Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Also, am I the only one loving how Black Adam don't give a crap about Batman's opinion. it's kind of refreshing in a way !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Also, am I the only one loving how Black Adam don't give a crap about Batman's opinion. it's kind of refreshing in a way !
    Yeah that was another good thing from the issue xd.

Wouldn't be Adam if he did .

Astonishing Member

DC comics universe would be a much better place if more people didn't give a crap about Batman's opinion.

Which I think will help her more distinct from most of other DC heroes, who have mostly preserved their secret identities.
    Isn't it mostly the Bat, Flash, Arrow and Shazam families that still maintain them? The Super family used to as well, but Conner never really had a secret identity, Clark outed himself, outing Jon as a consequence. And Kara's is moot because her adoptive father was killed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    DC comics universe would be a much better place if more people didn't give a crap about Batman's opinion.
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    They really don't that much anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't it mostly the Bat, Flash, Arrow and Shazam families that still maintain them? The Super family used to as well, but Conner never really had a secret identity, Clark outed himself, outing Jon as a consequence. And Kara's is moot because her adoptive father was killed.
    He had one during the Johns era.

Thought this one was a lot better than the first issue (which wasn't terrible but it had a lot of the usual Bendis-isms that I'm not fond of). Still nothing to write home about but I don't mind keeping this book on my list for a little while longer. Black Adam was definitely the best part so if he stays this good then it'll be worth reading.

My big takeaway from this issue is that I hope they give Blue Devil a spot on the team.

Last issue, GA repeated variations on the same line/idea over and over again with variations on the same responses again and again.

This issue was mostly variations on Superman saying to give Black Adam a chance and everyone else saying they didn't think it was a good idea. And a recap of Naomi's story with nothing new to it.

Not just bad dialogue, but the same dialogue, over and over and over again.

And does anyone else think "Brutus" is about the dumbest name for a DC villain ever? Brutus was one of Popeye's antagonists and every time I read that name I think of Popeye. And, while I love Popeye, I don't much think it was Bendis's intention to make us think of Popeye. I mean, what's next? The Sea Hag? Will Wimpy put in an appearance to beg for burger money?

I'd never read Bendis before he came to DC, so calling all Bendis fans: Does he ever have more than one exchange per issue, just repeated over and over but in slightly different words? Because this is brutal.

And I'm stuck with it because I never drop JL, no matter what. At least JLD is good. Sigh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Last issue, GA repeated variations on the same line/idea over and over again with variations on the same responses again and again.

This issue was mostly variations on Superman saying to give Black Adam a chance and everyone else saying they didn't think it was a good idea. And a recap of Naomi's story with nothing new to it.

Not just bad dialogue, but the same dialogue, over and over and over again.

And does anyone else think "Brutus" is about the dumbest name for a DC villain ever? Brutus was one of Popeye's antagonists and every time I read that name I think of Popeye. And, while I love Popeye, I don't much think it was Bendis's intention to make us think of Popeye. I mean, what's next? The Sea Hag? Will Wimpy put in an appearance to beg for burger money?

I'd never read Bendis before he came to DC, so calling all Bendis fans: Does he ever have more than one exchange per issue, just repeated over and over but in slightly different words? Because this is brutal.

And I'm stuck with it because I never drop JL, no matter what. At least JLD is good. Sigh.
    Brutus is the perfect name for this character, he seems to be a brute picking random fights with heroes to challenge himself.

I really liked this issue. Overall wasn’t a fan of Bendis’ Superman run but I loved his voice for Kal, so it’s nice to see he’s bringing that to Justice League. Superman finding the best in people was spot on. I felt all the characters played really well off of each other. Barry including everyone’s logo on his modified cosmic treadmill was pretty funny.

Did Bendis really just have a villain with horns who carries an axe basically boom tube onto Themyscira and start a fight with the Amazons? Hmm. We’ve seen that somewhere before.

Really great art by Marquez. Superman having a cute smile on his face as they teleported was a nice touch.

“I disagree.”

“I don’t care.”

Haha

I always enjoy when Batman is knocked down a couple of pegs and it should happen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I always enjoy when Batman is knocked down a couple of pegs and it should happen more often.
    Feels like it happens more often than it doesn't, but I guess it depends on what you're reading.

if you're reading Bat-books, Justice League Books, and the Superman/Batman book it doesn't happen that often. The dude is DC's number 1 for a reason and they know it.

I also wouldn't call Adam disagreeing with Bruce knocking him down a peg. Heck in the backup issue Bruce straight-up threatens Etrigan and I'd argue gets the better of him in the exchange (at least thats how the comic portrayed it).
    The J-man