Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Sad, but true (although, he had help ):

There is no suit that Bats, Lex, Stark, or whatever can make that would enable them to seriously engage people like Supes. They can annoy him a bit before he shreds their gear. All the prep time in the world will not make that plausible for me. Dark Knight may be Batfans fantasy but Rucka got it right in that Infinite Crisis prologue mini. Bats steps to Supes, Bats dies

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    TBH, the whole fight was just them beating each other.

Sups burned WW face, knocked her out for a second when he punched her back to Earth and broke her wrist.

WW gouged Superman's eyes, ruptured Sups ears and slit his throat.
    Yes, this is what I remember. Sounds like mutual combat beating each other senseless.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The fighting ended when she made him bleed from his neck, and you could argue she was being merciful in that strike by making sure it grazed him instead of obliterating the Kryptonian version of carotid arteries, or as Thanos famous advised, went for the head. If you said she won the fight, I don't think that's necessarily wrong, though the argument that Superman won round 1 and she won round 2 also seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    The fighting ended when she made him bleed from his neck, and you could argue she was being merciful in that strike by making sure it grazed him instead of obliterating the Kryptonian version of carotid arteries, or as Thanos famous advised, went for the head. If you said she won the fight, I don't think that's necessarily wrong, though the argument that Superman won round 1 and she won round 2 also seems reasonable.
    That's what it felt like they were going for to anger as little fans as possible. Especially since she said she was holding back while Superman wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    There is no suit that Bats, Lex, Stark, or whatever can make that would enable them to seriously engage people like Supes. They can annoy him a bit before he shreds their gear. All the prep time in the world will not make that plausible for me. Dark Knight may be Batfans fantasy but Rucka got it right in that Infinite Crisis prologue mini. Bats steps to Supes, Bats dies
    Keep in mind also that DKR was an already weakened Superman due to lack of sunlight and holding back and not even wanting to fight and not using his vision and hearing powers and speed against a Batman raving about how he's the only one to ever beat Superman.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Keep in mind also that DKR was an already weakened Superman due to lack of sunlight and holding back and not even wanting to fight and not using his vision and hearing powers and speed against a Batman raving about how he's the only one to ever beat Superman.
    It's pretty much a straight-faced version of the Black Knight scene from Monty Python.

That's an endless argument. People argue that she snuck up on him while he was actively using his super hearing which is itself silly, that she sent birds against him, no telling what he perceived them to be yet knew he wouldn't hurt them and that he was clearly operating below his standard while she was at her highest showing.

But it's certainly a fight where he was delusional and wasn't seeing what was really there.

But these things go back and forth depending on the writer. What irked me about that story was that it permanently destroyed Perez's vision of WW as the Princess of Peace in Man's World to teach a more peaceful way and pretty much was the death knell of the Post-Crisis WW, corrupted by the very world she came to teach a better way to. I didn't give a crap about her after that. I had never especially been interested in WW before the Post-Crisis version as established by Perez and that ended that version.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's pretty much a straight-faced version of the Black Knight scene from Monty Python.
    Ha! The knights who say... MARTHA!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The thing about WW is that they'll always go back and forth and generally at least one side is reluctant. But that's a fight. In strength I think the important thing to recognize would be that she's a vastly superior fighter, and they're pretty even in a fight
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Superman is not the strongest character in the Dc universe!! Writers have made it a point to make superman weaker every time they write about him now!!! Superman is nowhere near as strong as he was. I've said this before and will say it again Superman is nothing more than a punching bag now for Villains and heroes in the Dc universe. Dc comics and most of writers that write his comics have seen to that. I don't know why some keep saying he too powerful. They must not read Superman comics or watch his Dvds or tv series. Superman get his ass kicked regularly! He is fast becoming a minor leagues hero when it comes to power!! I shouldn't say that, i should say superman is a minor league hero in the Dc universe now!
    Last edited by lotchj; 04-25-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Right, which is why I put WW on the list with others that could be on the level of Superman.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's an endless argument. People argue that she snuck up on him while he was actively using his super hearing which is itself silly, that she sent birds against him, no telling what he perceived them to be yet knew he wouldn't hurt them and that he was clearly operating below his standard while she was at her highest showing.

But it's certainly a fight where he was delusional and wasn't seeing what was really there.

But these things go back and forth depending on the writer. What irked me about that story was that it permanently destroyed Perez's vision of WW as the Princess of Peace in Man's World to teach a more peaceful way and pretty much was the death knell of the Post-Crisis WW, corrupted by the very world she came to teach a better way to. I didn't give a crap about her after that. I had never especially been interested in WW before the Post-Crisis version as established by Perez and that ended that version.
    It's a fight that's cursed to be endlessly debated by fans over who "won". They've both had plenty of stories where they've cleaned each others clocks. And WW being in Superman's league shouldn't be a question to begin with, they've both have highs and lows, it happens.

-

But back to the OP's question on who's beaten up Superman, and while somewhat staying on the topic of Wonder Woman, you wanna know who's consistently beaten him up? Cheetah. He lost 2 for 2.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Being supernatural isn't enough by itself. Cheetah is so formidable that it makes sense to be an extra big threat, especially with the infrequent encounters.

I think Diana is like 1-4 when it comes to fighting off Doomsday herself. Those are just the stories they want to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Superman is not the strongest character in the Dc universe!! Writers have made it a point to make superman weaker every time they write about him now!!! Superman is nowhere near as strong as he was. I've this before and will say it again Superman is nothing more than a punching bag now for Villains and heroes in the Dc universe. Dc comics and most of writers that write his comics have seen to that. I don't know why some keep saying he too powerful. They must not read Superman comics or watch his Dvds or tv series. Superman get his ass kicked regularly! He is fast becoming a minor leagues hero when it comes to power!! I shouldn't say that, i should say superman is a minor league hero in the Dc universe now!
    Break it down for us specifically lol
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Being supernatural isn't enough by itself. Cheetah is so formidable that it makes sense to be an extra big threat, especially with the infrequent encounters.
    I'm not bothered by it either since their fights are kept so infrequent. Villain swapping is fine with me in moderation, and with Cheetah it at least makes sense they would be tough for Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think Diana is like 1-4 when it comes to fighting off Doomsday herself. Those are just the stories they want to tell.
    I'm honestly really against Wonder Woman fighting Doomsday or Doomsday appearing again after Death of Superman. He was really meant to be a one-and-done villain, created for the soul purpose of killing Superman.

I don't feel like Wonder Woman has to fight or beat Doomsday to prove anything. (She takes on gods and monsters all the time, seriously what does she have to prove?)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    There is no suit that Bats, Lex, Stark, or whatever can make that would enable them to seriously engage people like Supes.
    Here is an idea,i can beat superman by huffing and puffing.This is fiction.Fantasy at that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-21-2021 at 09:49 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"