View Poll Results: .

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spot on.

    15 28.85%
  • Decent

    11 21.15%
  • Meh

    14 26.92%
  • Terrible

    12 23.08%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 225
  1. #1
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    11

    Default Thoughtsvon Andrew Garfield Spider-Man characterization?

    Your thoughts?
    Edit:Sorry for the typo in the title.

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,315

    Default

    I think he was reasonable, but the movies dragged him down. I'd have liked to see Garfield as the MCU Spider-Man, but I'm glad those movies aren't canon anymore

  3. #3
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    10,076

    Default

    Feel he was much too old at the time to be playing a high schooler. I think he would have been better suited for a college aged Peter Parker.

  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,362

    Default

    He was a better Spider-Man than he was a Peter Parker.

  5. #5
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,689

    Default

    I don't hate Garfield, but those movies were bad. And his Peter was bad.

  6. #6
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Decent, but not spot on. I'll definitely he say he was a much better adaptation of 616 Peter than either Tobey or (especially) Holland. Plus he was also the best actor of the three.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

  7. #7
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    466

    Default

    I like Garfield as an actor, but disliked his Peter Parker. Holland is meh for me. Maguire was decent. None were spot on.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I like Garfield as an actor, but disliked his Peter Parker. Holland is meh for me. Maguire was decent. None were spot on.
    Here is how I rank the Peter’s. 1: Holland. 2: Maguire. 3: Garfield. Although I thought the first two Maguire’s were the best of the lot (especially the second with Molina as Otto). I thought the third one sucked ( a hyperactive Maguire and an atrocious James Franco as Harry were why) which is why I ranked them the way I did. Garfield was the worst of the Peter’s. Without Emma Stone as Gwen the films would have been as bad as TASM 3 or Batman & Robin ( Clooney is still the worst Batman).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 04-17-2021 at 02:07 PM.

  9. #9
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,693

    Default

    Garfield alternated between moody loner and too-cool-for-school, with a few touches of creepy stalked mixed in.

    None of those elements make for a good Spider-man.

    He's easily the worst of the bunch.

  10. #10
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Decent, but not spot on. I'll definitely he say he was a much better adaptation of 616 Peter than either Tobey or (especially) Holland. Plus he was also the best actor of the three.
    He was the best quipper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Garfield alternated between moody loner and too-cool-for-school, with a few touches of creepy stalked mixed in.

    None of those elements make for a good Spider-man.

    He's easily the worst of the bunch.
    Those sounds like good traits for Spider-Man, or at least how he should act (aside from the stalker) bit.

    He just wasn't a good Peter Parker.

  11. #11
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Those sounds like good traits for Spider-Man, or at least how he should act (aside from the stalker) bit.

    He just wasn't a good Peter Parker.
    The romance was awful, but a number of many people seemed to have liked it (up until Gwen dies) because Garfield and Stone looked good making goo goo eyes at each other. The stalking, and trying to play it off as cute, really did paint a really toxic relationship.

  12. #12
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The romance was awful, but a number of many people seemed to have liked it (up until Gwen dies) because Garfield and Stone looked good making goo goo eyes at each other. The stalking, and trying to play it off as cute, really did paint a really toxic relationship.
    Yeah, but like I said, setting aside the stalker part ...

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Feel he was much too old at the time to be playing a high schooler. I think he would have been better suited for a college aged Peter Parker.
    It would be nice to get a Spider-Man in his 30s in the movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but like I said, setting aside the stalker part ...
    Yeah, stalking is not romantic. The sooner the movie industry gets that, the better

  14. #14
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but like I said, setting aside the stalker part ...
    It's kind of hard to ignore.

  15. #15

    Default

    I liked his performance in the first movie. I saw it as a pride before the fall story and I thought it worked. I just saw the Lizard as the movie's weak point. He felt out of place in the movie to me. Although I liked Ifans's performance and the tie-in videogame did something good with Connors.

    Confuzzled made a good point about him being better in College which I agree.

    I forgot about the stalking. Maybe nix that or have it blow up in his face?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •