of that series is another cool team-up of sorts between Selina and Diana. Love that one too.

Last edited by DisneyBoy; 04-17-2021 at 05:56 AM.

This was fun also.

Does becoming a Star Sapphire count? :P One could argue that it was teaming up with Carol Ferris.

Fantastic Member

Wonder woman best team-up is with superman the man of steel. By far!!

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Wonder woman best team-up is with superman the man of steel. By far!!
    Do you have a particular issue in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

One of my all-time faves is the Diana/Kyle team-up in the pre-Justice League cartoon book Adventures in the DC Universe. I *love* how she is determined to help her friend and teammate even though there are few clues to work with...and seemingly overwhelming odds. She inspires him and it saves the day (and his life) and you get the sense that's just who she is. A loyal comrade. Great cartoony art too. Sad how the unofficial Timm-inspired WW was actually a stronger depiction than the official one that came in 2001, stole her armor, ran away from home and had a nasty disposition. This one is a joy by comparison.

The final issue of that series is another cool team-up of sorts between Selina and Diana. Love that one too.

I COMPLETELY forgot about this comic! I used to have one of the early issues with Cheetah, but not sure if I still do, I haven't seen it in years. Will need to take a look.

Also, this reminds me: didn't Diana guest in an early issue of Kyle's tenure as Green Lantern too? As part of his "hero quest" or something? I wonder if the dynamic between them was similar to the one in AitDCU comic.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Does becoming a Star Sapphire count? :P One could argue that it was teaming up with Carol Ferris.
    I'd say it counts, why not . Wasn't there an actual Star Sapphire team up issue of WW under Orlando too? Or was it someone else? I think it was an Annual maybe?

Having a female writer doing a Wonder Woman team-up is nearly always a recipe for a good story. Gail Simone did great team-ups for Wonder Woman with both Black Canary and Power Girl, to not mention Star Blossom. G Willow Wilson had one of her strongest pieces in her run with the Wonder Woman and Giganta team-up. Amanda Connor did really well with Harley's little black book (and remember that it's told from Harley's PoV, so rampantly unreliable narration). And then we have the entirety of Bombshells!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

The Bronze Age story where she teams up with Animal Man is pretty good, the whole story is can be found in Wonder Woman v1 #255, 262-264, 267-268.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    I COMPLETELY forgot about this comic! I used to have one of the early issues with Cheetah, but not sure if I still do, I haven't seen it in years. Will need to take a look.

Also, this reminds me: didn't Diana guest in an early issue of Kyle's tenure as Green Lantern too? As part of his "hero quest" or something? I wonder if the dynamic between them was similar to the one in AitDCU comic.
    That Cheetah issue is a classic - dig it up if you can!

I never read Kyle's book so I can't say, but I do know he dated Donna. In this book though, he and Diana are just friends. Kyle's in awe of her a bit, but that's all.

Diana and Superman teamed up back in the Perez run to take down Darkseid when he attacked Mount Olympus...but I remember very little of that to be honest. It was during their earliest (post crisis) interactions though, back when they were negotiating their feelings for one another.

There is also, of course, the JL classic episode "For The Man Who Has Everything". I hate her "go to hell!" retort though cause...Diana doesn't believe in hell. That's so Christian. Come on now ��

Last edited by DisneyBoy; 04-18-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

Diana and Superman teamed up back in the Perez run to take down Darkseid when he attacked Mount Olympus...but I remember very little of that to be honest. It was during their earliest (post crisis) interactions though, back when they were negotiating their feelings for one another.
    I will forever love this issue for that set of panels showing a hugely alarmed Diana unsure how to react as Superman is kissing her. If anything encapsulates my feelings about the weirdness of that romantic pairing, those panels are it