Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is open to anyone who is hyping this, especially if you are doing so to counter people who do not like all the tie-ins, but are you already reading GotG? Did you read Empyre? Do you just see this as an extension of a Ewing-verse, and not a book on its own or a book that is primarily X related? Again, I think some of this is important when realising where people are coming from, especially whether you are already buying GotG.

Bonus question: do you buy books or just 'read' them?
    Like said before me, SWORD is the link series between the X-Men and cosmic stories. So being involved in cosmic events a logic. Also, so far it has been a great series that you could also read without buying the rest of King in Black.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

This is open to anyone who is hyping this, especially if you are doing so to counter people who do not like all the tie-ins, but are you already reading GotG? Did you read Empyre? Do you just see this as an extension of a Ewing-verse, and not a book on its own or a book that is primarily X related? Again, I think some of this is important when realising where people are coming from, especially whether you are already buying GotG.

Most tie-ins you can read alone & still perfectly understand the plot cause they always do the little "this is happening" before the story starts so far while Knull was dry that hasn't stopped Ewing from moving along the plot I didn't even read KIB & was personally unbothered by the fact, & Hellfire Gala will likely be the same, unlike those 2 events this is something Ewing is setting up for his story it's what he wants to do. Again me personally I don't get the complaints but ya know different strokes for different folks so by all means do you!

As for the bonus I don't buy physical copy of comics or variants or all that **** I just read & occasionally purchase on comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Billy's on the Guardians cover.

I hope they address the elephant in the room! Hopefully Ewing is the one writer who has the balls.

Billy's on the Guardians cover.[/IMG]
    rip me, he blended into the silhouette shadow.

But anyway, this crossover has good potential to be very entertaining IMO.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Like said before me, SWORD is the link series between the X-Men and cosmic stories. So being involved in cosmic events a logic. Also, so far it has been a great series that you could also read without buying the rest of King in Black.
    As I said in another thread, issue #2 did not work for me at all and I skipped 3 and 4. Don't care if they 'worked' or not, I did not enjoy #2 so saved my money.

And I am not saying it does not fit the story, but lining up crossovers like this is an editorial and marketing decision. Buying extra books, or missing out on chunks of the story, is something I get to weigh in when deciding where to put my money.

Still, I am curious if people who are really into this are already buying GotG or plan to buy it (not just read it). I can say that if I was still buying GotG I would probably like the idea of them crossing over (although I still feel SWORD has not had a chance to establish itself) but even if I did I would 100% understand people bailing on it.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I've been enjoying SWORD and GotG so I'm looking forward to this. I usually don't care for event tie ins, but I think Ewing did an excellent job of using the KiB issues to flesh out the structure and duties of SWORD, establish character roles and potential personality conflicts, and set up future plot points. I just hope the artist they got to replace Schiti is up to snuff. Marvel needs to stop letting Booth do the covers for Guardians, they are an ugly mess.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't mind that SWORD is involved...
    1: Ewing is writing both titles (thank the Goddess!)...so it was inevitable.
    2: I'm going to see my SWORD crew interact with other heroes doing space stuff. As Brand herself said to Magneto...SWORD is not beholden only to Krakoa, it makes sense that they be focused on the big Space picture with other Space characters.
    3: Based off of SWORD's recent tie-in with KiB...this should be very interesting.

I feel sorry for those who can read and enjoy only X-Men-specific shenanigans...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't mind that SWORD is involved...
    1: Ewing is writing both titles (thank the Goddess!)...so it was inevitable.
    2: I'm going to see my SWORD crew interact with other heroes doing space stuff. As Brand herself said to Magneto...SWORD is not beholden only to Krakoa, it makes sense that they be focused on the big Space picture with other Space characters.
    3: Based off of SWORD's recent tie-in with KiB...this should be very interesting.

I feel sorry for those who can read and enjoy only X-Men-specific shenanigans...
    I know I should stop responding, but who is limiting themselves to X-Men specific shenanigans? The separation from Krakoa is what I want out of SWORD.

Yes...you should.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes...you should.
    Cool, so stop commenting on my opinions?

Billy's on the Guardians cover.

Giant Spider-Man wearing part of the Destroyer armor?

Edited...not worth my time or energy or being banned.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-20-2021 at 01:47 PM.

I won’t get the guardians issue unless it’s really important to SWORD.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

This crossover looks really good, I like Ewing characterization and this promises some Magneto and Dr Doom interaction which I am always happy to see, especially if now Mags is one of Doom´s "old friends" Now I only need some Maximoff family - Magneto interaction here and this will have everything I need.

I also have been waiting to see the resolution to the end of Empyre and this looks like this will be it.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Mighty Member

I buy everything I read. I don’t collect GoG but have no problem picking it up if the two will connect during the event as they will. Yes, I read Empyre because I like Hulkling and Wiccan. I see this as a book that is X-men centric, but also something that is dealing with aliens and what not and therefore it will deal probably deal with many cosmic events. This book was teased in Empyre, so if you’re not for that then I can’t help you and you’re entitled to your opinion. For me it makes sense for that reason and because they’ve been trying to get an audience with Emperor Hulkling. They are more or less the U.N. (Or just Krakoan) of earth to the universe

I’m not countering anyone’s opinion. If you don’t enjoy it don’t pick it up, that’s up to you. I don’t really enjoy Excalibur at all but I but it every month because I’m a fan of Betsy and hope it will get better.

It seems like it’s not a book for you.