Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Redesign the X-men

Here's a thread where we can post our on X-men redesigns for the Krakoan era
    Share your concepts of what you think your favorites should look like.
    Last edited by Factor; 12-02-2023 at 09:39 PM.

I'll start with a quick sketch I made for what I hoped would be Rogue's new X-men costume.
    I was disappointed to see they just reused the 90s costume again and took no inspiration from Dauterman's incredible Gala design.
    So I created something inspired by Dauterman, but mixing it with my favorite elements from the Chris Bachalo design and adding a recolor of the 90s bodysuit underneath.

20210418_145725.jpg
    Last edited by Factor; 04-18-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Incredible Member

DEEEAC5F-8D8B-448E-A05A-06AD2456ABC0.jpg i’ve done this new look for betsy

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'll start with a quick sketch I made for what I hoped would be Rogue's new X-men costume.
    I was disappointed to see they just reused the 90s costume again and took no inspiration from Dauterman's incredible Gala design.
    So I created something inspired by Dauterman, but mixing it with my favorite elements from the Chris Bachalo design and adding a recolor of the 90s bodysuit underneath.

20210418_145725.jpg
    I love this! Simple, stylish and very Rogue.

I made some designs for this new era.

Betsy and Kwannon on the same team:
    kwannon-betsy.jpg

or Betsy still as Captain Britain in a new Excalibur book with Rachel and Meggan:
    Excalibur.jpg
    A picture would last longer darling...

That looks nice Factor!

Personally I kinda want Rogue in a non-green costume again. Especially if Jean and Polaris are using so much in their uniforms.

A red or maroon variant of this costume would be <3 as a bit of a call back to her X-Treme uniform.

not my art, unfortunately the link I followed did not give the artists name, though they are recognizable concept art...

Saving a spot because I have a few of those.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

kwannon-betsy.jpg

or Betsy still as Captain Britain in a new Excalibur book with Rachel and Meggan:
    Excalibur.jpg
    I. Am. Loving. These.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    DEEEAC5F-8D8B-448E-A05A-06AD2456ABC0.jpg i’ve done this new look for betsy
    That's pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I love this! Simple, stylish and very Rogue.
    Thank you! I really wanted it to feel like a natural progression from her classic looks.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

kwannon-betsy.jpg

Excalibur.jpg
    Love your Kwannon!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    That looks nice Factor!

Personally I kinda want Rogue in a non-green costume again. Especially if Jean and Polaris are using so much in their uniforms.
    Thanks! I picked green because I wanted to use her most iconic color, but I also love her X-treme era.

Here's another design I created today. This time it's Synch.
    He was significantly harder to design because he has 3 costumes that I know of, 2 of them being Gen X costumes that the whole class wore and 1 is the most recent one, which is also a pretty generic "yellow X" design. So he doesn't really have a look of his own with recognizable elements like Rogue does.
    Let me know what you guys think:

20210418_192929.jpg

That's pretty cool
    Here's another design I created today. This time it's Synch.
    He was significantly harder to design because he has 3 costumes that I know of, 2 of them being Gen X costumes that the whole class wore and 1 is the most recent one, which is also a pretty generic "yellow X" design. So he doesn't really have a look of his own with recognizable elements like Rogue does.
    Let me know what you guys think:

20210418_192929.jpg
    Reminds me of Angel from Chuck Austen's UXM run.

Ediy: BTW, how do you picture your Rogue's design shoes?
    Last edited by Alex.; 04-18-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Reminds me of Angel from Chuck Austen's UXM run.
    Ouch! LOL. But I guess the color is similar

Ediy: BTW, how do you picture your Rogue's design shoes?
    I pictured something like her 80s shoes, but I'm not terribly happy with how they turned out, so I cropped the picture.

20210418_200350.jpg

Ouch! LOL. But I guess the color is similar

I pictured something like her 80s shoes, but I'm not terribly happy with how they turned out, so I cropped the picture.

20210418_200350.jpg
    I wasn't throwing shade at you LOL I love that Angel costume. Probably the only good thing that came out of his run as far as I remember.

Interesting choice of shoes. I'm doing my rendition of your design if you don't mind. Just drawing and enjoying some music.

My talentless and butt-ugly Jean Grey redesign, I also updated her codename.

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I wasn't throwing shade at you LOL I love that Angel costume. Probably the only good thing that came out of his run as far as I remember.

Interesting choice of shoes. I'm doing my rendition of your design if you don't mind. Just drawing and enjoying some music.
    Hahaha no problem. I automatically think anything regarding that run is bad.
    And feel free to draw the design! I'm excited to see your take on it

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    My talentless and butt-ugly Jean Grey redesign, I also updated her codename.
    The thing that kills me about this is that it this is more interesting than what she's currently wearing tin the official comics lmao

Hahaha no problem. I automatically think anything regarding that run is bad.
    And feel free to draw the design! I'm excited to see your take on it
    Austen run had a few good things. Like the sweetest X-cover is from his run.

And as promised, here's my rendition of your Rogue design with some flat colors to add some life:

I took a few liberties here, like keeping her waves. Overall it's a strong design and I'd only change the dark gray on the outfit since it looks too similar to Monet.