19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben Affleck

8 42.11%
  • Matt Damon

11 57.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Ben Affleck vs Matt Damon

Two young kids from Boston who were best friends and went to Hollywood and achieved their dreams in a big way. Which do you find to be the better actor with the better overall career?

I am going for Ben Affleck as better actor, and Matt Damon for better overall career.

Watching Saving Private Ryan again, for like the 10th time and Matt who plays the central character Ryan is the weakest link of that masterpiece of a movie. I have also seen Matt in other films and his acting is just okay to me. Although he makes a good Jason Borne but though guy roles can be very easy to play.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

damon career and affleck acting (although i dont think either is a particularly outstanding actor)

also Gigli ben stomps

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

They are both excellent actors. Affleck has shown himself to be a very good director. Argo, the Town. Damon seems more interested in just acting.
    Damon has had a more stable personal life, Affleck's has been a bit of a mess.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-17-2021 at 06:44 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post

also Gigli ben stomps
    Gigli got way too much hate because of his relationship with J.LO. There are surely worse films.

damon career and affleck acting (although i dont think either is a particularly outstanding actor)

Agreed.

I think Damon's career has gone a lot smoother than Ben.

Additionally I am surprised affleck is winning the poll.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-17-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Both are in the same range i would say. Always decent enough, never outstanding.

Voted for Damon just out of personal preference.

Where is my Marky Mark option!?

New Englanders preference will always be Walberg.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Niffleheim

Matt Damon is the better actor and had a better career overall.

Affleck has never convinced me in his acting that he could play more than a self assured character with a **** eating grin. I gave up on his movies pretty early - I love period dramas and him starring in one was the final decision to never watch any of his movies ever again it was Shakespeare In Love that was the final nail for me to stop watching him. Until the DCEU started and I was 100% against his casting from beginning to end. I was never convinced. I'm thinking of checking out movies he has been directing just to see if it will change my mind about him.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-17-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Where is my Marky Mark option!?

New Englanders preference will always be Walberg.
    (Being Completely Serious For A Minute...)

If you allow for setting aside the clear personal issues that are there when it comes to this guy as a younger man?

- Easily A Better Comedic Actor Than Damon/Affleck Put Together.
    - Easily A Better Dramatic Actor Than Damon/Affleck Put Together
    - Easily A Better "Straight Up Stupid..." Action Film Actor Than Damon/Affleck Put Together And Multiplied By Five.

All-New Member MarshallBravestarr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

If you allow for setting aside the clear personal issues that are there when it comes to this guy as a younger man?

- Easily A Better "Straight Up Stupid..." Action Film Actor Than Damon/Affleck Put Together And Multiplied By Five.
    Holy hyperbole Batman!

Nope
    Nope
    And clearly nope.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Maybe I am weird on this but I really thought The accountant with Affleck was a cool movie. I thought it was done really well.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

The Happening mark stomps

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Maybe I am weird on this but I really thought The accountant with Affleck was a cool movie. I thought it was done really well.
    It was cool.

Ben Affleck, although probably just by dent that I've seen more films of his than Damon's. If I'd seen more of Matt Damon's films it might've gone his way. Neither's bad.