Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben Affleck

8 42.11%
  • Matt Damon

11 57.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The Town is as good as Mann's Heat or Nolan's Dark Knight IMHO.... Affleck by a country mile. Without The Town there would still be Gone Baby Gone and he looks cool as Batman.

Can't stand Damon so, Ben all the way.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Both are very good actors. I think I would give the edge to Damon though. It probably comes down to Damon seems to enjoy being and actor and in front of the camera while Affleck seems like he would be happy to just be a director and be a behind the scenes type guy more.

Ben Affleck is a good talented actor, but Matt Damon is slightly better.

Not super keen on either of them, as they have too much history in that smug 90s Kevin Smith scene. Matt Damon at least has done some stuff poking fun at himself recently like the daft turn as a bad actor playing Thor in a play in a Thor film, but generally I found his portrayal as an arsehole in Interstellar all too convincing.

Affleck, for his part, got to be in the awesome Sad Ben meme while having to promote a genuinely dogshit film, and The Town was ok, if a bit Mann-lite.

I voted for Damon, who I think is quite charismatic; Affleck is talented behind the camera, but less so in front, plus in real-life he is one of those big guys who live up to the jock-douchebag stereotype, from what I understand.