Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, I agree totally with that, hence the "accidentally" at the start.

Doesn't change the fact that Bones was the cause of Sylvester's death when all was said and done.
    Probably why he hung up the cape for a suit and tie
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Probably why he hung up the cape for a suit and tie
    Well, that outfit was a bit pretentious with the collared cape and such.

And he seemed to be "borrowing" the costume of a popular Golden Age hero (not originally published by DC):

Well, that outfit was a bit pretentious with the collared cape and such.

And he seemed to be "borrowing" the costume of a popular Golden Age hero (not originally published by DC):
    I mean it was McFarlane on art, that guy is known for crazy long flowing capes. It just happens with that man.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well, this is depressing. I bought #6, but something hiccupped: now the app is stuck in a mode where it's offering to let me buy the issue for $1.99 instead of offering to let me download it; and if I do try to buy it again, I'm told that I can't, because I've already bought it. Which is true, but doesn't fix the first problem. What to do?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Well, this is depressing. I bought #6, but something hiccupped: now the app is stuck in a mode where it's offering to let me buy the issue for $1.99 instead of offering to let me download it; and if I do try to buy it again, I'm told that I can't, because I've already bought it. Which is true, but doesn't fix the first problem. What to do?
    Try again later?

(I know when I have hiccups, a spoon full of sugar helps to handle them, but I don't think that will work in this case.)

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    None of the featured characters would have been familiar to a reader that hadn’t been reading for ten years or more. That might be okay for us because we know who they are, but for new readers they’re important. They also help a lot in removing the need for a lot of exposition in the main series.
    Well I have been reading for more than ten years and as I said I had no idea who this Bones guy was. I can easily imagine someone not being familiar with Jade/Obsidian (or even Alan) too if he didn't read JSA and some GL stories.

Try again later?

(I know when I have hiccups, a spoon full of sugar helps to handle them, but I don't think that will work in this case.)
    It's already “later”; I made the purchase late last night, and the problem's still there.
    Rogue wears rouge.

It's already “later”; I made the purchase late last night, and the problem's still there.
    Okay then you should really contact someone about this if you haven’t already. Email, phone call, whatever works
    Words to live by.

Are you buying on comiXology and using the comiXology app?

I have a Comixology account; though the last time I checked it directly, there was something weird going on with it. This particular problem cropped up in the DC Comics app.

And for the record, I have had no other problems before or since.

One thing that was different about this one purchase was that I forgot that my payment method was still tied to a defunct credit card. I updated the card as soon as it alerted me of the problem, and the payment went through on the new card; but the system hiccupped and locked me out of actually downloading what I paid for.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 06-29-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I have a Comixology account; though the last time I checked it directly, there was something weird going on with it. This particular problem cropped up in the DC Comics app.

And for the record, I have had no other problems before or since.

One thing that was different about this one purchase was that I forgot that my payment method was still tied to a defunct credit card. I updated the card as soon as it alerted me of the problem, and the payment went through on the new card; but the system hiccupped and locked me out of actually downloading what I paid for.
    The DC app is either done or on its way out. Maybe try the comiXology app? There’s also the option of reading on the comiXology site itself though the interface isn’t as good.

For some reason, the Comixology app won't send me a password reminder; when I try, I just get an endless series of challenges.

And again, I don't have any problem with the DC Comics app; just with this one purchase.
    Rogue wears rouge.

For some reason, the Comixology app won't send me a password reminder; when I try, I just get an endless series of challenges.

And again, I don't have any problem with the DC Comics app; just with this one purchase.
    I’ve had similar problems with the comiXology app but not since I started logging onto the app through Amazon. Just spitballing. If it’s just that one issue, do you have another device you can try? Or can you access it through the actual comixology site? I swear I don’t work for them.

But you may want to find another option since it was recently reported that the DC app you’ve been using is going to be shut down soon.

Still not a fan of the Totality lineup. I would swap out Savage for a someone like Vibe. A character whose powers directly deal with the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Still not a fan of the Totality lineup. I would swap out Savage for a someone like Vibe. A character whose powers directly deal with the multiverse.
    When was the last time we saw Vibe...?