Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I've got a bunch of micro hero redesigns, but here's my most recent:

Jean Grey inspired by the SWORD redesigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    The thing that kills me about this is that it this is more interesting than what she's currently wearing tin the official comics lmao

Austen run had a few good things. Like the sweetest X-cover is from his run.

And as promised, here's my rendition of your Rogue design with some flat colors to add some life:

I took a few liberties here, like keeping her waves. Overall it's a strong design and I'd only change the dark gray on the outfit since it looks too similar to Monet.
    This STUNNING. Good work, both of you.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

Here's another design I created today. This time it's Synch.
    He was significantly harder to design because he has 3 costumes that I know of, 2 of them being Gen X costumes that the whole class wore and 1 is the most recent one, which is also a pretty generic "yellow X" design. So he doesn't really have a look of his own with recognizable elements like Rogue does.
    Let me know what you guys think:

Attachment 108616
    I like the idea of keeping him in red to add color variety to the team. Great work y’all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    My talentless and butt-ugly Jean Grey redesign, I also updated her codename.

NAILED IT! So much better than the current design.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    That looks nice Factor!

Personally I kinda want Rogue in a non-green costume again. Especially if Jean and Polaris are using so much in their uniforms.

A red or maroon variant of this costume would be <3 as a bit of a call back to her X-Treme uniform.

not my art, unfortunately the link I followed did not give the artists name, though they are recognizable concept art...
    That's from Lucas Werneck who's going to be contributing to X-Men 21. He did these redesigns:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuC10oFlAsB/

And then eventually turned them into his own MCU fan art!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'll start with a quick sketch I made for what I hoped would be Rogue's new X-men costume.
    I was disappointed to see they just reused the 90s costume again and took no inspiration from Dauterman's incredible Gala design.
    So I created something inspired by Dauterman, but mixing it with my favorite elements from the Chris Bachalo design and adding a recolor of the 90s bodysuit underneath.

Attachment 108605
    Your design is really good! A lot of signature "Rogue" elements tastefully tied together!!

And as promised, here's my rendition of your Rogue design with some flat colors to add some life:

I took a few liberties here, like keeping her waves. Overall it's a strong design and I'd only change the dark gray on the outfit since it looks too similar to Monet.
    Wow, I'm getting David Aja vibes!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    That's from Lucas Werneck who's going to be contributing to X-Men 21. He did these redesigns
    Thank you! I knew I recognized the art style from somewhere.

Anyway I attempted (badly, this my first attempt at color editing) to edit Werneck's concept desgin. I actually wanted red but somehow ended up with maroon... Which I guess is fine? Rogue and Gambit can switch costume colors for awhile and it looks kinda nice lol.

Speaking of which.

by Peter Nguyen

Yes.

If Rogue ever really used Simon's energy signature, the maroon and pink would actually go along with it, instead of contrast badly whenever she wears green.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 04-19-2021 at 04:27 AM.

The thing that kills me about this is that it this is more interesting than what she's currently wearing tin the official comics lmao

Wow I absolutely love this! You're crazy talented!
    Did you draw it digitally?

My Marvel Woman redesign using Dodson as template

Last edited by Daedra; 04-19-2021 at 01:37 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Thank you! I knew I recognized the art style from somewhere.

Anyway I attempted (badly, this my first attempt at color editing) to edit Werneck's concept desgin. I actually wanted red but somehow ended up with maroon... Which I guess is fine? Rogue and Gambit can switch costume colors for awhile and it looks kinda nice lol.

Speaking of which.

by Peter Nguyen

Yes.

If Rogue ever really used Simon's energy signature, the maroon and pink would actually go along with it, instead of contrast badly whenever she wears green.
    I love Lucas Werneck's designs and am glad he's going to contribute to the Gala issue. He was also one of the artists on X-Men Empyre if I recall correctly.

And the amount of X-art (and the quality of) Peter Nguyen has produced over the years is amazing, I'm shocked the X-editors have never asked him to contribute to a book.

omg yes Nguyen should be on a regular title. Though considering how fast-paced some titles come out, maybe he doesn't want the pressure?

But I would totally welcome him designing some costumes. He really should showed some ingenuity with the costume couple switch theme.

loving the designs. heres one i did today. synch, polaris, rogue

xmen2021oo.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I look forward to contributing to this later! I had done a Polaris re-design a couple years back. I think Jean might be the one that gives me the most issues however.

I really like Werneck's take on all the X-Men. Clean silhouettes, modern take on classic costumes. Definitely what I expect from the MCU.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Oh my gosh....This is amazing. you guys rocked. the concept and execution are flawless! Would love to see Rogue in this. She always looks good in a ponytail. I love to draw but I cannot draw digital. Wish I knew how to do it to adapt my Betsy and Kwannon concepts to a comic book style like yours.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I made some designs for this new era.

Betsy and Kwannon on the same team:
    Attachment 108610
    Really loving this! Makes Betsy a but more like her old day, reminding me of Revanche look and Kwannon looks like a ninja more than ever before and how it should be. I would be happy if they would both get these costumes.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Really loving this! Makes Betsy a but more like her old day, reminding me of Revanche look and Kwannon looks like a ninja more than ever before and how it should be. I would be happy if they would both get these costumes.
    Thank you. I really think their differences should be accentuated and praised. Kwannon is the Ninja assassin and Betsy the warrior princess. For Betsy I tried to put it elements of the Outback armor, the pink outfit and the Disassembled one.
    A picture would last longer darling...