Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Ten rings? More like ten arm bands.
    They'd be rings if a dragon wore them...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Shang Chi was bitten by a radioactive 70s kung fu movie, and I'm okay with that origin.
    Quite. And also very seldom wore a shirt when it was time to punch the clock.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Watching the trailer a few more times...not looking forward to Awqwafina or however you spell her name. Don't like her kind of comedy that she is bringing to the movie. Probably going to annoy me as much as Darcy
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Ultimate Member

I like this.

I just want to long ass single-take fight scenes, like what we've seen in Asian films for DECADES (i still don't know how they screwed up Iron Fist).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes because no one knows who this guy is. Skipping the origin story works for characters like Spider-man.
    Origins stories now are better off tweaked, maybe in one big flash back like Saving Private Ryan or multiple call backs during the present moment of the film that is taking place in 2020 or 2021, However I think that story style , MCU may find it way too over complicated.

In MCU I don't feel there needs to be an official origins story anymore because their system is so well built now. However if and if this an origin story, likely it will be drawn from two main branches. Iron Man/Dr Strange or Thor/Black Panther.

With Spiderman, there was no need for an origin's story because not only is Spiderman the most iconic marvel character, Spiderman in the MCU was just 2 years after the amazing Spiderman films that were origin's stories. Shang Chi has nothing going for it in those terms, so I am guessing, Marvel has to establish something of an official beginning with Shang Chi, although this does not mean it is an origins story like Spiderman 2002 , Amazing Spiderman 1 or Batman Begins.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-19-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Watching the trailer a few more times...not looking forward to Awqwafina or however you spell her name. Don't like her kind of comedy that she is bringing to the movie. Probably going to annoy me as much as Darcy
    I share this concern. She's great in The Farewell, but on the other hand, that role has almost nothing to do with her kind of comedy and her usual stage persona. I'm hoping she drops it altogether because she's a great actor when she doesn't depend on gimmicks.

Simu Liu looks kind of older for Shang than I expected, but the martial arts action and style looks extremely on point .

Awkwafina looks like she's once again playing a comedic sidekick...almost makes me think of a female Ganke .

So the rings are on the Mandarin's arms...I'm curious how they're going to work here.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I feel like there are some references to a few other movies in this trailer.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Great trailer! This looks like it'll be a good origin for Shang-Chi and I'm really excited to see the plot of the ten rings (both the physical rings and the organization) be addressed. I wonder if there will be scenes from the past featuring Iron Man.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Ultimate Member

Does anyone know if there will be another unnecessary romance in this movie?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Is there a Marvel movie without a love interest?

Arrow

I like the trailer. It has me excited to see more.

LOL, apparently the Twitter Mob is trying to "Cancel" the lead actor for some reason (which involves a tweet from 2012 as I understand) and failing spectacularly (thus far). I hate Twitter.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Captain Marvel, unless you count the meta romance between alt-right Youtubers and Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Captain Marvel, Thor: Ragnarock and Winter Soldier.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Kind of hope so, tbh. Hollywood has a severe lack of Asian male romantic leads. It must be all those years of emasculating them.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.