Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't mind that SWORD is involved...
    1: Ewing is writing both titles (thank the Goddess!)...so it was inevitable.
    2: I'm going to see my SWORD crew interact with other heroes doing space stuff. As Brand herself said to Magneto...SWORD is not beholden only to Krakoa, it makes sense that they be focused on the big Space picture with other Space characters.
    3: Based off of SWORD's recent tie-in with KiB...this should be very interesting.

I feel sorry for those who can read and enjoy only X-Men-specific shenanigans...
    All of this and then some

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I buy everything I read. I don’t collect GoG but have no problem picking it up if the two will connect during the event as they will. Yes, I read Empyre because I like Hulkling and Wiccan. I see this as a book that is X-men centric, but also something that is dealing with aliens and what not and therefore it will deal probably deal with many cosmic events. This book was teased in Empyre, so if you’re not for that then I can’t help you and you’re entitled to your opinion. For me it makes sense for that reason and because they’ve been trying to get an audience with Emperor Hulkling. They are more or less the U.N. (Or just Krakoan) of earth to the universe

I’m not countering anyone’s opinion. If you don’t enjoy it don’t pick it up, that’s up to you. I don’t really enjoy Excalibur at all but I but it every month because I’m a fan of Betsy and hope it will get better.

It seems like it’s not a book for you.
    I appreciate the elaboration on why you like where the book is going. I would ask withholding judgement on what I enjoy, it is odd people are so quick to make such an opinion. I had actually jumped on Fantastic Four, GotG, and of course SWORD, right after Empyre ended. I like the books feeling like they exist in the same space. Something like Ewing just throwing a reference to planets being wiped out in his murder mystery arc, alluding to the incoming Knull invasion, was nicely done.

What is not for me is Knull and pretty much anything Cates is doing. It did not matter how well Ewing might have used the tie ins, it is pretty much like having pineapple on the most amazing pizza ever, you can pick it off and still the pizza is ruined by the taste.

I may very well jump back in on GotG. I was considering it, now I am waiting to see how big this story actually gets. sometimes I just avoid tie ins because I have a budget. If it was good I can always get it in trade.

If I do jump back on, and I enjoy it, my real point here is that I still would not toss snide comments around about people who decided to skip out solely due to a tie in or for any reason.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by guy_gardner View Post
    Giant Spider-Man wearing part of the Destroyer armor?
    Annihilus, obviously.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I appreciate the elaboration on why you like where the book is going. I would ask withholding judgement on what I enjoy, it is odd people are so quick to make such an opinion. I had actually jumped on Fantastic Four, GotG, and of course SWORD, right after Empyre ended. I like the books feeling like they exist in the same space. Something like Ewing just throwing a reference to planets being wiped out in his murder mystery arc, alluding to the incoming Knull invasion, was nicely done.

What is not for me is Knull and pretty much anything Cates is doing. It did not matter how well Ewing might have used the tie ins, it is pretty much like having pineapple on the most amazing pizza ever, you can pick it off and still the pizza is ruined by the taste.

I may very well jump back in on GotG. I was considering it, now I am waiting to see how big this story actually gets. sometimes I just avoid tie ins because I have a budget. If it was good I can always get it in trade.

If I do jump back on, and I enjoy it, my real point here is that I still would not toss snide comments around about people who decided to skip out solely due to a tie in or for any reason.
    Actually, YOU responded to ME as to ask if I was just countering because people didn’t like tie-in and if I actually bought the books instead of just reading. So there was judgement from you in your reply to my original post. I stated my reasons why I was for it all in my original post and didn’t say anything negative about people that don’t like the tie-ins. I just stated that it makes sense for what the book is.

There was nothing snide in saying it sounded like it wasn’t for you. You said you didn’t like 2 and you skipped 3 & 4. Sounds like a fair assessment, not opinion. I don’t read Children of the Atom because it’s not for me. I also won’t be picking up X-Corp because it’s also not for me.
    Last edited by Rnap22; 04-20-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So I wasn't the only one, then.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Actually, YOU responded to ME as to ask if I was just countering because people didn’t like tie-in and if I actually bought the books instead of just reading. So there was judgement from you in your reply to my original post. I stated my reasons why I was for it all in my original post and didn’t say anything negative about people that don’t like the tie-ins. I just stated that it makes sense for what the book is.

There was nothing snide in saying it sounded like it wasn’t for you. You said you didn’t like 2 and you skipped 3 & 4. Sounds like a fair assessment, not opinion. I don’t read Children of the Atom because it’s not for me. I also won’t be picking up X-Corp because it’s also not for me.
    Sorry, the last sentence was not really directed to you, but that other person who has a grudge can take it however they want.

There is just a lot of 'well don't read it' and 'oh geez I don't get how anyone can have a differing opinion' from a couple people on this topic. I was hoping that if someone who really enjoyed it pointed out where they were coming from, which you did, it might help other people in a similar situation realize they have the in common and maybe people who are bugged by the crossovers are seeing it from a different perspective.

So, again, sorry, not all of that was aimed at you. I do still feel though that closing off with "not for you" is going to rub people the wrong way when I did not ask if it was for me or really give any information to indicate what I was looking for.

Will definitely be getting this. Though that cover makes me a little nervous when it says one of them won't come home. Mutants can be resurrected and I hope Teddy has years of story to come.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-20-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Will definitely be getting this.
    I'm not reading GotG currently but...I just might consider adding it closer to the time when I learn more about the story. SWORD has not let me down so far so that's an absolute definite.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Poor SWORD keeps getting dragged into events. Surely there'll be another X-event waiting for them once annihilation end.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm not reading GotG currently but...I just might consider adding it closer to the time when I learn more about the story. SWORD has not let me down so far so that's an absolute definite.
    i haven't really been following it either but i feel comfortable getting it with ewing. he hasn't let me down so far. Even his ultimates was ahead of it's time in my opinon. Guardians just usually isn't on my radar.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

i haven't really been following it either but i feel comfortable getting it with ewing. he hasn't let me down so far. Even his ultimates was ahead of it's time in my opinon. Guardians just usually isn't on my radar.
    Absolutely the same, in that regard.

Mighty Member

I have no problem picking up GoG during this crossover. I always wanted to pick Ultimates up. Maybe next time Marvel does a sale on comixology and they pop up. I’m always interested in the cosmic side, but never find a book that interests me. SWORD IS that book for me and I hope to see more cosmic players guest every so often.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I have not been following GoTG either but I think this crossover is worth it to keep with the story Ewing is writting and this crossover makes sense with the story being told on S.W.O.R.D this was a book promised to have a lot of interaction with the wider Marvel Universe and I think it´s doing exactly that, I didn´t like S.W.O.R.D getting into the Gala issue because I didn´t really see a need for it, just a reference would have been enough but I think Ewing will make it worth it.

I just like the potential present on this book for the X-characters to interact with the main MU without it becoming a versus situation while it allows to address storylines that have not been touched yet like Brand appareance at the end of EMPYRE.

I get it can be annoying to have to read other books to read the main story, so far we have got just like 2 and a half issues with just SWORD story so the title definitely can do with more issues dedicated to it´s own storyline, without being in a crossover but I don´t think it has been neccesary to adquire every other book of the crossovers to understand the story being told.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

GotG had a jumping on point last week