Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Could it be whoever Doom is going to have dinner with??

What's this Hellfire Gala that the promo on the Marvel website talks about? Maybe this old friend is one of the versions Kang since he and Doom got pretty friendly in Cantwell's Doom series.
    It's an X-Men event, basically a cross between a state dinner and the Met Gala where a bunch of characters from across the Marvel Universe has been invited. My assumption was that it's Magneto, since the solicit makes it sound like Doom is staying on the Krakoa-owned Mykines (where the gala is being held) a little longer and I can't think of many other Krakoans who'd be considered "old friends" of his, except for maybe Emma--but I'm leaning towards Magneto since he's part of SWORD's cast.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Even though Magneto and Doom have had a contentious relationship and IIRC they really didn't interact very much in Zdarsky's X-Men/Fantastic Four mini. The SWORD #7 promo makes it sound like Doom stays behind after the event to have some kind of discourse with someone. I guess Magneot is a likely choice considering his rank on Krakoa, etc. When Doom has dinner with someone there is usually a truce so that they can discuss things without hurling power blasts around. He's even had Reed over for dinner a couple of times.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-20-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    According to Slott's run, Pym actually died when he merged with Ultron, so the Soul fragment in the Soul Stone wasn't actually him, but (I guess) part of Ultron's soul (as much as that can be said to be a thing) thinking it was Pym. It's confusing and these ideas seemingly directly contradictory with each other, but Slott's retcon came later so I guess it takes precedence. The Soul in the Stone was eaten by Devondra (or whatever the weird spider-thing's name was) anyway, so it's a moot point.
    Suffice to say, it sucks to be Hank Pym .

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'm saying Genis, the long lost Vell sibling, returning from his time beyond the stars in the Dark Dimension, and still mad as a box of frogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I hope it's Rom.
    I'm a fan of both of theses characters, and would love to see them return, but not as villains (especially Genny).

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    My first thought was of Ultron Pym. But, maybe it is tied to the Progenitors.
    I'd be fine with this. I think Ewing would be just the guy to separate them (one of the worst ideas ever was their fusion. Way to take two great characters off the board and give us a subpar replacemente for them), giving us back Hank and the real menace of Ultron. But since Ultron was the big bad in Annihilation, I tend to doubt it,

I was going to suggest Vulcan (Gabriel Summers), but I hear he's returned in the X-Men books as if nothing's happened. I haven't touched an X-book in quite a while.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'm a fan of both of theses characters, and would love to see them return, but not as villains (especially Genny).
    In total agreement with you, Nomads1.

I also LOVE both characters, and I truly believe only their creators can do them justice...

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-20-2021 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

I'd be fine with this. I think Ewing would be just the guy to separate them (one of the worst ideas ever was their fusion. Way to take two great characters off the board and give us a subpar replacemente for them), giving us back Hank and the real menace of Ultron.

Peace
    If there's any way in bringing back both Ultron & Yellowjacket (Hank Pym) as separate entities, then I'm willing to go along with your suggestion...

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-20-2021 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]In total agreement with you, Nomads1.

I also LOVE both characters, and I truly believe only their creators can do them justice...
    Sadly, ROM's creator is utterly unavailable.

(Not that Marvel has the rights, but even if they did...)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hank one of those characters that has taken the most abuse & mistreatment by various writers. I hope one day some one does a redeeming arc with him. Seems like a lot of writers can't get over The Slap.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Sadly, ROM's creator is utterly unavailable.

(Not that Marvel has the rights, but even if they did...)
    I meant no offense, DigiCom. Due to my anxiety issues, I can sometimes get too passionate about stuff I care about

Is this just contained in these two titles?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    Is this just contained in these two titles?
    For now.

100char
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I just want Genis back. He can be redeemed once he's back.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I just want Genis back. He can be redeemed once he's back.
    Let's build up the disparate Marvel Family .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's build up the disparate Marvel Family .
    Hulking did become Emperor, time for a Royal family. Wait so the Moondragons fused making sort of both the same being, making now the alternate Phyla-Vell her wife, and the 616 Drax their father. Phyla-Vell is a child of Mar-Vell, so would Drax now be part of the Royal family?

Extraordinary Member

I heard someone say the recent Darkhawk comic contained some stuff that might hint at future cosmic stories, maybe? Did anyone read that and is there anything there that could hint at this threat or maybe how Darkhawk might tie in to this?