Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Furiosa Mad Max Prequel

Last edited by choptop; 04-19-2021 at 06:33 PM.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

same i usually prefer sequels to prequels but still furiosa is a good pick for the lead

since they seem to be going back pretty young for the character i wonder if a younger immortan joe will appear

Mighty Member

It'd be interesting to see today's world gradually go from civilised to barbaric as Furiosa grows up in it. It could start off with her family enjoying malls, computers, fast food etc then declines into food and water shortages, violent gangs and warlords coming to power...

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I loved Fury Road... the one thing I didn't love about it was the continuity problems it created with the original trilogy. I'm not willing to give those stories up, and I'm afraid with each new movie it will become more and more impossible to reconcile them.

I'm going to see them all, though, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I loved Fury Road... the one thing I didn't love about it was the continuity problems it created with the original trilogy. I'm not willing to give those stories up, and I'm afraid with each new movie it will become more and more impossible to reconcile them.

I'm going to see them all, though, of course.
    The Gyroscope Captain literally came back as a different character in Thunderdome, and then it was like a nuclear war had happened instead of just a general breakdown of society. It was already more like campfire tales of a mythical character than a strict continuity anyway.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Mad Max had a continuity? I always thought of it as the continuing adventures of the titular character in the post apocalypse

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

In the first movie, a breakdown of society was in progress. Between the first and second movies a nuclear war happened and it became literally post-apocalyptic. That continued in the third movie.

In Fury Road we're told that it's been decades since the apocalypse... but Max is still in his 30s and still an ex-cop. When was he a cop? Is he displaced in time? Immortal? Did the first three movies happen or is this a reboot?

Mad Max did have a continuity, until this movie. If it still does, it has a lot of explaining to do. But Fury Road was good enough to make me not care so much. Hopefully the future movies will be as well.

Ultimate Member

I hope this movie has more of an actual plot

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I hope this movie has more of an actual plot
    There was plenty of plot in Fury Road. It told its story through its action.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There was plenty of plot in Fury Road. It told its story through its action.
    It was going in one direction and then going back. It wasn't especially complex. And Max was just a side character

It was going in one direction and then going back. It wasn't especially complex. And Max was just a side character
    "They were just taking some piece of jewelry to a mountain, and the title character was barely even in it."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    "They were just taking some piece of jewelry to a mountain, and the title character was barely even in it."
    Not the same thing. LotR had much more characterization and side plots.

There's some theories that the Mad Max of Fury Road is an entirely different character, or that the movies are just 'legends' told by the people he saved.

One early draft of Road Warrior would have had Goose be the true identity of Lord Humongous.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

He was hardly a side character, but he did to his typical thing.

Get in trouble, and in the process of getting out of trouble, help some people. That's pretty much his formula since the first one