Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Shin Godzilla (2016) vs Kong (Monsterverse)

Could this be a good fight?

If it's too one-sided, Kong get's the axe.

In a bizarre twist, Shin might be better off using his flame attack instead of full on atomic blasting.

It still has absurd range, decent damage and cant get blocked or absorbed by the axe in the same way.

I'm not sure Shin is smart enough to do this though. With a Big Monke heading his way, it will probably just go straight to laser blasts. Shin showed in its second fight against the miliary that it could go straight to lasers.

If Shin DOES go with a beam assault, Kong can turtle behind the axe. It showed it could draw radiation into it - so even adjusting his head for a different angle wouldn't help. When Kong struck Legendary Godzilla's head, it redirected the beam into itself the whole way.

My gut reaction is that Shin goes for the kill shot - Kong turtles - Shin runs out of power and then Kong mauls him in CQC.

It's a tricky fight though. Shin has some options, I'm just not sure it would use them
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    In a bizarre twist, Shin might be better off using his flame attack instead of full on atomic blasting.

It still has absurd range, decent damage and cant get blocked or absorbed by the axe in the same way.

I'm not sure Shin is smart enough to do this though. With a Big Monke heading his way, it will probably just go straight to laser blasts. Shin showed in its second fight against the miliary that it could go straight to lasers.

If Shin DOES go with a beam assault, Kong can turtle behind the axe. It showed it could draw radiation into it - so even adjusting his head for a different angle wouldn't help. When Kong struck Legendary Godzilla's head, it redirected the beam into itself the whole way.

My gut reaction is that Shin goes for the kill shot - Kong turtles - Shin runs out of power and then Kong mauls him in CQC.

It's a tricky fight though. Shin has some options, I'm just not sure it would use them
    I don't see the axe as a full defense against Shin, who is all about beam spam. Even if Shin plays dumb and fires his mouth at Kong directly he should be using his tail to fire at a different angle hitting Kong some where else so he can't block both, not to mention his plate beams that he could use. Good call on the fire too.

If Kong fought Shin in just a melee fight then he'd win everytime, but I don't see that ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I don't see the axe as a full defense against Shin, who is all about beam spam. Even if Shin plays dumb and fires his mouth at Kong directly he should be using his tail to fire at a different angle hitting Kong some where else so he can't block both, not to mention his plate beams that he could use. Good call on the fire too.

If Kong fought Shin in just a melee fight then he'd win everytime, but I don't see that ever happening.
    If they are standing far away from each other, probably the mouth and tail beams would simultaneously get drawn into the axe.

If they are closer together, Kong is fast enough and durable enough that if the axe blocks I dunno... 80% and he is briefly exposed to 20% of the beam(s), then he may still be able to tank his way up close and cut Shin down. The electrical charge of Las Vegas for a week just sets the dudes heart straight after all. He isn't squishy. And he is very fast

Fire is the biggest problem. No good answer for that. Just not sure Shin would use it. The drones weren't a real threat against him but he went full atomic against them.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I guess my argument is simple. The axe head is smaller, and didn't Godzilla specifically have to hit it to charge it up/Kong have to block the beam directly?

Sihn's Beam Spam seemingly gets around this very narrow stipulation quite easily.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I guess my argument is simple. The axe head is smaller, and didn't Godzilla specifically have to hit it to charge it up/Kong have to block the beam directly?

Sihn's Beam Spam seemingly gets around this very narrow stipulation quite easily.
    If we are saying the axe doesn't draw the beam into itself then yeah, Shin carves him up pretty quickly.

I'm really only basing my argument that it can draw the radiation away based on the scene where Kong overhand swings the thing onto Godzilla's head.

He makes pretty significant repositions of the axe but the beam seems to track directly on the blade during the whole exchange.

If we AREN'T saying that's a thing the axe can do and it was just Legendary Godzilla being dumb and shooting it instead of Kong, then yes. Shin wins.
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

If we AREN'T saying that's a thing the axe can do and it was just Legendary Godzilla being dumb and shooting it instead of Kong, then yes. Shin wins.
    I didn't take any implication that the axe could do that when I watched it...

Looking at the scene when they fought in Hong Kong, it seems like Godzilla is just shooting at the axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Looking at the scene when they fought in Hong Kong, it seems like Godzilla is just shooting at the axe.
    Then Shin should definitely take this.
    - big_adventure

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'm not sure Shin is smart enough to do this though.
    Characters in the movie seem convinced that Shin is pretty smart, and doing things like intentionally targetting planes. That was never really the interpretation I had of those scenes, but the movie seems to think so.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Doesn't shin have like an array of lasers? He'd definitely carve Kong up if the axe doesn't magnetucally absorb the beam, which I don't think we're actually shown it does despite that one shot.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

If we are saying the axe doesn't draw the beam into itself then yeah, Shin carves him up pretty quickly.

I'm really only basing my argument that it can draw the radiation away based on the scene where Kong overhand swings the thing onto Godzilla's head.

He makes pretty significant repositions of the axe but the beam seems to track directly on the blade during the whole exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

It's also a specific plot point in the MechaKevin fight.

Like, Godzilla sees the axe, remembers it can hold a radioactive charge and specifically aims his atomic breath at it.

It's the main gripe I have with the movie, really.

The Hong Kong fight was him being written poorly to give Kong a chance. He could've just lit the monkey up.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's also a specific plot point in the MechaKevin fight.

Like, Godzilla sees the axe, remembers it can hold a radioactive charge and specifically aims his atomic breath at it.

It's the main gripe I have with the movie, really.

The Hong Kong fight was him being written poorly to give Kong a chance. He could've just lit the monkey up.
    I think he wasn't really trying to get Kong until he started spamming the beam. He was trying to find MechaGodzilla and Kong was just in the way. That's why he didn't even kill Kong when he had the chance later.

In other words, CIS, not PIS.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I think he wasn't really trying to get Kong until he started spamming the beam. He was trying to find MechaGodzilla and Kong was just in the way. That's why he didn't even kill Kong when he had the chance later.

In other words, CIS, not PIS.
    Even that is a stretch. He was straight up going to drown Kong when they first met. Him playing with him, while gratifying, and flexing on him in Hong Kong instead of just bodying him from jump was more than simply CIS.

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

The only time Godzilla aimed for the Axe was during the Mechagodzilla fight. Every other time, Kong was moving the Axe in front of the beam

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The only time Godzilla aimed for the Axe was during the Mechagodzilla fight. Every other time, Kong was moving the Axe in front of the beam
    Incorrect, in their battle in Hong Kong, Godzilla shoots at Kong who is running towards him, Kong initially blocks with the axe but then proceeds to jump and swing it in an overhand chopping motion and Godzilla just continues to aim at the axe for no real reason rather than focus fire on the big monkey holding it.