Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    All action, little adventure, and next to no story. Much like Star Trek 2009.

Subsequent trailers, and the movie itself, may demonstrate something entirely different.
    Ok, but I'd wait until it comes out to get a better grasp on how it'll be. Trailers are just edited to show what they think will grab audiences' attention, whether it does or not. I for one liked seeing the fantasy and family drama elements so I'm looking forward to it. But again, I should wait until release to be more sure

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The more I watch this trailer the more I keep thinking that Marvel is giving Shang the Iron Fist I wanted.
    Yeah, I think that you're right. There's probably not enough room in the MCU for two solo Chi-guys. I can see that they can't do a comics accurate Shang-Chi (who was much more street level) if they're putting him up against the likes of The Mandarin, much as they had to dial Captain America up to make him useful along side the likes of Iron Man and Thor.

I don't see how one can say there was "little adventure" when we see multiple locales, Asian mysticism and a dragon. This trailer was nothing lie Die Hard.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, then I take it the trailer didn't impress you?
    Way too many bright colors and special effects ..I feel like king fu movies like this become campy… same thing when too much magic is introduced in a fantasy film (lord of the rings/ GOT had just the right balance). I don’t like the lead actor as Shang chi or the female sidekick from crazy rich Asians..not excited about this movie at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Way too many bright colors and special effects ..I feel like king fu movies like this become campy… same thing when too much magic is introduced in a fantasy film.
    This is true. I said the same thing on another thread , to explain to someone how MCU tries way to hard to pander to kids with the extreme special effects and bright colours as the best examples and I agree that it is too campy and not necessary at this stage for comic films, sadly people just think saying this makes you a hater.
    (lord of the rings/ GOT had just the right balance). I don’t like the lead actor as Shang chi or the female sidekick from crazy rich Asians..not excited about this movie at all
    Yes LOTR/GOT had a right balance and even Harry Potter that is still classified totally as children's book scaled down on bright colours and animated CGI special effects.

That been said, I disagree on the cast. I feel the lead actor or even the cast looks good though. I think they may succeed more where the cast of Captain Marvel didn't. You can have the same generic story line in a film but a good cast of actors can change a lot, I feel that more here with Captain Marvel and potentially with Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    This is true. I said the same thing on another thread , to explain to someone how MCU tries way to hard to pander to kids with the extreme special effects and bright colours as the best examples and I agree that it is too campy and not necessary at this stage for comic films, sadly people just think saying this makes you a hater.

Yes LOTR/GOT had a right balance and even Harry Potter that is still classified totally as children's book scaled down on bright colours and animated CGI special effects.

That been said, I disagree on the cast. I feel the lead actor or even the cast looks good though. I think they may succeed more where the cast of Captain Marvel didn't. You can have the same generic story line in a film but a good cast of actors can change a lot, I feel that more here with Captain Marvel and potentially with Eternals.
    Some time ago you claimed the exact opposite and said that the Eternals trailer looks bland as all MCU movies and now suddenly you say MCU films have too many bright colors. How can all MCU films be bland and too colorful at the same time? Do you even know what you are talking about?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, I think that you're right. There's probably not enough room in the MCU for two solo Chi-guys. I can see that they can't do a comics accurate Shang-Chi (who was much more street level) if they're putting him up against the likes of The Mandarin, much as they had to dial Captain America up to make him useful along side the likes of Iron Man and Thor.
    Why not. They have a bunch of super soldiers/"my power is kicking" guys.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Way too many bright colors and special effects ..I feel like king fu movies like this become campy… same thing when too much magic is introduced in a fantasy film (lord of the rings/ GOT had just the right balance). I don’t like the lead actor as Shang chi or the female sidekick from crazy rich Asians..not excited about this movie at all.
    I don't think this'll be campy. I like all the magic and fantasy stuff. I'm not too familiar with Liu so I can't judge him yet.

Boisterously Confused

Why not. They have a bunch of super soldiers/"my power is kicking" guys...
    They aren't asking all of those "my power is kicking" guys to carry separate film franchises simultaneously. There's no reason there couldn't be more than one Chi-user in-verse, but somebody has got be the brand exemplar from a business standpoint.

Watching the trailer again Abomination and the Not Fin Fang Foom were cool. The way the Rings are used looks slick but iono how I feel about the change yet. But some of the action in this got me exicted because the way its filmed. There's that shot of a guy dodging a girl's kick(Shangs sister I think but iono) and he falls back on his hands and pushed himself back up to dodge another . Seen that move done many times before in Kung fu flicks. The way its shot though makes it look real slick. The editing of this film is gonna be make or break for me. They have some cool ass shots in the trailer, I pray they don't chop them up so much you don't know what going on. I just watched Fast 9 and outside of Vin Diesel going Incredible Hulk on 30 guys. All the action was chopped up in a way you lose track of what's happening. Especially a fight in a dark house with 3 of the main girls fighting some thugs(Sorry being Vague to avoid spoiling it). Marvel has had some films that overly chopped the fight scenes but they still tracked. But I'm hoping this film let's the choreogrpahy(and CGI) Speak for itself.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Some time ago you claimed the exact opposite and said that the Eternals trailer looks bland as all MCU movies and now suddenly you say MCU films have too many bright colors. How can all MCU films be bland and too colorful at the same time?
    When you already have a heavy bias against them, that's how.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Do you even know what you are talking about?
    Doesn't seem likely.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

They aren't asking all of those "my power is kicking" guys to carry separate film franchises simultaneously. There's no reason there couldn't be more than one Chi-user in-verse, but somebody has got be the brand exemplar from a business standpoint.
    Technically we did have Captain America & Black Panther as separate franchises. But anyway, I think it's possible Iron Fist would either just have a web series continuation or be subsumed into another franchise, if only one Chi-user will be the main theatrical lead

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Watching the trailer again Abomination and the Not Fin Fang Foom were cool. The way the Rings are used looks slick but iono how I feel about the change yet. But some of the action in this got me exicted because the way its filmed. There's that shot of a guy dodging a girl's kick(Shangs sister I think but iono) and he falls back on his hands and pushed himself back up to dodge another . Seen that move done many times before in Kung fu flicks. The way its shot though makes it look real slick. The editing of this film is gonna be make or break for me. They have some cool ass shots in the trailer, I pray they don't chop them up so much you don't know what going on. I just watched Fast 9 and outside of Vin Diesel going Incredible Hulk on 30 guys. All the action was chopped up in a way you lose track of what's happening. Especially a fight in a dark house with 3 of the main girls fighting some thugs(Sorry being Vague to avoid spoiling it). Marvel has had some films that overly chopped the fight scenes but they still tracked. But I'm hoping this film let's the choreogrpahy(and CGI) Speak for itself.
    Marvel has been criticized for chopped up action before so I hope they learn from that

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Marvel has been criticized for chopped up action before so I hope they learn from that
    Fight wise, I am hoping they start at Cap v Winter Soldier fight in the street and build from there.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    ...The way the Rings are used looks slick but iono how I feel about the change yet...
    I had the same initial reaction. Then it hit me, it makes a lot more sense for the Mandarin's rings to be the size of a dragon's fingers than it does the size of a human's fingers.

Technically we did have Captain America & Black Panther as separate franchises. But anyway, I think it's possible Iron Fist would either just have a web series continuation or be subsumed into another franchise, if only one Chi-user will be the main theatrical lead
    I invite you to stroll on over to the Black panther thread and say Cap and BP are the same.

In the comics, they weren't rings, they were part of a spaceship's circuitry, so they wouldn't need to fit on dragon fingers. They just happened to be human finger sized because comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Fight wise, I am hoping they start at Cap v Winter Soldier fight in the street and build from there.
    I'm assuming it'll be like that but with more flair

I had the same initial reaction. Then it hit me, it makes a lot more sense for the Mandarin's rings to be the size of a dragon's fingers than it does the size of a human's fingers.

I invite you to stroll on over to the Black panther thread and say Cap and BP are the same.
    They're not exactly the same since BP, but before that they were basically slightly superhuman with vibranium protection of some sort.