Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The stereotype is it's expected to be rigid and your desires are secondary. It's more a push to confirm and play it safe etc.

Real life is straightforward but some of what I talk about exists but not as intense as it sounds.
    Ok. The really crazy part is when the parents act like only two or three jobs in society are worthwhile, despite most people not actually being in those jobs

Although with the kind of dad in this movie, I can see why Shang wouldn't be so keen on continuing the family tradition!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Trailer looks like Black Panther set in China. Mandarin aside who are theese villains? Is that Razor Fist?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If you really want to try divorcing yourself from anything dealing with China, you might want to move out of the U.S. if you live there.
    Nope. UK all my life.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Trailer looks like Black Panther set in China. Mandarin aside who are theese villains? Is that Razor Fist?
    In what way does it look like Black Panther?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Didn't you see when Shang-Chi says "Madripoor forever!"

BANNED

It is not called the black panther set, it is called the marvel studio placement set. You have to remember, it is not the director that set up the sets or even selects his own use of camera, Kevin Fiege has all this in place of them. this is why all their movies end up looking the same although I dont see much of black panther vibes, aside of the day scenes outside, which is just how all mcu movies looks.

I see more of dr strange and captain marvel from the trailer. the train scene from the trailer is pretty much copy and paste from the captain marvel train scenes. I seriously don't know how many of this directors can be okay with this and not even try and challenge marvel studios because it is basically plagiarism at this point.

There is no distinction at all between both scenes, except maybe the lead actor here seems to have more personality than Carol and looks more believable fighting bad guys and not because he is a man and carol is a woman, it is because Carol or Brie Larson came off too rehearsed and action girlish.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-24-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The neon lights and the folklore heavy battle scenes. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Didn't you see when Shang-Chi says "Madripoor forever!"
    Well done, sir
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-24-2021 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    It is not called the black panther set, it is called the marvel studio placement set. You have to remember, it is not the director that set up the sets or even selects his own use of camera, Kevin Fiege has all this in place of them. this is why all their movies end up looking the same although I dont see much of black panther vibes, aside of the day scenes outside, which is just how all mcu movies looks.

I see more of dr strange and captain marvel from the trailer. the train scene from the trailer is pretty much copy and paste from the captain marvel train scenes. I seriously don't know how many of this directors can be okay with this and not even try and challenge marvel studios because it is basically plagiarism at this point.

There is no distinction at all between both scenes, except maybe the lead actor here seems to have more personality than Carol and looks more believable fighting bad guys and not because he is a man and carol is a woman, it is because Carol or Brie Larson came off too rehearsed and action girlish.
    You never like MCU movies and won't start now. I got it months ago.

Ultimate Member

Well done, sir
    thanks

You never like MCU movies and won't start now. I got it months ago.
    Why even bother trying to understand? Idk what "action girlish" even means.

The neon lights and the folklore heavy battle scenes. Not necessarily a bad thing.
    I guess? I didn't think you meant it as a bad thing, I just don't see the similarities really.

Extraordinary Member

Yup that Razor Fist all right.

I personally think Shang Chi's writer in the original comics was influenced by Peter Pan and Captain Hook and he spent years trying to top Captain Hook as a bad guy.

"What's scarier than a guy with a Hook for a hand? A guy with a Sword for a hand! What is scarier than a guy with a Sword for a hand? A guy with TWO sword hands!!"

Shang has fought dudes with swords for hands, A dude with a mace for a hand and a Cyborg dude with a Swiss Army Chainsaw for a hand (Carlton Velcro, seriously).

I think the masked guy might be Zaran the Weapon Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think the masked guy might be Zaran the Weapon Master.
    Huh, I know him through Captain America.

I wish this movie would be a lot like the Iron Fist Seven Capital Cities of Heaven arc

Huh, I know him through Captain America.

I wish this movie would be a lot like the Iron Fist Seven Capital Cities of Heaven arc
    While I was one of the few to actually enjoy Netflix's Iron Fist, this trailer made yearn for that arc as well.

Maybe this will help us get that?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    While I was one of the few to actually enjoy Netflix's Iron Fist, this trailer made yearn for that arc as well.

Maybe this will help us get that?
    Cheers and let's hope some day we'll see it on the big screen. Those characters are fantastic.