I know its odd talking new comics on a Sunday but that's when DC had its new digital series Infinite Frontier: Secret Files come out, which will be collected in a print one-shot come June. But its out now in Digital and I want a place to talk about it, so much like Next Batman: Second Son I just started a Digital series discussion thread, because the way I see since it clearly says digital if you want to wait for the one-shot in June then you have ample warning to avoid spoilers here.

Alright well with that out of the way, issue 1 is out today, written by Brandon Thomas & Joshua Williamson (who I assume is on all of the stories because of Infinite Frontier being his thing), and if you were hoping for some big connection to Darksied or the mysteries of the omniverse.....well you are out of luck. Because this is a secret files it does what most secret files issues have done in the past, character introduction. Basically Williamson and everyone else in this series feel to be just getting you into the characters who will be part of the big main event come June but that is not necessarily a bad thing considering that some people may not know President Superman or Alan Scott and his Kids.

This first issue is focused on Calvin Ellis aka President Superman, and basically its a really good Superman story focusing on the issues that Calvin has to deal with in terms of all his responsibilities as Superman of Earth-23, Superman of the Justice Incarnate, and President of the United States. He's got a lot to take on and because of certain shenanigans it's just him with no one able to cover for him. However its not as if we see him succumb to the struggle and lose his cool, at the end of the day Calvin is as Superman as Clark is, so he does his best to make time for everyone, even finding a lost dog for a child. You also get to see how he gets around it because he's smart and resourceful, not to mention he has his coping mechanisms. Honestly its a great Calvin story and also a good introduction if you a newer reader of Calvin.

I also want to praise the art, because Valentine De Landro makes it feels like classic superman and really works with the more quirky world that Calvin lives in considering his connection to the multiverse.

Overall a good start and I'm looking forward to the Ray Harper issue that is coming next.