Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is DC Ending

Geez, you have ALL been played. DC ending? Impossible: DC has never existed!! It was all a gag by Charleston Comics and you fell for it! LOL!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Geez, you have ALL been played. DC ending? Impossible: DC has never existed!! It was all a gag by Charleston Comics and you fell for it! LOL!
    I'm getting it now. DC was all a front so Charlton could refurbish their heroes as the Watchmen and claim bi-unversal dominance. I am in awe and loaded with begrudging admiration.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

DC ending? Guess it was bound to happen.

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Happens in the final issue of Batman Fortnite. Big key book, order tons.

Mighty Member

Wasn't dc solicits suppose to come Last week

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Wasn't dc solicits suppose to come Last week
    I don't think there's a law or formal ruling that states they MUST be posted by a certain time every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Everything but Batman will be ending.
    THIS! It will all be Batman Titles.
    Batman and the Justice League
    Batman and the Teen Titans
    Batman and the World's Finest, featuring BATMAN
    Batman and Wonder Woman
    Batman and Superman
    Batman and Action Comics
    Batman and Batman
    Etc....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    what happens? link

Extraordinary Member

what happens? link
    While I am hoping the final issue has a big reveal for the Fortnite story, it won't have anything to do with DC being canceled that I know of. But IF DC was getting canceled, that would be the perfect place for it to happen.

But I have not seen any link to any place where anyone has any information about DC being canceled at all. Tom Taylor says he has a big DC announcement for Wednesday though, so solicits will be after that.

Mighty Member

Ah yes, DC decided to call it quits. Van Scier made a video addressed to DC where he just said "Your Mum!" And it burnt DC so bad they decided to call it quits.
    I just got off the phone to Marvel and they said that Mr Marvel himself is sweating in case they get a video addressed to them.
    Regardless, that's it for DC. No more DC.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    DC traditionally hasn't released their solicitations until the third week of the month...which would mean this week.
    No it doesn't. It means last week - Friday last week was the 16th i.e. the third Friday of the month. DC's are late, Marvel's are due on Thursday.

Person in charge of solicits was sacked two months ago? That's probably why they're late then, considering they were late last month too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I heard that DC and Marvel were making out in the closet making babies and then a baby fell out and the baby looked at me!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I heard that DC and Marvel were making out in the closet making babies and then a baby fell out and the baby looked at me!
    I heard Marvel said DC will crack any minute purple monkey dishwasher.

what happens? link
    Look up above your head. See that joke up there?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Here's where I get confused. The joke that batman Fortnite comes out bi-weekly should be obvious, but I haven't seen it.

Have I missed the joke, ot is the joke somehow not being appreciated as much as it deserves?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Here's where I get confused. The joke that batman Fortnite comes out bi-weekly should be obvious, but I haven't seen it.

Have I missed the joke, ot is the joke somehow not being appreciated as much as it deserves?
    Nah, the book does happen to come out July 6th, and it depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, but (for anyone not familiar with the Fortnite game/story) the island is stuck in a loop that has caused some crazy sci fi, reality warping stuff to go on. The kind of thing that maybe could blink away DC.

Or, it is canon in Marvel that the Fortnite reality exists and characters have visited there. Plenty of other licensed characters have been there including Aliens, Predator and Snake Eyes. Let's say DC was going to hand off publishing of its characters to Marvel or IDW, there could be the means to link them.

But there was no big joke no one got, it was just on theme with people throwing wild ideas into the mix.