Default Will Aliens Dies from Corona Virus If They Invade Earth

My brother saw and read a joke to me on one of the joke websites he follows
    Question: "How will your country fight invading aliens?"
    One Answer: "I live in Australia, they wouldn't dare"

The thought of spiders and other things reminded me of that famous ending of War of the Worlds of aliens dying from germs, and I asked him the question to which he replied "Dunno".

What do you think? Will aliens die? Will they vaccinate us? What will happen?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

If they're smart enough to handle interstellar travel, I'd like to think they're smart enough to handle "no germs please" and wear masks to protect themselves.

War of the Worlds covered the Martian hubris pretty well, but it's much more likely they bring something that would wipe us out, not unlike the folks who colonized parts of the globe centuries ago.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If they're smart enough to handle interstellar travel, I'd like to think they're smart enough to handle "no germs please" and wear masks to protect themselves.
    Well, the E.T.'s from Signs weren't smart enough to protect themselves from wood and water, so anything's possible.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

My windows PC can't talk to my wife's iPad. But in Independence Day the Aliens' computers had no firewall against a MacBook, but had wifi for it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Bold of you to assume Aliens have the same biology as us and suffer from the same diseases.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, the E.T.'s from Signs weren't smart enough to protect themselves from wood and water, so anything's possible.
    In their defense, all beings aren't typically very self-aware in M. Night movies by design.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

iMan 42s

Any being who can go from planet to planet would have to know that they could be affected by or bring disease. It's an argument to be made as to why an alien lifeform wouldn't make or at least make direct contact with us since so much can go wrong with a plague from another star system on either side. Needless to say that if it can make direct contact it's either unaffected by or has a cure for Earthen ailments but that's a lot of information even if your able to jump from world to world. And if they ignore that it's a massive health risk.

You know how the dumbasses in the Alien prequels took off their helmets? Yeah no self-respecting person or anyone with self-preservation instincts would do that because your talking about an alien ecosystem that you have no idea what it'd do to you if you so much as breathed in it. At the very least they'd go to areas which most resembled home because you just can't risk getting sick so far away and it'd be close enough if you could land. And even then you don't want to just kill all life with alien disease since it defeats the point of meeting these new civilizations.

I think you'd probably get a drone or a different sort of organism since physical aliens would be a really bad idea.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

No, their biology would be too different. (this assuming that a species advanced enough for interstellar travel would still be biological in nature).

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Bold of you to assume Aliens have the same biology as us and suffer from the same diseases.
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    No, their biology would be too different. (this assuming that a species advanced enough for interstellar travel would still be biological in nature).
    The Nations Of The Americias were human, and sicknesses of Europeans ripped a hole in them. Who knows what our myriad cooties might do to an extraterrestrial species.

As for the invaders, they should know better, but grasping characters never do. Ambition is self-destructive.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    And yet the (admittedly Earth-grown but still extraterrestrial) aliens in Evolution were defeated by a selenium-based shampoo.

If corona viruses can't take down ETs sonething else will.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

It won't come to that. We'll simply show them the director's cut of Batman and Robin, and they'll flee in horror.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The only virus aliens will be susceptible to are computer viruses designed on Apple computers.

Sadly, they'll be coming to party, not invade. We'll murder them, anyway.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Nope they won't die and the defeat of the aliens in War of the Worlds, as fun a story as that is, is a big fantastical hunk of poop. The transfer of diseases from the Old World to the New World is not even applicable, a bad analogy.

How do I know that? Because I can have a cold and go cough in a giraffe's face and nothing happens to it. Swim in the ocean with the flu and all the whales are fine. Watch my cat go through a horrible debilitating virus and have no worry of catching it.

Fact is, even in the life forms here on earth its exceedingly rare for diseases to be transferable from one species to another species. There is no way aliens from another world will be more susceptible to our diseases than the native animals are here on earth.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.