13 20.97%
  • Meh

17 27.42%
  • Terrible

12 19.35%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Going to have to agree with this.I think he was the best Peter but this was one of the things he could do without.
    I dint think he was the best Peter (Garfield), I felt Tobey was because of the high relatable factor, although I blame this Garfield issue on maybe the director or the possible script?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I never got around to seeing it so I'll take your word for it. It doesn't sound like a good look for him. Unless he suffered some kind of consequence for it.
    No. Gist of what happens is Peter admits to Gwen that he's been stalking her and she finds it cute. While I think the relationship was a toxic one (it's established that he's been dumping and reconciling with her on a fairly regular basis and never took her feelings or needs into account at all and they cannot communicate period), it could've been a sympathetic exploration of people struggling to make a healthy relationship. However, the stalking = love thing was pretty bad, esp. since it could've been avoided with deleting a couple lines.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I’m going to probably be in the minority here but to me, Andrew was the best interpretation of the character. He had the feel of Spider-Man down to perfection. The tone of his voice, the line delivery ...everything was on point to me. The movies definitely had issues with them. No denying that. But focusing solely on Andrew himself...he’s Spiderman to me:

Tobey was also extremely good. Had issues with him once the suit went on, but that’s not necessarily his fault. His tone of voice just doesn’t match a high energy character.

While I love Tom the actor....the material he’s given just doesn’t work. The MCU has done such as serious disservice with their interpretation of Spider-Man. Again it’s not a knock on Tom. I love the kid. It’s impossible not to. I just don’t like the MCU interpretation of the character. To me, it’s by far the worst interpretation of the character on screen. Again it’s saved because Tom is an amazing actor but he’s being severely held back by the material.

Again....To me...Andrew just fits the character. That and he just looked to genuinely love playing the role, which translated to him on screen as well.
    Last edited by RD155; 06-01-2021 at 07:05 AM.