Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Fight wise, I am hoping they start at Cap v Winter Soldier fight in the street and build from there.
    Surprisingly alot of the more CGI heavy action set pieces have some of the best choreography. TWS had some real good stuff and some stuff that was cut up. Civil War same boat. Though I loved the Cap and Bucky vs Ironman fight. When they are tossing the sheild back and forth. Cuts are fine imo. I don't need everything to be long takes. As long as it isn't choppy(The only time something was ever choppy in the MCU to the point that it bothered me was Black Widow at the beginning of Civil War. That whole sequence had a bunch of other action scenes filmed really well. They just did a bunch of cuts on Widow to the point it didn't feel fluid.)

As far as the Rings. I hope they basically make Mandarin a Bendrr on steroids. And when he using a different ring power he uses a different Martail art from similar to Avatar. That would be cool. But the way he's using the rings already looks better visually then just some rings on his fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Surprisingly alot of the more CGI heavy action set pieces have some of the best choreography. TWS had some real good stuff and some stuff that was cut up. Civil War same boat. Though I loved the Cap and Bucky vs Ironman fight. When they are tossing the sheild back and forth. Cuts are fine imo. I don't need everything to be long takes. As long as it isn't choppy(The only time something was ever choppy in the MCU to the point that it bothered me was Black Widow at the beginning of Civil War. That whole sequence had a bunch of other action scenes filmed really well. They just did a bunch of cuts on Widow to the point it didn't feel fluid.)

As far as the Rings. I hope they basically make Mandarin a Bendrr on steroids. And when he using a different ring power he uses a different Martail art from similar to Avatar. That would be cool. But the way he's using the rings already looks better visually then just some rings on his fingers.
    I hope the Rings still give him different abilities and he can use them in different ways and it's not just force punches.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the Rings still give him different abilities and he can use them in different ways and it's not just force punches.
    They clearly make him age slow aswell. I'm sure the Rings will have 10 different functions. Now if they are all the same from the comics who knows.

They clearly make him age slow aswell. I'm sure the Rings will have 10 different functions. Now if they are all the same from the comics who knows.
    Well, they did switch around the Infinity Stone colors...

Ultimate Member

I'm sure they'll have some functions, but 10 seems waaaaayyyyy too many to expect the audience to remember

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    In the comics, they weren't rings, they were part of a spaceship's circuitry, so they wouldn't need to fit on dragon fingers. They just happened to be human finger sized because comics.
    I know. I'm just head-canoning this so it will make sense to me until I see the film.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm sure they'll have some functions, but 10 seems waaaaayyyyy too many to expect the audience to remember
    Maybe they don't use all the powers at once so it's easier to remember

Fair point. Shazam! only had seven deadly sins, and the film barely even bothered to differentiate them apart from one scene where Billy has to goad one of them.

And don't get me started on all the bloody dwarves in the Hobbit trilogy that you won't be able to name or describe after eight hours of screen time (one working day).

I guess it is a bit of a jump from the Infinity Stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Fair point. Shazam! only had seven deadly sins, and the film barely even bothered to differentiate them apart from one scene where Billy has to goad one of them.

And don't get me started on all the bloody dwarves in the Hobbit trilogy that you won't be able to name or describe after eight hours of screen time (one working day).
    Or if Billy even really showed off all the abilities he got from the patrons in his Superhero name (he really could've used the Wisdom of Solomon in that movie).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it is a bit of a jump from the Infinity Stones..
    And remember, Thanos didn't have all the gems most of the time. In Infinity War, he used the reality, power and space stones almost exclusively. Time and soul were used only once, not counting the Snap.

So I wouldn't expect the rings to have any abilities not readily apparent

Astonishing Member

Most of the rings are "blasty" of some sort, easy to remember (fire, ice, light energy, dark energy, lightning, etc) and easy to remember. It will be fine.

I don't think the general audience could name all of the Infinity Gauntlet stones either.

Kevin Feige proves it everyone, the Abomination and Wong are BOTH in the Shang-Chi trailer. Here's what Rotten Tomatoes has to say https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...g-chi-trailer/:

“Yes, we just recently released the final trailer for Shang-Chi,” said Feige. “Some fans said, ‘This looks like a character they hadn’t seen in many years named The Abomination, fighting a character that looks like Wong. And I can say that the reason it looks like that is because that is Abomination fighting Wong.”

Feige went on to say that the ability to bring back characters like The Abomination is one of the joys of his work on the MCU. “[It’s] a fun thing to have a character that we haven’t had on screen in over a decade show up again in the MCU. And to see fans on that little tag of the trailer recognize that and embrace that is great fun.”
    Also, here are Feige's thoughts on finally bringing the REAL Mandarin to the MCU:

Shang-Chi also affords Marvel Studios a second go, of sorts, at another storied villain: The Mandarin. The character, which was teased in Iron Man 3 but who, in that film, turned out to be bumbling actor-for-hire Trevor Slattery (Ben Kingsley) – much to some fans’ chagrin – will make a proper debut in the upcoming solo film.

“That’s what’s fun about the MCU at this stage,” Feige told Rotten Tomatoes. “We can do something like Shang-Chi, introducing a brand new hero into the MCU and into the world at large. But that subtitle, The Legend of the Ten Rings, actually connects it back to the very beginning of the MCU, the Ten Rings being the organization that kidnapped Tony Stark at the very beginning of Iron Man one. And that organization was inspired by a character called the Mandarin in the comics.”

“And going back to Iron Man one: We’ve been talking about that when we do bring this character to the screen, [we] only wanted to do it when we felt we could do it supreme justice and really showcase the complexity of this character, which frankly we couldn’t do in an Iron Man movie because an Iron Man movie is about Iron Man; an Iron Man movie is about Tony Stark. So [Iron Man 3 director] Shane Black, in his film and his script that he co-wrote, came up with this fun twist that we love to this day, and it turned out to be Trevor Slattery. Just because that version wasn’t real didn’t mean there’s not a leader of the Ten Rings organization, and that is who we meet for the first time in Shang-Chi.”
    So, in a way, Shang basically has roots in the very beginnings of the MCU? Yes!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Most of the rings are "blasty" of some sort, easy to remember (fire, ice, light energy, dark energy, lightning, etc) and easy to remember. It will be fine.

I don't think the general audience could name all of the Infinity Gauntlet stones either.
    I think one has a mental psychic power, which I hope will be in there, because it's a far less commonly used ability than energy beams, although heat/electricity/light attacks are more common in marvel than cold/dark ones (idk what's the opposite of electricity).

BANNED

A lot of news has been about this movie of recent, from the box office to the premiere. One was even controversial because some Disney CEO called the movie experimental, which angered some cast members. Simi Liu did not like the racial innuendos to that

Although the irony will become rich, since early reviews of the movie are calling it the best action marvel film yet, which could not be anything more Racially stereotypical for an Asian cast.

Do not really 100% trust some of this early reactions , just be aware of it . although it is likely going to be true because this are the standard common marvel reactions to all their films. It's looks so far like the same old, same old, rinse and repeat MCU kind of reviews we have seen before. Lots of action, hilarious and fun and lots of action again.

https://screenrant.com/shang-chi-mov...tions-reviews/

Early reactions are almost always positive but they are all saying that the action is great which alongside family drama is all I ask for. If they nail those two this can be my favorite solo MCU movie.