Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 286
  1. #151
    Incredible Member Zauriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yep, and if America has shown anything, we as a society really rely on the "wisdom" of big companies and billionaires to guide our policies. It's terrible practice.
    The big companies listen to their customers and pay attention to the sales. If the customers buy only goods made in America, then the companies, including Nike and Levi Strauss will stop outsourcing. But when will the customers stop buying Chinese-made products? How many forum members here, I wonder, have not bought and owned a T-Shirt, Jeans or shoes made in China?

    The last two US-based Levi Strauss garment factories were closed in 2004. https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna3909407

  2. #152
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Granted, however, this does not disprove that Russians are a boogeyman in America which was my statement.
    We do, then, have to differentiate as to how even our bogeymen are treated differently based on the color of their skin. That takes on a different lens since skin color isn't something that can be changed (nor should it), and how that means society says it's okay to beat and kill some bogeymen without question but then treat others "merely" with suspicion but no physical altercation and even the chance to prove themselves/their allegiance.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-20-2021 at 07:26 PM.

  3. #153
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    We do, then, have to differentiate as to how even our bogeymen are treated differently based on the color of their skin. That takes on a different lens since skin color isn't something that can be changed (nor should it), and how that means society says it's okay to beat and kill some bogeymen without question but then treat others "merely" with suspicion but no physical altercation.
    No doubt, however, I do think there is an inherent danger in seeing everything through the lens of "race" that can become an obsession leading to some very bad places such as wanting revenge for mistreatments real or imagined; the dynamics behind the Rwandan Genocide springs to mind. I won't say more here as this is neither the time nor the place for such a debate.

    Edit -

    When Victims Become Killers by Mahmood Mamdani

    https://www.amazon.ca/When-Victims-B.../dp/0691102805
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-20-2021 at 07:33 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  4. #154
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Some people can't come to common ground because of how they've been treated though, and calls for unity appear tone deaf
    Pretty much been this way ever since we dropped out of the trees in prehistoric times, and why we'll never come together as a species. Calls for unity have always been and always will be somewhat tone deaf, because as a species we're inherently looking to be divided.

  5. #155
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Pretty much been this way ever since we dropped out of the trees in prehistoric times, and why we'll never come together as a species. Calls for unity have always been and always will be somewhat tone deaf, because as a species we're inherently looking to be divided.
    Well, if people are calling for unity, they should first address the inequities of society.

  6. #156
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, if people are calling for unity, they should first address the inequities of society.
    Here is the thing, I highly doubt the people at the top truly care about doing that. They want to keep things exactly the way things are including the politicians who use identity as a wedge issue to mainly benefit themselves. Cynical I know but you'll find most people who have power or crave power are extremely cynical.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  7. #157
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Here is the thing, I highly doubt the people at the top truly care about doing that. They want to keep things exactly the way things are including the politicians who use identity as a wedge issue to mainly benefit themselves. Cynical I know but you'll find most people who have power or crave power are extremely cynical.
    Of course, that's true, but a lot of people on the lower levels of society like to play along. Just look at the rise of anti-Asian hate during the pandemic. No one forced those people to attack Asians. They just went along with anti-Asian conspiracy theories. Same with the attack on the American Capitol, or the police violence against African-Americans

  8. #158
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, if people are calling for unity, they should first address the inequities of society.
    Oh I agree. I just don't think those inequities will ever be addressed, or that those calling for unity will ever succeed. It's just not in humanity to do either thing.

  9. #159
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,706

    Default

    Man this is one of the biggest derails I have seen in a thread, I mean I derail threads all the time but this went way off topic.

    Anyways bring it back on topic, This how Mandarin's rings look now
    Mandarin_rings (2).jpg

    Foo Dogs/Guardian Lion


    death dealer
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-20-2021 at 09:19 PM.

  10. #160
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,706

    Default

    razor fist



    mcu razor fist



    Slight improvement

  11. #161
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    razor fist



    mcu razor fist



    Slight improvement
    I'd have kept the mask and some exposed skin, but that's just me...

  12. #162
    【Cool And Good】 The Gold Stream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    251

    Default

    shame, i like the comics better with his fingers bling'd out



    the robes i can take or leave but still 10 bracelets of power doesnt have a ring to it
    Last edited by The Gold Stream; 04-20-2021 at 09:27 PM.

  13. #163
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oh I agree. I just don't think those inequities will ever be addressed, or that those calling for unity will ever succeed. It's just not in humanity to do either thing.
    I have faith it can eventually happen, although perhaps not in my lifetime. I plan to live past 100 years, though

  14. #164
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Man this is one of the biggest derails I have seen in a thread, I mean I derail threads all the time but this went way off topic.

    Anyways bring it back on topic, This how Mandarin's rings look now
    Mandarin_rings (2).jpg

    Foo Dogs/Guardian Lion


    death dealer
    That's a big fu dog. I didn't see that coming

  15. #165
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    shame, i like the comics better with his fingers bling'd out



    the robes i can take or leave but still 10 bracelets of power doesnt have a ring to it
    The "bracelet" rings look good to me and in a world that infinity gauntlet(yes I know it is gauntlet) I think they were trying to avoid having the same visual style as it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •