Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Cheers and let's hope some day we'll see it on the big screen. Those characters are fantastic.
    The fact that they were setting that stuff up with how Season 2 ended and now we'll never get it still ticks me off.

I want my live action Fat Cobra, dammit!
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

From Hollywood Reporter (and because I forgot how to embed, lol).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...er-1234973265/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

We got Fin Fang Foom and Wong vs Abomination in a cage fight. Sounds like a 10/10 movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

We got Fin Fang Foom and Wong vs Abomination in a cage fight. Sounds like a 10/10 movie
    In a cage fight versus....Wong? It looks like Wong.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    In a cage fight versus....Wong? It looks like Wong.
    Some magic user vs. Abomination, looks like.

Though probably just some generic monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Some magic user vs. Abomination, looks like.

Though probably just some generic monster
    Ha, it's been confirmed that it's Abomination. Closed captions say as much. Some are saying that the magic user is Wong.

Like this trailer here. The action scenes are pretty dope, but it seems to be focusing on the Shang-Chi/Mandarin dynamic. Which is a smart move. Yes, there're some cool Kung Fu and action, but what makes Shang-Chi distinguishable is his relationship with his father. That turns the character from another martial artist to something more.

Seeing that the trailer is getting lots of views and likes. The interest for the film and character is growing. Very proud!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

It's definitely a Shang-Chi movie with him embracing his legacy and fighting his dad .

So is there like a chi component to the ten rings that the Mandarin uses? And that's how Shang is able to to take hold of them during what is, I assume, the final fight?

I am going to be kind of bummed if the only thing the Mandarin can do with those rings is force punches .

So...that dragon is not Fin Fang Foom?

Was that...was that Wong and Abomination fighting in a cage match!? The fudge is going on !?

Also, does Abomination look more like his comic self than he did the first time around? I think I see the Abomination gills that he didn't have the first go around. Is Blonsky evolving?

A more comic accurate Abomination(Wonder how he got off the raft. Maybe the baroness got him our and sent him to fight in some tournament iono I'm sure She Hulk will explain if this films doesnt)

Anyway when Shang faces off against The Mandarin. Is he just using his chi(I assume the Michle Yeoh was teaching him) or did he have rings on his fingers? When I looked closely seems like some rings glowing around his fingers under all the yellow.

Also I don't know much about Marvek Dragons what's the different between Fin Fang Foom, The Great Protecor, and Shoa Loa? I know a bit about Fin and Shoa. Don't know Jack about The great Protector. So if anyone more versed could break it down I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    A more comic accurate Abomination(Wonder how he got off the raft. Maybe the baroness got him our and sent him to fight in some tournament iono I'm sure She Hulk will explain if this films doesnt)

Anyway when Shang faces off against The Mandarin. Is he just using his chi(I assume the Michle Yeoh was teaching him) or did he have rings on his fingers? When I looked closely seems like some rings glowing around his fingers under all the yellow.

Also I don't know much about Marvek Dragons what's the different between Fin Fang Foom, The Great Protecor, and Shoa Loa? I know a bit about Fin and Shoa. Don't know Jack about The great Protector. So if anyone more versed could break it down I'd appreciate it.
    I think Shang is using his chi to steal the rings from Mandarin.

This makes me think of Mortal Kombat, Star Wars, Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies, and Detective Pikachu.
    I'm not feeling the sensation some people state online of "Very Marvel-ly trailer".
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    This makes me think of Mortal Kombat, Star Wars, Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies, and Detective Pikachu.
    I'm not feeling the sensation some people state online of "Very Marvel-ly trailer".
    Not sure what they mean by Marvel-y, unless they're referring to villain voiceover which has happened in previous Marvel trailers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I think it is because it is very actiony. one action scene after the other and sort fast paced story with what looks like a guy trying to find his way to become a hero.

Also I have noticed marvel has really adopted this really blur colourful night or let me saying evening scenes with their cinematography. I really wish Disney will stop trying too hard feeling they need to pander to a much younger-younger audience.

I think Mortal Kombat you mentioned as a film looked more sharp for a martial arts fantasy movie. MK has better cinematography.

Check it out here from the Grace break down video. it is just really too multicoloured for live action.

This dour multi-coloured style started with infinity wars, then endgame, I have also seen some scenes and pictures with Loki on Disney plus and now Shang Chi and people say not all MCU films look the same.

Better trailer than Eternals though.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-25-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Not sure what they mean by Marvel-y, unless they're referring to villain voiceover which has happened in previous Marvel trailers.
    I don't get it either. Did Zemo narrate Civil War's trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I think it is because it is very actiony. one action scene after the other and sort fast passed story with what looks like a guy trying to find his way to become a hero.
    Feels like a normal action movie trailer to me.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I honestly don't get what's different between this and most action movie trailers. I don't think it's specific to marvel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

The Great Protector was made up for this movie.

I'm guessing that Marvel thought Fin Fang Foom wasn't gonna fly with movie audiences ( it is kinda a goofy name). But I'm guessing he has the same general backstory as Foom: he's an Alien, the rings actually belong to him (they were originally part of his space craft but he crashed it on Earth) in human hands they become weapons.

In the comics FFF's rings were stolen by the Mandarin in the modern era ( this may have been retconned-I lose track). It's looks like here instead the Dragon struck a deal with the Mandarin's ancestors hence the name Great Protector.