Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The Great Protector was made up for this movie.

I'm guessing that Marvel thought Fin Fang Foom wasn't gonna fly with movie audiences ( it is kinda a goofy name). But I'm guessing he has the same general backstory as Foom: he's an Alien, the rings actually belong to him (they were originally part of his space craft but he crashed it on Earth) in human hands they become weapons.

In the comics FFF's rings were stolen by the Mandarin in the modern era ( this may have been retconned-I lose track). It's looks like here instead the Dragon struck a deal with the Mandarin's ancestors hence the name Great Protector.
    Ok I thought The great Protector was a character from Shang Chi comics. Makes sense I never heard of him before. They did a drastic redesign if him too then but I kind get that. FFFs is kinda a generic looking dragon. And with Abomination in this film you probably don't want two monsters with a couple things in common from a visual stand point.

I get that they feel this movie is a gamble and much like Spoiling that Spidey was in Civil war. They wanna make sure the film has as much hype as possible. But Abomination isn't gonna excite the regulars. It's just the die hards who are gonna get excited about his return. So why Spoil that in the Trailer. Even if he plays a very unimportant part. That feels like something that should have been a surprise. And unlike Spiderman in Civil war I don't think it's gonna drive ticket sales much revealing Abominatiin is back. Possible fighting Wong? Or just another wizard. Rumors forever were that Baron Mordo shows up in this film. Given we see maybe Wong(More likely another sorcerer) I can see that being more likely. Though if he was in it, I feel like this trailer woulda spoiled it for us.

To be honest I wasnt much excited for this movie. Not really much of anything in phase 4 to be real. But I really dug the trailer. I am for sure more on board with this then I was before.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The more I watch this trailer the more I keep thinking that Marvel is giving Shang the Iron Fist I wanted.

Fantastic Member

the trailer reminded me of Jen Garner's Electra.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    the trailer reminded me of Jen Garner's Electra.
    Is that a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The more I watch this trailer the more I keep thinking that Marvel is giving Shang the Iron Fist I wanted.
    I think this is definitely going to be a better adaption than Iron Fist got.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this is definitely going to be a better adaption than Iron Fist got.
    I still want that good Iron Fist adaptation. But I'm liking the direction the Shang-Chi movie is going. 7.2 millions views on YouTube right now, yes!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

I'm not getting any real Shang-Chi vibes from this, but I admit I haven't followed the characters since the 70a. Still, the trailers seem like Die Hard: Kung Fu version. Not seeing a lot to get excited about here.

Niffleheim

Tony Leung is the one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I'm not getting any real Shang-Chi vibes from this, but I admit I haven't followed the characters since the 70a. Still, the trailers seem like Die Hard: Kung Fu version. Not seeing a lot to get excited about here.
    How is it like Die Hard?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How is it like Die Hard?
    There was a fight in a building, exactly like Die Hard!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    There was a fight in a building, exactly like Die Hard!
    That's a big stretch!

Fantastic Member

Is that a good thing?
    no no it's not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    no no it's not.
    Oh, then I take it the trailer didn't impress you?

BANNED

How is it like Die Hard?
    All action, little adventure, and next to no story. Much like Star Trek 2009.

Subsequent trailers, and the movie itself, may demonstrate something entirely different.