• Decent

13 20.97%
  • Meh

17 27.42%
  • Terrible

12 19.35%
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't really see that as a problem tbh. The whole "solo hero" thing is a bit old-fashioned IMO
    I guess it's a personal taste thing. In certain respects I'm good with team-ups or sidekicks/proteges/partners but I also prefer self-sufficient, independent heroes.

That and I think being solo is ingrained into the DNA of Spider-Man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it's a personal taste thing. In certain respects I'm good with team-ups or sidekicks/proteges/partners but I also prefer self-sufficient, independent heroes.

That and I think being solo is ingrained into the DNA of Spider-Man.
    Ok. I like small team ups because it shows the benefit of teamwork and cooperation. The solo guy thing always comes off as, idk how to describe it exactly, maybe a bit "macho". It's not something I necessarily care for as much as seeing heroes realize people are interdependent

Astonishing Member

Ok. I like small team ups because it shows the benefit of teamwork and cooperation. The solo guy thing always comes off as, idk how to describe it exactly, maybe a bit "macho". It's not something I necessarily care for as much as seeing heroes realize people are interdependent
    I understand what you're saying but the preference for Peter to work alone has been consistent on this forum.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I understand what you're saying but the preference for Peter to work alone has been consistent on this forum.
    That's true. But I don't thing changing it up a little bit for the MCU is a problem.

I guess I can kind of see where you're coming from but I don't think it necesarilly needs to be applied that way.

Like, Spec Spidey didn't come off as overly macho and he was taking down threats on his own 98% of the time.

Ultimate Member

I guess I can kind of see where you're coming from but I don't think it necesarilly needs to be applied that way.

Like, Spec Spidey didn't come off as overly macho and he was taking down threats on his own 98% of the time.
    It's true, Spidey isn't that macho of a guy (macho is probably the wrong word anyway). I just like the overall idea of people working together, not necessarily even in combat, but at least showing support for one another, instead of the "one man against the world" business

It's true, Spidey isn't that macho of a guy (macho is probably the wrong word anyway). I just like the overall idea of people working together, not necessarily even in combat, but at least showing support for one another, instead of the "one man against the world" business
    I'm not against it but I think it depends on the character/premise to a certain degree.

Ultimate Member

I'm not against it but I think it depends on the character/premise to a certain degree.
    True, some characters can do it more than others

Extraordinary Member

i think the word you are looking for is cocky.Spider-man came of as cool and chill(as in most adaptations when done right).Macho is more like Luke Cage,someone who flexes muscles at bar type.More of a showoff

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    i think the word you are looking for is cocky.Spider-man came of as cool and chill(as in most adaptations when done right).Macho is more like Luke Cage,someone who flexes muscles at bar type.More of a showoff
    Thanks. Cocky seems to be more appropriate. Although there's macho meaning "built up" and macho meaning "unnecessarily aggressive". Maybe there's a better word for that too

Extraordinary Member

I think MCU Peter does have an issue with them infantilizing him because of so much emphasis being put on his age and the active adult figures in his life that you usually don't see with Spider-Man. Not even Ultimate.

I'd like to believe there was a way of integrating him into the MCU without the Iron Man dynamic but so much about MCU Spider-Man has been event-driven by the needs of the MCU rather than the core of the character in my opinion.
    Peter Parker allying himself with MCU Civil War Tony Stark because he is a 15 year old boy who has recently lost his father figure and is (perhaps unconsciously)seeking a mentor figure is more reasonable than 29ish 616 Peter Parker allying himself with 616 Tony Stark because he essentially needed to pay rent.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks. Cocky seems to be more appropriate. Although there's macho meaning "built up" and macho meaning "unnecessarily aggressive". Maybe there's a better word for that too
    Np.Luke is in between for me.He definetly has the built but he also does show-off in the "I know I am doing something cool but I will treat it as normal so you can praise me type"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Peter Parker allying himself with MCU Civil War Tony Stark because he is a 15 year old boy who has recently lost his father figure and is (perhaps unconsciously)seeking a mentor figure is more reasonable than 29ish 616 Peter Parker allying himself with 616 Tony Stark because he essentially needed to pay rent.
    it should have been because he thought that after all the criminals he has fought that is everyone with superpowers registered that more people would be alive at the end of the day.But when he sees how far Tony is taking this with the negative zone prison,clones and hiring super-villans he would leave.Also the identity would never be revealed.Spidey would cop-out last minute

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    it should have been because he thought that after all the criminals he has fought that is everyone with superpowers registered that more people would be alive at the end of the day.But when he sees how far Tony is taking this with the negative zone prison,clones and hiring super-villans he would leave.Also the identity would never be revealed.Spidey would cop-out last minute
    616 Spider Man needed to keep his I.D. secret for so long, for so many reasons (fear that the shock would kill his elderly Aunt, fear that it would destroy his relationship with Gwen who thought Spider Man had murdered her father, fear of getting put in jail for a murder he didn't commit).

I could never buy ANY circumstance where he just puts all that he'd gone through aside.
    Peter knows better than anyone why a hero might want to hide thier ID. If he'd done a better job of keeping it a secret, Gwen Stacy might not have died.

I can see why the MCU Peter Parker joined with Stark. 616 Pete? Other than gratitude for being given a place to live I couldn't buy it. Dude was a poster boy for Identity hiding in comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    616 Spider Man needed to keep his I.D. secret for so long, for so many reasons (fear that the shock would kill his elderly Aunt, fear that it would destroy his relationship with Gwen who thought Spider Man had murdered her father, fear of getting put in jail for a murder he didn't commit).

I could never buy ANY circumstance where he just puts all that he'd gone through aside.
    Peter knows better than anyone why a hero might want to hide thier ID. If he'd done a better job of keeping it a secret, Gwen Stacy might not have died.

I can see why the MCU Peter Parker joined with Stark. 616 Pete? Other than gratitude for being given a place to live I couldn't buy it. Dude was a poster boy for Identity hiding in comics.
    Agreed.Also the fact that peter is still broke as an adult is B.S..Aside from being one of the smartest people on the planet he also has a lot of rich friends who would help him out without using him.