Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    What I'm trying to say is: ten years ago I felt all this stuff would be lost, now I'm confident there'll be folks to carry the torch.
    Ah, I understand that. Ten years ago I always knew that all this stuff would survive, I was just afraid it'd be pushed out into the obscure margins - sadly it has, so I'm in a worse spot than you. You had the greater dread so felt more relief that it didn't go as badly as you had feared - I on the other hand kept my expectations a bit more level, and was thus more bummed when they were met. Weird how your perspective can make good or bad news out of the same end result. That said, while I'm disappointed that practical has largely only survived in these niche markets, and I'm afraid other countries like Japan may go the same direction, I do still get a lot of enjoyment in these more obscure markets that still use these effects. Like you said, there's some really great and impressive stuff these days. I just miss seeing such on the big screen with big screen budgets.

I'm amazed by just how much stuff I wanted to see when I was 12 but couldn't get them in the US is now so easily available.

I certainly hope that, since Ultraman Trigger is some sort of continuation of the '90s Ultra shows, that those '90s shows (Tiga, Dyna, and Gaia) will soon be released on Blu-ray here. I saw Gaia when it was on Crunchyroll a few years ago and it's one of my all-time favorites Ultra shows!

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

It's interesting how Tiga is so popular that it gets a straight up remake. I kind of feel like Trigger is a new form of Tiga, the marketing seems too on the nose otherwise.

Extraordinary Member

I saw all of Ultraman Z and thought that was really well done. I've only seen a few of the Ultraseries (only Ultraseven and Z all the way thru and about half of Ultraman X) and Tiga is one of the ones I've never seen at all.

So if Trigger is a direct remake of Tiga I should look out for it then!

After decades of false starts and dead-ends Tsuburaya is finally getting the major Hollywood production they've always been shooting for! Good for them!

Between this and Shin Ultraman? Can't wait!