Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Off Panel interview with Gerry Duggan

Off Panel #303: The Way of X with Gerry Duggan
    In this week’s episode of Off Panel, writer Gerry Duggan joins to chat about his work in the X-Office. Duggan discusses his recent run of news, Cable’s ending, the story they’re telling, finite stories vs. ongoings, writing for different artists, the X-Men line as a glacier, the joyfulness of the X-Office, Russell Dauterman’s design game, Marauders and continuity, the X-Men vote, the new X-Men team, and more.
    Previous HiXmen related ones:

Off Panel #295: Youths! with Vita Ayala
    Off Panel #233: Marauders’ Map with Gerry Duggan
    Off Panel #228: Trust the Process with Jonathan Hickman
    Off Panel #215: Data Pages with Tom Muller
    Off Panel #44: Maximum Hickman with Jonathan Hickman (this one is pre-X-Men but he talks about his experiences at Marvel and his process)

Anything in there about Cable’s future as a character?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Anything in there about CableÂ’s future as a character?
    Duggan mentioned that Cable was planned for 10-12 issue and he had an ending he wanted to tell.

I don't know if it's a hint, but he did emphasize its all one Cable...

Huh Duggan actually argued against Kid Cable when the concept first came up but came around to the idea because he tends to like writing heroes where it's more believable they'll make mistakes.

Thanks. Sounds to me like some of the insiders who claimed the adult version was coming back and there are “cool plans” for him were full of it. If anything, it sounds to me like Kid Cable’s arc could be coming full circle with him going back to the future and the character being off the board for awhile. Hope I’m wrong about that and reading too much into it. I would obviously love to have the grown ass man version back, kicking ass and taking names again.

Mighty Member

^ I def think the adult version will be important, and it makes little sense his story would just end wo the adult Cable making his return.

Then again if they were smart, they wouldn't have kept teen Cable this long lol.

Cool that Duggan confirmed that Doom is going to make an appearance at the Gala, gonna be kinda awkward after the mutants stint in Latveria awhile ago.

Also i like that they are planning for the Gala to be an annual thing in Krakoa, this could be a real fun mainstay in comics if done good.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 04-19-2021 at 05:10 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Cool that Duggan confirmed that Doom is going to make an appearance at the Gala, gonna be kinda awkward after the mutants stint in Latveria awhile ago.

Also i like that they are planning for the Gala to be an annual thing in Krakoa, this could be a real fun mainstay in comics if done good.
    Yeah, it was a good interview. Only thing I'm slightly concerned with is if I get too attached to this current x-men team since the roster will apparently change each year. So many members of the team don't really have spots anywhere else, I'd rather the book just keep this cast.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

I imagine they'd scale it back more, a 12 issue long affair every year on top of regular events might be a bit much

Extraordinary Member

Am I the only one who thinks the more they talk about this stuff being scheduled to happen every year it is just too obvious to that something big is going to happen to shake up Krakoa before that gets to happen?

Oh also very glad they are releasing a Hellfire Gala lookbook, excited to finally see all of the looks
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the more they talk about this stuff being scheduled to happen every year it is just too obvious to that something big is going to happen to shake up Krakoa before that gets to happen?
    An excellent thought. They also implied that with the X-Men "election" too, curious.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I imagine they'd scale it back more, a 12 issue long affair every year on top of regular events might be a bit much
    As Duggan stated in the pod that this is something that can sustain itself as a Marauders only arc, and other writers can write choose to participate in the Gala if they feel the need to, so yeah it can definitely fluctuate if this becomes a regular “event”.
    She's A Lifebringer

Honestly no, Hickman said Krakoa's mean to be a long term status quo. Them having annual events justs reinforces this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly no, Hickman said Krakoa's mean to be a long term status quo. Them having annual events justs reinforces this.
    I am not talking about the downfall of mutants or anything, something is going to happen to disrupt life as they know it. Just because there is a Krakoa does not mean there will be a Hellfire Company, or one run by Emma. Never mind that an annual event in Marvel time is like 4-6 years real time.

I am not talking about the downfall of mutants or anything, something is going to happen to disrupt life as they know it. Just because there is a Krakoa does not mean there will be a Hellfire Company, or one run by Emma. Never mind that an annual event in Marvel time is like 4-6 years real time.
    True, but I just didn't get a vibe that Duggan was purposely being misleading when talking about the next election and hellfire gala. He seemed genuine when he talked about fans getting to vote again next year. For them to be planning something that interrupts that just seems so left field.