13 20.97%
  • Meh

17 27.42%
  • Terrible

12 19.35%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the fight with Mysterio was good. Vulture was okay.

No quips though.
    I thought the problem with the MCU was there were too many quips

Nonetheless, the fight with Vulture was nothing great but just ok, considering Vulture has the most basic power set. But Mysterio's action scenes were pretty good

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They still mostly went after Spider-Man. That's more than I can say for Mandarin and Ghost, actual IM villains given to Shang-Chi and Ant-Man/Wasp, respectively, or Ultron, who fought every Avenger except Ant-Man and Wasp, or Baron Zemo, who killed T'Chaka instead of Klaw doing it

I didn't see the need for Mysterio to be connected to Iron Man either. But he still went after Spider-Man in the end
    To be fair, I don't think Vulture went after Spider-Man all that much. Spider-Man came to him in every encounter right?

I'm wondering with Mysterio if the only reason he didn't go directly after Tony is because Tony was dead.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    To be fair, I don't think Vulture went after Spider-Man all that much. Spider-Man came to him in every encounter right?

I'm wondering with Mysterio if the only reason he didn't go directly after Tony is because Tony was dead.
    That's true but it's not like Vulture wanted Spider-Man around. He wanted to keep everything under the radar

As for Mysterio, he probably wouldn't have gone after Tony because Tony would've figured him out, whereas Peter was less familiar with him

I thought the problem with the MCU was there were too many quips
    Yeah, but we're talking about Spider-Man here.
    Nonetheless, the fight with Vulture was nothing great but just ok, considering Vulture has the most basic power set. But Mysterio's action scenes were pretty good
    I don't think basic prevented it from being maybe more dynamic and engaging then it ended up being.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, but we're talking about Spider-Man here.

I don't think basic prevented it from being maybe more dynamic and engaging then it ended up being.
    True, Spider-Man is humorous, and I don't have a problem with it, but it seems many others do. Not all the humor in the MCU is "quips" anyway, so I don't always get why people complain

I agree Vulture could've had a better fight scene with Spidey. I don't get why he came off as less competent in Homecoming than Civil War

I always got the feeling that the heroes were holding back in Civil War, with regard to Spider-Man. Heck, they were all holding back really because this was friend vs friend. But they all figured out Spider-Man was super young pretty quickly.

Spider-Man might have been the one hero in Civil War who fought the hardest. And he still got knocked out!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I always got the feeling that the heroes were holding back in Civil War, with regard to Spider-Man. Heck, they were all holding back really because this was friend vs friend. But they all figured out Spider-Man was super young pretty quickly.

Spider-Man might have been the one hero in Civil War who fought the hardest. And he still got knocked out!
    Well, half of the heroes in Civil War could've taken him out, plus he's not as experienced. But Idk if Vulture necessarily wanted to kill Spider-Man

True, Spider-Man is humorous, and I don't have a problem with it, but it seems many others do. Not all the humor in the MCU is "quips" anyway, so I don't always get why people complain
    But it's part of the characters' identity.

It didn't seem like they were pulling their punches with him compared to each other. Like, Bucky tried to metal punch him only to get his arm caught. I forget if Sam actually shot him with bullets but he did sick Redwing after him.

Well, half of the heroes in Civil War could've taken him out, plus he's not as experienced. But Idk if Vulture necessarily wanted to kill Spider-Man
    Keaton played the Vulture so well, to give us this kind of doubt. I agree, Vulture never was completely committed to killing Spider-Man.

Keaton played the Vulture so well, to give us this kind of doubt. I agree, Vulture never was completely committed to killing Spider-Man.
    I dunno, the final fight I think he was totally trying to kill him. I don't think he was all that bothered by whether Peter got out of that rubble (and he almost didn't).

Less sure about the ship fight.

Ultimate Member

But it's part of the characters' identity.

It didn't seem like they were pulling their punches with him compared to each other. Like, Bucky tried to metal punch him only to get his arm caught. I forget if Sam actually shot him with bullets but he did sick Redwing after him.
    I agree. He should be humorous. I think most of the moments he was fighting the villains were fairly serious moments though.

I don't think Sam used any bullets in that fight

I think during the last fight he was trying to incapacitate, but not kill, Peter. I'm honestly surprised they did so well with Vulture of all villains

I dunno, the final fight I think he was totally trying to kill him. I don't think he was all that bothered by whether Peter got out of that rubble (and he almost didn't).

Less sure about the ship fight.
    There were lots of attempted killing blows being made during their fights, so I see your point. Vulture might not have thought Peter would survive having the roof dropped on him.

My reasoning is essentially based on the dad talk. It was established that he saw hurting Peter as something that would hurt Liz. In subsequent fights he did have chances to kill Peter outright but still didn't.

All-New Member

Love his performance! I think that Andrew Garfield was the perfect Steve Ditko Spider-Man – skinny, angular, tortured; Toby Maguire is the perfect John Romita Sr. Spidey - handsome, romantic, confident and Tom Holland is the perfect Mark Bagley Spidey - young, energetic, sympathetic.

There were lots of attempted killing blows being made during their fights, so I see your point. Vulture might not have thought Peter would survive having the roof dropped on him.

My reasoning is essentially based on the dad talk. It was established that he saw hurting Peter as something that would hurt Liz. In subsequent fights he did have chances to kill Peter outright but still didn't.
    He gave Peter his out to just stay at the dance after threatening him and everyone he loved (aside from Liz). The fact that he had Shocker in reserve to take him out shows he wasn't confident Peter would stop.

Well, the fight with Mysterio was good. Vulture was okay.

No quips though.
    Neither did the original movies.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)