Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Captain Marvel in Children of the Atom #2

I just want to remind everyone including any Marvel staffers ghosting this board... Carol Danvers has a long-standing friendship with Charles Xavier, Wolverine, and the X-men. The X-Men were very kind to Carol at a time when the Avengers had turned their backs on her.

Yeah but then they used her that for that scene with Emma and so most X-Men fans hate her...

I wonder why none of the writers of her solo wanted to explore those connections so modern x-books could draw on them. Especially if they claimed to LOVE carol.

Though kelly sue did have roguje come in during her run and explained her powers. I appreciated that. But obvs carol fans who loved her so much and wrote her didn't appreciate that time in her life. I have often wondered and was in disbelief about the same thing. No carol writer remembered her past with mutants and had her show up.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-17-2021 at 03:41 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Pfft nobody remembers anything that happened in X men before 2018, not even the characters

Ultimate Member

Probably a remnant of the division between the Avengers and X-Men sides from the 00s/10s

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I just want to remind everyone including any Marvel staffers ghosting this board... Carol Danvers has a long-standing friendship with Charles Xavier, Wolverine, and the X-men. The X-Men were very kind to Carol at a time when the Avengers had turned their backs on her.
    The problem is that as been a not rational trend to some x-men fans hate on avengers for nothing. Carol was almost a x-men back then. Doctor Strange protected some mutants from wanda spell and let Scott, Emma and Wolverine keep their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The problem is that as been a not rational trend to some x-men fans hate on avengers for nothing. Carol was almost a x-men back then. Doctor Strange protected some mutants from wanda spell and let Scott, Emma and Wolverine keep their powers.
    But her writers, all of which said they loved carol and respected her didn't show that in current books. Is it on new fans to go look for those old books and then assume she feels the same? Carol doesn't have one mutant story in her book since civil war, i been reading, despite being part of the laws that effected them. It's safe to say her opinions have changed based on her own books.

Oh no i'm sorry now she is in a dystopian mutant future she just left where Namor banged the enchantress. So you can't tell stories involving mutants but you can.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the op is right. vita just doesn't appear to write stories without creating forced conflict. there was no need for such hostilities between the heroes.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

This is the same Marvel that has all the Avengers having a Royal Rumble for the Phoenix after the Avengers attacked the X-Men, almost destroyed the world and blamed Scott because the Phoenix wanted to repower mutants.

Astonishing Member

Considering how Mystique* has tormented her in the past, Carol was remarkably restrained

*Mystique, caring about children. Please, I have a convenient waterfall to sell you

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But her writers, all of which said they loved carol and respected her didn't show that in current books. Is it on new fans to go look for those old books and then assume she feels the same? Carol doesn't have one mutant story in her book since civil war, i been reading, despite being part of the laws that effected them. It's safe to say her opinions have changed based on her own books.
    Rogue was on captain marvel book. That is more than enough

----
    The problem is not what she said on the comic, the problem is that the art mkes her look mad over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is the same Marvel that has all the Avengers having a Royal Rumble for the Phoenix after the Avengers attacked the X-Men, almost destroyed the world and blamed Scott because the Phoenix wanted to repower mutants.
    phoenix trapped them, it was fight between theirselves or she would power up Doom or Namor

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Pfft nobody remembers anything that happened in X men before 2018, not even the characters
    LOL! #truth!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Considering how Mystique* has tormented her in the past, Carol was remarkably restrained

*Mystique, caring about children. Please, I have a convenient waterfall to sell you
    Mystique killed Carol’s boyfriend simply because he was Carol’s boyfriend. And innocent guy.

If I were Carol I wouldn’t be friendly here either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah but then they used her that for that scene with Emma and so most X-Men fans hate her...
    When was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    When was this?
    After bus explosion in Nes X-Men
    GrindrStone(D)